Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Suspended
Knower

Well; Maybe I'll catch you next time, if you still have that channel.
Old 28-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I do have another q - I'm coming through a period of god knows how many years of introversion, anxiety, and hiding my little light. It's led to loneliness as I just need to hide from the world quite significantly and I worry so much about being authentic. So a q on this - how do I best manage myself into the real world authentically to establish meaningful and fun relationships?

Thank you!!
Reading for Belle

Tweaked your question slightly, hope that's okay :) I'm going to give it a go with Enchanted Map, but (online) WOTO insists it is the deck for the job, so I'll do a second reading with that one. If you want specifics after that I'm also happy to jump to tarot (this thread has been amazing for helping me recognise what deck might be more suited to the job, cheers again all for the practice questions).

Q: What does Belle need to do in order to establish meaningful and positive relationships?
* Enchanted Map

Situation + need to know: Golden Palace + Solitude rev. Haha! Well, this one's simple. In order to reach the shiny palace, you must first leave the little shanty on the far side of town. Except you love your little shanty and are afraid to step outside. Making big changes in your life begins with a single step - and this is such a tangerial thing that could be off, but may also require you to start getting comfy being in bigger physical buildings (or larger groups of people, if you're a small-groups type person).

Advice: Magic prayer rev. I don't really understand this card, other than it feels like someone trying to run away/a bit of denial. You probably know what to do but don't want to do it.

Hmm, let's see what the other decks have to say! (if I actually had them in hardcopy I'd have done a dual-deck read, but alas - I only have the internetz...) Wait. Ehhhhhh whateva. I'm just going to open them all up in three different tabs and mush them together in my head.

PRESENTING. DIVINATION. ETON-MESS STYLE

--------------

Situation: Golden Palace (Enchanted Map, aka EM) + A Change in the Wind rev (WOTO) + The Sun (RWS)
With two really positive cards in the mix, I can't really see this going downhill, except for the fact that this is a major change for you. It's also implied that the change is literally UPON you, so now it's just a matter of adjusting to the new opportunities around you.

Need to know: Solitude rev (EM) + Blessed rev (WOTO) + The Magician (RWS)
Some tough love here. You've been cuddling some injustice to your chest like a little puppy - time to put it down so your arms are free to grasp other things. Magician is a strong sign that this is entirely within your ability and you have the capacity to come out on top.

Advice: Magic prayer rev (EM) + Milk and Honey rev (WOTO) + 8 of Cups (RWS)
Ahhhhh this actually makes more sense now. Magic Prayer is still a "travelling" card, Milk and honey is about wrapping things up and moving on, and 8 of Cups is most definitely a moving on card.

I'm wondering if there's something you frequently turn to when things are challenging - and it may be something simple like an attitude or a philosophy. I feel like the present time is asking you to be more cognitively in control - more common sense than woo-woo, feeling the fear but doing it anyway, doing things because you know they're right and not because they feel good sort of stuff.

As a closer...

I pulled a single tarot card asking "What is it that Belle needs to walk away from in order to establish meaningful and positive relationships?" and got Hanged Man - which really just says you've been playing wallflower far too long, and it's time to start being a bit bolder. Carpe diem!
Old 29-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
Hey tealily,

Ive been feeling for some time that my path is getting closer to God, that I will serve him in some way through my work, I know this is probably the same for everyone, but it feels like I will be speaking in a way people will understand to bring them to the light. I am a strong believer and feel I could use this to help others to believe and feel the love too. However, being very sensitive I often feel overwhelmed and sometimes scared to speak out. I wondered what you may pick up in relation to this, if you want to tweak the question in some way, but I wish to see what I can do this year to hone my skills/abilities in order to serve God in service of others and if this is the right path for me :) Ive also been very interested in working in mental health as I don't see it as an illness, rather a spiritual imbalance of some kind that can be resolved. Would really appreciate it :) Thanks.
Hi Ladyrose,

I can feel your religious commitment all the way over here! - although my 2 cents on mental health is that it's possible there's a spiritual component, but there is also most definitely a physiological component as well, and would urge you to keep this in mind (the health/medical sciences are my home turf :) ).

Q: Is it Ladyrose92's destiny to work in a religious capacity?
* Enchanted Map

Situation: Details details rev
Need to know: Wishing well rev
Advice: Encouragement rev

Well :/ Blunt but clear, thanks cards.

