Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 12-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Octy

Sending hugs to you astrasuzy. I have an elderly father and he is as stubborn as a mule. I know if I put him in a nursing home, it will kill him. So, if he wants to die in his house, all that he has known, that is his choice. I have offered to have him live with me. He says he doesn't want to move from his home, which is not close to me. So be it. He is in God's hands, always has been since birth. Even after death too.

There is an elderly man at work who just wants to go home. He cannot. It feels extremely cruel. He has no life where he is, other than keeping him alive (food, water, shelter, support with medication). You might as well say he is already dead. All he wants is to go home and be with his beloved cat. His spirit is already broken :(

Cruel to be kind aye? I know I'd much rather have my father 'just' survive and be happy in his last days then spiritually dead in an institution.

It is difficult for carers no matter what, and no matter what decision is made, one still has doubt.