Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-05-2015, 09:40 PM
PaulF

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
A child does not have a fear of dying until that moment when a child discovers it will one day no longer exist.

From the moment a child becomes aware of a pending end to its existence to an old age, An unconscious drive to live is the constant motivator born from the root of fear.

Thanks for that reply, great answer.
Old 24-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I believe relationships are formed from an underlying need to seek nurture, security and comfort from the awareness of non existence.

That we purposely create destinies for a reason, to take journeys, even though we know at the core root nothing at the end exists.

Speaking the forming of relationships reminds me of a quote from the film Contact "You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other."

Afternoon Sisyphus

Funny, my core root says differently.
Old 25-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hopes push you to go on living when life gets tough? Then what makes you choose not to give up? What makes you choose to continue hoping? What gives you that will to live?

Happiness wanchain, happiness.
Everybody want it. From baby to old people.
From thief to spiritual doer.
Any religion goals. All is about how to be happy.
Maybe they find it from outside, or some begin to find it within.
Love bring great happiness, so that's why love is worth.
Why people want relationship? Happiness there.

Every move you make also to ease the tension and get happiness.
What ever food you eat. Clothes you wear.
Some people left their comfort zone, also just only to get a better place. More happiness in future. That is hopes who move them.

When no happiness, no hopes in people life, they will be in suicidal depression.
Old 25-05-2015, 05:43 AM
Master
80s songs bean on hear i luv mak shpe of sky clods it fly by
footos

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 25-05-2015, 06:25 AM
Master
The love of myself ,my family, my God and this Beautiful Amazing Earth and its precious animals...........
Old 25-05-2015, 07:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
What gives us the strength to live?
What gives us the will to live?
What gives us the desire to live?

What is Source
Old 25-05-2015, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:

I believe relationships are formed from an underlying need to seek nurture, security and comfort from the awareness of non existence.

That we purposely create destinies for a reason, to take journeys, even though we know at the core root nothing at the end exists.

Speaking the forming of relationships reminds me of a quote from the film Contact "You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other."

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Afternoon Sisyphus

Funny, my core root says differently.

i concur with you muffin.
i do not believe that nothing is a suitable foundation for anything.
Old 25-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Knower
The ego personality does not know if that taking a journey to nothing is the way to live. All the ego knows is its desperate need to somehow create a journey that will ensure its survival forever. The ego was created out a of fear of not existing, the ego's core purpose is to create a constant distraction away from the thought of one day not existing.

The ego creates a belief it will survive forever and that death will never come to it, right up to the point where the body ceases to function the ego will still believe in its survival and will fight to the end with this belief.
Old 25-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
The ego personality does not know if that taking a journey to nothing is the way to live. All the ego knows is its desperate need to somehow create a journey that will ensure its survival forever. The ego was created out a of fear of not existing, the ego's core purpose is to create a constant distraction away from the thought of one day not existing.

The ego creates a belief it will survive forever and that death will never come to it, right up to the point where the body ceases to function the ego will still believe in its survival and will fight to the end with this belief.

i'm approaching the subject of your 'investigation' from a different angle.
in the here and now, life is undeniable. i AM alive.
to insist that my life must cease at some unknown point, due to causes unknown seems baseless.
why does life surrender its autonomy to something non-existent? only life has power.
whatever power that death may hold is given to it from life... and that power may be withdrawn as well.
Life is responsible. denial of lifes power is what lends strength to the idea of death having power over life.
undenial is the means to the redemption of all the uncomfortable things we've projected out from ourselves.
Old 25-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:
A child does not have a fear of dying until that moment when a child discovers it will one day no longer exist.

From the moment a child becomes aware of a pending end to its existence to an old age, An unconscious drive to live is the constant motivator born from the root of fear.

So if we were to suppose that fear of dying drives us to keep on living, then a child would not have that drive until he/she starts to have that fear?

So before that fear, what gives the child the will, strength, and desire to live?