The short answer is a no - if your objective is to "fix" others through your religion the cards are urging you not to do this as you may be more interested in the process rather than the individualised benefit to the person (as they will not always want what you are offering), or wanting it to 'be' something that it isn't. I know this will be frustrating to you - sorry! This of course, has no bearing on the value of your religion in your own life, so as I say with all spiritual/religious matters - so long as it's not hurting anyone else, do whatever makes you happy :)
Old 29-03-2016, 12:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I thought of something tealily! Please take your time.

Honestly, I've been sick every summer since 2012.

I am thinking I am over this hump but I'd like to know if I will regain my strength and have a "normal" summer or if there is more to come (so I can brace myself).
Hi linen!

More than happy to do this reading for you - I wish I had my Fountain Tarot handy but I don't, so please accept this RWS online reading instead:

Reading for linen

Q: "Should linen brace herself for being unwell again this coming summer?"
* RWS

Situation: The Emperor. This immediately tells me that if you are rigorous with your health and health-maintenance problems, this is a battle you can win. It feels REALLY rigorous though - like vaccines, barriers, triple-barriers, contingency plans, the works. It's like you both prepare to win and prepare for your first 10 strategies to fail at the same time

Need to know: Page of Cups is the 'student' card. There are two random potential meanings I'm going to spit out here - firstly that there may be an emotional component to the illnesses (stress does weaken the immune system, after all) or that there may literally be a water component to the illnesses you need to consider. I know you have lots of pet ducks at home so I'm thinking about whether there may be any kind of microspores you may be allergic to, something in the water, what your hand hygiene is like etc.

Advice: The Tower. This is the card of epic, sudden insights/changes - so whatever the strategy is, prepare to be blown out of the water slightly (may not be on quite the same level as your corn intolerance, but it might be similar).

------------------
I still don't feel like I've got enough of an answer here, so I'm going to fish around a little...

Q: Why does linen keep getting sick every summer?
* RWS

Situation: Ace of Cups
Need to know: 4 of Wands
Advice: The Devil

Good news and bad news - the good news is that it looks as if the summer illnesses are on the out! Both Ace of Cups and 4 of Wands are signs of "gonna get better" and "help is available!" (although the latter card also indicates celebrations).

The advice card is stumping me slightly - again it could mean it's something in your external home environment triggering the illness (my eye was drawn to the chains, ie literally "chained up inside") or that you need to really put your nose to the grindstone re: seeking an appropriate diagnosis/clinical help. May be worth talking to your doctor about further?

---------------
EDIT: Whoops, this was meant to be an oracle practice thread...

Q: what does linen need to do to avoid another summer illness?

Situation: Magical Map Shifter rev
Need to know: Golden Palace
Advice: Peaks of Joy

Hrm again this is really suggesting to me that it's something environmental. What increases or comes along during summer, around the time you start getting sick? The first card gives me the impression that your immune system gets overloaded (from multiple things) and is all "TOO MUCH! I'M OUT!" and then dies. It could handle one or several of the physiological stressors, but it gets one too many - or there's a particular combination it really can't handle.

'Peaks of Joy' depicts a woman in the clouds and it looks to me like she's taking a mighty big breath of clean air. Do you have air-con (when was the last time you got the machines deep-cleaned)? Is there any chance of mould in the walls? Could allergens be coming in through the windows from outdoor pollens/flowers etc that you may be allergic to?

Golden Palace probably has a gigantic moon behind the palace... but it also looks like a big bubble to me. This is screaming 'pathogen avoidance' to my clinical ears - now just gotta figure out what it is! The palace/bubble is "raised" so I'm wondering if there's something on the ground or in your floor that needs addressing - would also extend this to any air-con devices or even kitchen devices on the floor.
Old 29-03-2016, 01:40 AM
Master
Hey Tealily,

Thank you for reading, haha thats good I'm glad you can feel it. Ok, thank you, I really feel the urge to research further into this, and will tale this into account also :) I keep being drawn towards Autism, there have been some synchronistic moments and hearing this in my head too when first waling up. So I will mull this over and see if it leads me anywhere. Im glad it's a clear no, at least I can focus elsewhere, I really want to empower people to empower themselves, but I can see how a religious environment could make this a bit sticky. Thank you I will continue to experience it in my own life.

This may be cheeky of me, please say if it is, but I have noticed your reading gift for some time and really wanted to think of something worthwhile asking you. Seeing as this was just a clear no, is there any possibility that you could read about which area I should aim for professionally please? Like counselling, a life coach (routes ive been looking into) or is there something completely different you may pick up? If not, then not to worry :)

Warm wishes,

Stacey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Hi Ladyrose,

I can feel your religious commitment all the way over here! - although my 2 cents on mental health is that it's possible there's a spiritual component, but there is also most definitely a physiological component as well, and would urge you to keep this in mind (the health/medical sciences are my home turf :) ).

