Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 20-05-2020, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Non dual awareness-
Which is why many in ‘perceived’ separation often journey deep into themselves to understand how they feel in the knowing and not knowing.
Well, yes. At first there is some ‘distance’ like meditation and post-meditation, but because they complement each other - a workable, functional ‘relationship’ is created – and ‘a red thread’ out of the insights gained starts to form & weave the ‘path’.

Non-thought and thought complement each other. It is not non-thought vs thought. Hence I guess there is integration rather than fragmentation of mind.

Quote:
The transformational process opening up through both ‘sides’ of the self aware and realized a ‘direct knowing’ which is you ‘through’ both but not contained by either. The natural arising of what flows through you then, is the non dual awareness, the direct experience ‘aware’

Old 20-05-2020, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Non dual awareness-
Which is why many in ‘perceived’ separation often journey deep into themselves to understand how they feel in the knowing and not knowing. The transformational process opening up through both ‘sides’ of the self aware and realized a ‘direct knowing’ which is you ‘through’ both but not contained by either. The natural arising of what flows through you then, is the non dual awareness, the direct experience ‘aware’
Before going into a deep meditation, "is the non dual awareness".

A deep meditation is a state of 'just is' which is not an awareness as one uses the word awareness. It is a state of magick very few people have traversed. It is not a state of remembrance but an 'empty' state at the moment but later gets filled in with memories that appear to be created later so it appears you 'were there'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-05-2020, 11:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Well, yes. At first there is some ‘distance’ like meditation and post-meditation, but because they complement each other - a workable, functional ‘relationship’ is created – and ‘a red thread’ out of the insights gained starts to form & weave the ‘path’.

Non-thought and thought complement each other. It is not non-thought vs thought. Hence I guess there is integration rather than fragmentation of mind.

I often use the term integration, so yes it works that way through the process as I’ve come to articulate as being.

Insights gained, starts to form and weave makes sense.

In my experience conditioned thoughts or thoughts that are ‘containment’ of the self, are experienced to allow for the release of mind/body containment, once you ‘feel’ free in this way through your mind, your not ‘concerned’ about your thoughts. There is nothing behind them judging them, or fearing them. Thry no longer have control over you. The ‘awareness’ beyond containment of thoughts leads itself, clear and aware.

I suppose that balance you could say leads to equanimity.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

A deep meditation is a state of 'just is' which is not an awareness as one uses the word awareness. It is a state of magick very few people have traversed. It is not a state of remembrance but an 'empty' state at the moment but later gets filled in with memories that appear to be created later so it appears you 'were there'.

Before going into deep meditation, is non dual awareness- wouldn’t that depend upon how you perceive yourself in the whole dynamic at play?

I was speaking from a separated perspective ‘as’ a perceived/conditioned dual existence, leading to the bridging state of becoming aware of your ‘wholeness’ as dual and non dual integration.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

"Before going into a deep meditation, "is the non dual awareness". "

Old 20-05-2020, 10:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
One doesn’t stop thoughts for the sake of stopping thoughts.

Seems like a certain awareness in which I am aware me and my thoughts are different. I am here and they are there. There is a space between me and them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0eovwwrKM
Old 21-05-2020, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Seems like a certain awareness in which I am aware me and my thoughts are different. I am here and they are there. There is a space between me and them.

In a deep meditation, there are no thoughts. There is also no awareness: just is.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-05-2020, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:

Not sure how to approach this ...

Mooji's: The ‘witness’ witnessing the body-mind functioning …….

Hearing is just a function. Hearing hears, it doesn’t have the 5th skandha consciousness (= awareness of self which is separate from the world). So hearing is ‘egoless’. As are all the other senses. They are all essentially natural and pure.

And if awareness witnesses further - none of the body-mind functions have a separate from the world id. They are all functions, none of them is “aware me”.

They say mind is like a mirror in its function.
But, if the 5th skandha consciousness, the separate from the world ‘me’ id gets hold of these ‘spiritual’ definitions, it tries to become the mirror, live up to the concept of being a mirror in a contrived, artificial effort which is fake, mimicry really.

Got no problem with the utter simplicity of resting in pure “I Amness”, though I’d probably prefer the “time-space-mind” formula for mind to find rest/balance/stillness/silence in.
It is naturally, effortlessly open, reflective in its pure function.

Body is not talked about much.
But to me it is a tuning fork, a sounding-board for experience in its effortless, pure function.
As feelings and sensations are also part of the holistic picture.

If we let all the functions do their own thing, insights arise – first non-verbal … but which later condense into words - we live in the physical world after all where energy condenses into matter.

Besides - the proof of the value of our insights (condensed into words) is to test them by “Sanity of Earth”. By putting them into practice.

Old 21-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
It is not non-thought vs thought.

I think the "battle" according to Buddhism would be stated as:

Ignorance vs Enlightenment

Though thought and our identification/acceptance of it, is a perpetrator/factor of ignorance. But the problem is not thought, it is our lack of understanding or insight into ourselves.

It's like some horrible movie on the tv full of fighting and conflict, the problem is not what is on the tv, the problem is we are absorbed in it.
Old 22-05-2020, 12:47 AM
Master
Quote:
I think the "battle" according to Buddhism would be stated as:
Ignorance vs Enlightenment
Not too sure about that either, because Ignorance and Enlightenment have a ‘working relationship’.

If we ‘witness’ our ignorance-in-action – that in itself is an enlightened insight.
It might not have been the prettiest ‘sight’, but it inspires one to uncover further ignorances one displays.

Where is this polarity - vs - thinking mode coming from? Conditioning?
Why is it the wisdom?