Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Master
I agree... mostly people aren't choosing what they feel.

That doesn't mean we can't, though, once we become aware enough.

My son hurt his knee and can't go snowboarding for some time, and he felt very sad. Then he decided he didn't want to keep on hanging out in the bummed out feeling of loss, and choose to get into the exciting feeling of healing his knee instead.

Xan

Old 14-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's just the same as what I was saying, people go through their experiences which invalidates some belief or other so thay can't believe it any longer.
Are you saying if you can't choose, no one else can either?
Old 14-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

My son hurt his knee and can't go snowboarding for some time, and he felt very sad. Then he decided he didn't want to keep on hanging out in the bummed out feeling of loss, and choose to get into the exciting feeling of healing his knee instead.

Xan

Really, coz breaking a knee is a bummer, so it feels **** for a while, but then since it's the way it is you just make the most of the situation as it is.

in your theory he would have to choose to bust his knee in the first place wouldn't he?
Old 14-02-2012, 08:23 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan

Each person grieves differently.......so I suspect it comes back to the experience itself that one is going through, the depth of connected pain body associated with it.....as an example "loss". If people havent made peace with past pain, then current feelings will take longer to process and will often linger and fuel current experiences.... If one is open and feeling, has released the past pain associated with all the connections of pain..their is a greater chance of reaching a clearer channel of feeling, letting go...in the moment.

I dont see that space as a choice until the awarness and feelings have been fully addressed at the core......We may heal a current issue, feel we have faced it fully, but then find ourselves going down the same path, repeating the same pattern......whats holding that in place I wonder?
Old 14-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Each person grieves differently.......so I suspect it comes back to the experience itself that one is going through, the depth of connected pain body associated with it.....as an example "loss". If people havent made peace with past pain, then current feelings will take longer to process and will often linger and fuel current experiences.... If one is open and feeling, has released the past pain associated with all the connections of pain..their is a greater chance of reaching a clearer channel of feeling, letting go...in the moment.

I dont see that space as a choice until the awarness and feelings have been fully addressed at the core......We may heal a current issue, feel we have faced it fully, but then find ourselves going down the same path, repeating the same pattern......whats holding that in place I wonder?

oh don't worry, xan knows the answer to that. then again, maybe you do too.
Old 14-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
in your theory he would have to choose to bust his knee in the first place wouldn't he?

You must be thinking of someone else, Gem, 'cause I never held that sort of theory.

I said emotional mastery means you accept whatever you feel, then make a new choice if you wish.

All feelings are in you, so which do you prefer to feel now?

Xan

Old 14-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Humm and I did what?
Went on a camping holiday.
Ate burritos till we saw god.
Joined a bridge club.
Sent each other valentine's day cards.
Jumped to conclusions.

Nah, we had a rational discussion about the Beatles line from their song.
Old 14-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Master
...we had a rational discussion about the Beatles line from their song.

But isn't that sort of cold?

Xan

Old 14-02-2012, 08:36 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
You must be thinking of someone else, Gem, 'cause I never held that sort of theory.

I said emotional mastery means you accept whatever you feel, then make a new choice if you wish.

All feelings are in you, so which do you prefer to feel now?

Xan

I dont like the way this choice things sits with me...but then I am only using myself as an example here. To me feelings are like the ocean, a living moving ebb and flow. If one is grieving, just allowing the release to flow in their own time and processing. Allowing the upswell of joy to grow deeper into that space with that flow..In time the core (joy) is naturally present and we find centre naturally...I dont really make it a conscious choice, but then maybe some need too to avoid feeling it all fully...like a natural inbuilt protective layer...
Old 14-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I don't think you can really have a rational discussion about the poetic meaning in a song.
each to their own Xan...or from this angle, then why introduce it into a rational discussion....or from another angle...Humm and I did.
Why? For sharing a different view... for the sake of flexibility... for sharing from a variety of our aspects in one interaction... for fun.
So you can do all those things but not have a rational discussion about it.
each to their own Xan.