Q: Is it Ladyrose92's destiny to work in a religious capacity?
* Enchanted Map

Situation: Details details rev
Need to know: Wishing well rev
Advice: Encouragement rev

Well :/ Blunt but clear, thanks cards.

The short answer is a no - if your objective is to "fix" others through your religion the cards are urging you not to do this as you may be more interested in the process rather than the individualised benefit to the person (as they will not always want what you are offering), or wanting it to 'be' something that it isn't. I know this will be frustrating to you - sorry! This of course, has no bearing on the value of your religion in your own life, so as I say with all spiritual/religious matters - so long as it's not hurting anyone else, do whatever makes you happy :)
Old 29-03-2016, 02:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
Hey Tealily,

Thank you for reading, haha thats good I'm glad you can feel it. Ok, thank you, I really feel the urge to research further into this, and will tale this into account also :) I keep being drawn towards Autism, there have been some synchronistic moments and hearing this in my head too when first waling up. So I will mull this over and see if it leads me anywhere. Im glad it's a clear no, at least I can focus elsewhere, I really want to empower people to empower themselves, but I can see how a religious environment could make this a bit sticky. Thank you I will continue to experience it in my own life.

This may be cheeky of me, please say if it is, but I have noticed your reading gift for some time and really wanted to think of something worthwhile asking you. Seeing as this was just a clear no, is there any possibility that you could read about which area I should aim for professionally please? Like counselling, a life coach (routes ive been looking into) or is there something completely different you may pick up? If not, then not to worry :)

Warm wishes,

Stacey.
Hmm it's possible that your religious devotion might still fuel a career in the health or medical sciences (a lot of religions teach compassion and understanding, which are pretty important skills in this industry!!!), it's just that instead of trying to convert people to your faith or healing through faith (on the extreme spectrum, all that 'healing through prayer' stuff), it's more something for YOU that acts as an emotional foundation for everything you do. Eg the guy I call my sensei is Catholic (FYI, I'm not) and works pro bono for a few of his clients because they can't afford to pay, under the basis of "because it's the Christian thing to do". Other people fall back on their faiths (eg my other doctor friend, who is a Muslim) to ground themselves, which in turn improves the clarity of their clinical practice. Just some examples for you to mull over :)

Not cheeky at all to ask another question, and an excellent one I asked another reader years back. Having been there myself, the power will be in the details. I suggest you think about:

1) 3-5+ specific careers you feel drawn towards (you've already got two - counselling, life coach - although I'd also go up the accreditation ladder a bit if you want, eg social worker, psychologist etc), and then a few other random ones, potentially from other industries. For example, as I type this, I'm getting the odd feeling you might actually do very well in retail or business administration... (I'm getting the impression of a passionate young woman - skin may be dark, hair long, and quite Venusian - eg on the curvy side and possibly loves her food, quite emotive and has a big smile. I feel like she's at a desk - and I'm seeing colourful stationary/stationary holders, I'm seeing turquoise blue and red/white in particular.. The desk is one of those deep blonde wood things, and it looks like it's a bit of an open-plan office, and there are other workers around - mostly female. There's a really nice office vibe, very vibrant, friendly, people get along. Great workplace culture, fun place to be. I feel like the woman I'm seeing in my mind does very well in life not necessarily because of her religion or because she works with 'acute' clinical cases - in fact I don't think this is clinical at all - but because it gives her strong interpersonal skills, which means she gets along well with people in an office and brings a lot of non-denominational "soul", if you get what I mean) anyway, to sort of continue my side-tracking, sometimes people's characteristics operate in a way to support HOW they work, not always WHAT they do. Eg because I'm a people-person with an interest in communications/interpersonal relationships, I could have gone into HR or marketing - I didn't need to go into the health and medical sciences.
Old 29-03-2016, 06:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Reading for Belle

Tweaked your question slightly, hope that's okay :) I'm going to give it a go with Enchanted Map, but (online) WOTO insists it is the deck for the job, so I'll do a second reading with that one. If you want specifics after that I'm also happy to jump to tarot (this thread has been amazing for helping me recognise what deck might be more suited to the job, cheers again all for the practice questions).

Q: What does Belle need to do in order to establish meaningful and positive relationships?
* Enchanted Map

Situation + need to know: Golden Palace + Solitude rev. Haha! Well, this one's simple. In order to reach the shiny palace, you must first leave the little shanty on the far side of town. Except you love your little shanty and are afraid to step outside. Making big changes in your life begins with a single step - and this is such a tangerial thing that could be off, but may also require you to start getting comfy being in bigger physical buildings (or larger groups of people, if you're a small-groups type person).

