Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 12-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
I've read on internet that there are mantras which when chanted a particular number of times give specific occult powers. I'm currently looking for someone who has already achieved mastery of an occult power (through which Randi's challenge can be broken) and can guide me in attaining the same siddhi. But I'm thinking that even if Randi's challenge is broken then it might happen that people instead of turning their attention to God would want the same occult power. if someone doesn't acknowledge God in everyday miracles why would he acknowledge God if someone proves existence of occult powers. But even if I decide that Randi's challenge shouldn't be broken then also I can use the sidhi for getting guidance from God, like I read about a mantra through which one can get answers in dreams from one's ishta devta.

You are correct in speculating that a person will glorify themselves with the power of the occult instead of glorifying Yahweh.

There is a very thin line to walk when one knows and understands occultic skills. One path leads to eternal life, the other path leads to eternal damnation.

If you want to continue with this challenge then maybe create a new thread. Personally i am shocked that this thread has gone quiet seeing that there are fewer Christians on this site than non-christians.

i expected at least one person to take up the gauntlets of challenge seeing that 99% of SF members say they have spiritual contacts.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
instead of glorifying Yahweh.
You're in a thread which is about Shiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
the other path leads to eternal damnation.
You're in Hinduism forum and Hinduism doesn't believe that God would give anyone "eternal damnation".
Old 12-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
You're in a thread which is about Shiva.

You're in Hinduism forum and Hinduism doesn't believe that God would give anyone "eternal damnation".

Absolutely. As a Saivite Hindu, I would object to such terminology or paradigms being presented within the context of Hinduism. For most Hindus (not so much in the west) the very concept of Christ is foreign and irrelevant, let alone the many other ideas of Abrahamic faiths.
Old 19-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I found this modern version of one of his mantras, written specifically for a movie featuring a story about him I think, here if anyone wants to listen to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO5eZwlSp24&list=PLVK0Rcm3P6mD1BcIQE7oFCvO JhIvZ1bN_&index=3
I didn't like the song you shared but if you liked then you may like this too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMBKmQEPNzI
Old 20-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Pathfinder

I do get occasional visits from Taoist Immortals like Lu Dongbin and Zhongli Quan, those 2 visited me before.
Old 22-10-2014, 02:53 PM
hengellisyydenoppilas

Ohh wow so many answers so far! I actually forgot whole post :P anyway I have been so blessed after I met shiva (blessings are RAINING into my life :P ). For example my phone went broken several weeks ago and I got new phone with 50% discount! I have recently felt presence of shiva and I feel that he is actually watching me, protecting me.

I have also started to chant om namah shivaya mantra with my rudraksha! maybe when I will meet shiva next time I can actually talk to him ;) who knows! that would be neat though Oo

My friend asked several days ago what has happend to me. I used to be very negative and full of hatred, when we speak about other religions than christianity. I told him, how mantras has helped me in my life and he was like "thats cool man". He used to be that kind of friend who laughs at religious things, seems like god is really doing something trought me! and that is wonderful! :P

Hopefully shiva is blessing me with wife aswell. My friends are hard partying, they drink, have sex with randoms etc. I have gave up on these things and maybe that is reason why shiva came to me - to tell me that im not alone in my spiritual path. Too bad Finland is mostly christian/atheist country, I find myself very hard to make friends who are interested in same things that I am....

----------------------------------------

What comes into this post:

"Originally Posted by kralaro
I've read on internet that there are mantras which when chanted a particular number of times give specific occult powers. I'm currently looking for someone who has already achieved mastery of an occult power (through which Randi's challenge can be broken) and can guide me in attaining the same siddhi. But I'm thinking that even if Randi's challenge is broken then it might happen that people instead of turning their attention to God would want the same occult power. if someone doesn't acknowledge God in everyday miracles why would he acknowledge God if someone proves existence of occult powers. But even if I decide that Randi's challenge shouldn't be broken then also I can use the sidhi for getting guidance from God, like I read about a mantra through which one can get answers in dreams from one's ishta devta."
----
If you are looking some sort of special powers, trought meditation/mantras you are caught up in maya. You shouldnt look for some special powers, you should look for GOD, PEACE and LOVE! God will bless you, if he sees that you are worthy of carrying that power with you. My friend, if you are interested in mantras just because you want to have some sort of powers - you most probably will not get those.... Get this idea out of your head, its leading you in wrong direction ;)
Old 22-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengellisyydenoppilas
Ohh wow so many answers so far! I actually forgot whole post :P anyway I have been so blessed after I met shiva (blessings are RAINING into my life :P ). For example my phone went broken several weeks ago and I got new phone with 50% discount! I have recently felt presence of shiva and I feel that he is actually watching me, protecting me.

I have also started to chant om namah shivaya mantra with my rudraksha! maybe when I will meet shiva next time I can actually talk to him ;) who knows! that would be neat though Oo

My friend asked several days ago what has happend to me. I used to be very negative and full of hatred, when we speak about other religions than christianity. I told him, how mantras has helped me in my life and he was like "thats cool man". He used to be that kind of friend who laughs at religious things, seems like god is really doing something trought me! and that is wonderful! :P

Hopefully shiva is blessing me with wife aswell. My friends are hard partying, they drink, have sex with randoms etc. I have gave up on these things and maybe that is reason why shiva came to me - to tell me that im not alone in my spiritual path. Too bad Finland is mostly christian/atheist country, I find myself very hard to make friends who are interested in same things that I am....

Hello!

I am curious about what mantra you chanted to connect to Shiva. Can you share the mantra with me? Although I don't chant mantra or sutra religiously, I understand their purpose and effect, and I am quite curious about the mantra you used. ^_^

As for meeting Shiva, I did, but not on the physical dimension, but in my dream plane. There are quite a few celestial beings of which I had met in my physical dimension/space, but sometimes they appear to me in my mind's eye.

When I first met Shiva, I didn't know who he was. I just thought, "Wow, this person looks pretty!" Then later, I googled, and realized "Oh, that person was Shiva." Personally, I like Kali more. To me, she's cute and lovely. She said, "I am not lovely. I am scary!" But we joke like that a lot. ^_^

W.
Old 22-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskShine
I do get occasional visits from Taoist Immortals like Lu Dongbin and Zhongli Quan, those 2 visited me before.

Hi,

Although this is a Hindu thread, I am quite curious about your encounter with Taoist immortals. Would you mind sharing your story/experience? I have only got visitations from the Three Pure Ones, and Kuan Kong, because these are the only ones I know. :P

W.
Old 22-10-2014, 05:13 PM
hengellisyydenoppilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hello!

I am curious about what mantra you chanted to connect to Shiva. Can you share the mantra with me? Although I don't chant mantra or sutra religiously, I understand their purpose and effect, and I am quite curious about the mantra you used. ^_^

As for meeting Shiva, I did, but not on the physical dimension, but in my dream plane. There are quite a few celestial beings of which I had met in my physical dimension/space, but sometimes they appear to me in my mind's eye.

When I first met Shiva, I didn't know who he was. I just thought, "Wow, this person looks pretty!" Then later, I googled, and realized "Oh, that person was Shiva." Personally, I like Kali more. To me, she's cute and lovely. She said, "I am not lovely. I am scary!" But we joke like that a lot. ^_^

W.

The funny thing is, I didnt use any mantra when I saw shiva. I was only LISTENING mantras and I listened mostly ganesh mantras before this happend.
Old 22-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengellisyydenoppilas
The funny thing is, I didnt use any mantra when I saw shiva. I was only LISTENING mantras and I listened mostly ganesh mantras before this happend.

My understanding of mantra is that they don't need to be chanted to be effective. They just hold specific energetic/vibrational frequency. You are just trying to tune into a certain frequency. Different frequencies have different effects and purposes.