Advice: Magic prayer rev. I don't really understand this card, other than it feels like someone trying to run away/a bit of denial. You probably know what to do but don't want to do it.

Hmm, let's see what the other decks have to say! (if I actually had them in hardcopy I'd have done a dual-deck read, but alas - I only have the internetz...) Wait. Ehhhhhh whateva. I'm just going to open them all up in three different tabs and mush them together in my head.

PRESENTING. DIVINATION. ETON-MESS STYLE

--------------

Situation: Golden Palace (Enchanted Map, aka EM) + A Change in the Wind rev (WOTO) + The Sun (RWS)
With two really positive cards in the mix, I can't really see this going downhill, except for the fact that this is a major change for you. It's also implied that the change is literally UPON you, so now it's just a matter of adjusting to the new opportunities around you.

Need to know: Solitude rev (EM) + Blessed rev (WOTO) + The Magician (RWS)
Some tough love here. You've been cuddling some injustice to your chest like a little puppy - time to put it down so your arms are free to grasp other things. Magician is a strong sign that this is entirely within your ability and you have the capacity to come out on top.

Advice: Magic prayer rev (EM) + Milk and Honey rev (WOTO) + 8 of Cups (RWS)
Ahhhhh this actually makes more sense now. Magic Prayer is still a "travelling" card, Milk and honey is about wrapping things up and moving on, and 8 of Cups is most definitely a moving on card.

I'm wondering if there's something you frequently turn to when things are challenging - and it may be something simple like an attitude or a philosophy. I feel like the present time is asking you to be more cognitively in control - more common sense than woo-woo, feeling the fear but doing it anyway, doing things because you know they're right and not because they feel good sort of stuff.

As a closer...

I pulled a single tarot card asking "What is it that Belle needs to walk away from in order to establish meaningful and positive relationships?" and got Hanged Man - which really just says you've been playing wallflower far too long, and it's time to start being a bit bolder. Carpe diem!

That's awesome. I was sort of hoping that there was a magical solution but I knew deep down that it was something for me to do that was easy but it's not. I love "cuddling injustice like a puppy" - ha - so true. It's a tough one as it is deep in the cellular level but thrice I've been told to move on! No more excuses!

Thank you so much.

Another q - what can i learn from The Bad Back - lower back - slipped disc, it's not healing as I would like.
Old 29-03-2016, 07:25 AM
Suspended
Knower

I think the flaw in Huysmans' treatment of Satanism is his insistent use of the metaphor that the 'Adversary' is the opposite of "nice".
Old 29-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Master
Ok thats interesting you should say that, I work in an office at the moment for medical insurance for travel insurance policies, so I speak to many people each day, being compassionate, empathetic and understanding with them about their medical conditions, but also getting the job done efficiently at the same time. I feel my faith does help me with this job, for example I will have more patience with people if they get shirty and just try to explain whatever they need to hear as best as possible. So this makes sense, thank you for giving examples to understand, from what you say it feels that my faith will centre me, instead of trying to harness it to help/change/fix others?

Yes, I see, social worker is something I could do. I have a degree in Cultural Studies so I feel things like business administration, although I would most likely be good at it, I dont have any relevant qualifications so I guess social work/psychologist are relevant to this. However, I do keep hearing guidance in myself to ask my current workplace if they can begin to train me in Administration but as this position is already filled I wouldn't want to tread on her toes. So maybe It would be possible that way.

Your impression is correct, but my skin is pale hehe but I have long hair, curvy, LOVE food haha, very passionate and emotive. The desk is correct, we have open plan sandy desk booth things, I fill my desk with drawings and have an adult colouring book and pens/pencils. My paper organiser is blue :)

Its interesting what you say about interpersonal skills, because when I started this job I had NONE! I was an anxious shaking leaf in the wind haha I would have an anxiety attack everytime I had to speak on the phone, working in a call centre I had to get over this pretty quickly, and now I really enjoy speaking on the phone and using the social skills I have learnt to give a good sevice to people. So you are totally right, and I actually didnt realise the importance of this. Its a happy upbeat office but there is a lot of gossipy *****y energy among the women too, which I tend to keep out of, they can be very judgemental too, and like you say, non-denominational soul kind of eliminates this or at least shows things in a new light. Its very interesting actually your interest in communication/interpersonal, as my A-level was called "Communication and Culture" I absolutely loved it, I had never learnt anything like it before and it really felt like a God send, I had applied for English literature but the class was magically full so had to do this instead. This then led to my degree on the same topic. I keep hearing guidance that I should work in HR, and you emphasising that its HOW people work now WHAT, really highlights the idea of HR too. My work has no HR and Ive felt I should approach my manager to ask if I could lead, with her, of setting up HR.

I did wonder that being in a medical enviroment if this was the way life was taking me as Ive learnt so much about all the different types of medical conditions and feel that illness is dis-ease in the body, when looking at the root cause rather than treating symptoms, it can be resolved. I may be wrong in thinking this but also something to ponder on.

This has been a really interesting reading, Ive said that word so many times now haha, but I really want to say thank you tealily! This has really helped me to focus and see my career serch in a new light that makes it much more accessible for me. I hope the feeback/explanations help you too. And please do write back if you think or feel anything further about what Ive said.

Blessings to you

Quote:
Hmm it's possible that your religious devotion might still fuel a career in the health or medical sciences (a lot of religions teach compassion and understanding, which are pretty important skills in this industry!!!), it's just that instead of trying to convert people to your faith or healing through faith (on the extreme spectrum, all that 'healing through prayer' stuff), it's more something for YOU that acts as an emotional foundation for everything you do. Eg the guy I call my sensei is Catholic (FYI, I'm not) and works pro bono for a few of his clients because they can't afford to pay, under the basis of "because it's the Christian thing to do". Other people fall back on their faiths (eg my other doctor friend, who is a Muslim) to ground themselves, which in turn improves the clarity of their clinical practice. Just some examples for you to mull over :)

Not cheeky at all to ask another question, and an excellent one I asked another reader years back. Having been there myself, the power will be in the details. I suggest you think about:

1) 3-5+ specific careers you feel drawn towards (you've already got two - counselling, life coach - although I'd also go up the accreditation ladder a bit if you want, eg social worker, psychologist etc), and then a few other random ones, potentially from other industries. For example, as I type this, I'm getting the odd feeling you might actually do very well in retail or business administration... (I'm getting the impression of a passionate young woman - skin may be dark, hair long, and quite Venusian - eg on the curvy side and possibly loves her food, quite emotive and has a big smile. I feel like she's at a desk - and I'm seeing colourful stationary/stationary holders, I'm seeing turquoise blue and red/white in particular.. The desk is one of those deep blonde wood things, and it looks like it's a bit of an open-plan office, and there are other workers around - mostly female. There's a really nice office vibe, very vibrant, friendly, people get along. Great workplace culture, fun place to be. I feel like the woman I'm seeing in my mind does very well in life not necessarily because of her religion or because she works with 'acute' clinical cases - in fact I don't think this is clinical at all - but because it gives her strong interpersonal skills, which means she gets along well with people in an office and brings a lot of non-denominational "soul", if you get what I mean) anyway, to sort of continue my side-tracking, sometimes people's characteristics operate in a way to support HOW they work, not always WHAT they do. Eg because I'm a people-person with an interest in communications/interpersonal relationships, I could have gone into HR or marketing - I didn't need to go into the health and medical sciences.
Old 29-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Another q - what can i learn from The Bad Back - lower back - slipped disc, it's not healing as I would like.
Hi Belle,

I'm making some pretty big assumptions here - but I'm guessing you wondering about underlying spiritual lessons because you feel the back pain is a lost cause or some kind of deliberate spiritual hurdle.

I actually asked the cards if your lower back pain was something I'd be able to fix if you were a client of mine (DISCLAIMER: this isn't an ad as Belle and I are on opposite sides of the world, I just wanted to clarify if there were still options remaining, and if so, whether they were likely to be conservative or surgical).

* RWS
Answer: High Priestess
Need to know: 2 of Cups
Advice: Knight of Wands

This is a pretty solid yes, in my opinion. The amount of 2's in the spread are also suggestive to me that you need someone to help you fix your back, eg a healthcare professional you might see regularly for a while. Knight of Wands is full of vigour and energy - pursue this goal with zeal! Don't give up on it, there are answers ahead!

From here: I know we have a crazy timezone difference but happy to try and organise a private SF chat or we can chat a bit more over PM and see if I can point you in some new directions to try :) (eg there may be some things slightly out of whack if blunt trauma caused the slipped disc, OR it may be a case of underlying mechanism of chronic injury hasn't been dealt with, hence why you're still in pain... OR it could even be as simple as bouncing around post-surg rehab ideas etc)