Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
Except that there are numerous accounts of ego death. Many with actual phsyical symtoms. Some have even been caused thru powerful drugs such as salvia devernorum or Ayahuasca.

This isn't ego-death. This is ego-expansion. It's *transmutation* of the ego from one state to another. Which is caused through broadening and deepening awareness further and further until you mirror yourself and realise what you are (like I said on the other thread). And that there is no ego.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thDimension
We chose to be born into a physical, 3D world to experience exactly that - so why
do so many people think the purpose of life is to escape the 'lower' and return to the higher realms of spirit?
What would be the point of that?
Too many people have 'paid for the holiday' but all they do is complain about the resort and want to go home...

Stop trying to change things and just enjoy the ride - that's what we are here for, to expand our higher
self though experience (not to escape). Embrace your ego because that is the tool we are given to relate to the physical world.
One lifetime is a blink of the eye to our eternal spirit and so
nothing is that important in your 'personal' life.
Great post!

I was going to say ---get rid of the stuff you don't like about the ego...
pride, jealousy, anger, low self esteem, worry, fear,...unless those feel good to you! Ha!

And drugs only temporarily help you lose the ego...then they are over and
here you are again...changed ...but, still having to sweep and do the dishes...
I am well familiar with all the hallucinegens ....never ever know how to spell that word!
We have a shaman in my city that does the ayauashca sp? ritual for 18 hours or so....what was it, $150?
Hmm...Noon till 1 am or there abouts....
18 hrs just sticks in my head.
A lot of throwing up, as you know.

As a guru once said, classic...Drugs are like going up on a ladder and looking over the fence...it is great...but you have to come down...
there is a door through that fence.
Haha!

I honor your inner thirst!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Quote:
So you guys dont know of a way to experience ego-death then?
Haha, right to the point!!
I like that.

Yes, drugs done with the purest of intent and focus, because
the Creator inside you knows your heart and will lead you
...BUT, as I said...then, there you are again...it doesn't last.
Tho, you are wonderfully changed forever!

I can tell you one of my methods...it is very slow and steady.
But first, you must know your enemy.

In short,
SO...I recognize what the ego is doing, the lower ego self
that is, as Dr. Wayne Dyer calls it...

When I feel it like a snake rearing it's ugly head making me feel pride, indignation (some of the easiest feelings
in it's tool box it uses on man)...
I do the EXACT opposite of what it compels me to do...I stomp it down
(sometimes with all my might) by being humble
in front of the person that I feel the anger or resentment with...anything that is not love
and loving is not reflecting or connected to the very Thing that you so much want.

Left out another of it's tricks...laziness and procrastination...when I feel it say...Oh,
do that later...AHA!
I jump up and do that very job ' it' didn't want me to do!
Know thy enemy!

I relate to what you are saying very much.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Experiencer

I don't know how you guys have come to understand the ego. I'm assuming it's something influenced by Freud and other psychoanalysts who attempted to understand the mind externally and by way of thought. You can only understand the mind, and the ego, through deep introspection.

Ego does not equate to your individuality. The neocortex of the human brain has developed over time - that is what gives us our self awareness and individuality. Destroying the ego has nothing to do with that.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:39 PM
luntrusreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmt12
I don't know how you guys have come to understand the ego. I'm assuming it's something influenced by Freud and other psychoanalysts who attempted to understand the mind externally and by way of thought. You can only understand the mind, and the ego, through deep introspection.

Ego does not equate to your individuality. The neocortex of the human brain has developed over time - that is what gives us our self awareness and individuality. Destroying the ego has nothing to do with that.

But we are in a spirituality forum, not a psychology or science forum.
So what we really want is direct experience.

What is Ego in direct experience other than thoughts and the sense of separation? You could also use "self" instead of "ego".
It is not like there is somebody who has an ego or the otherway around.
The foundation of the illusion is already that ego is something that I can get rid of. This "I" is this ego that you want to get rid of. Ego thinks by suicide it can enjoy egolessness.

So to see through the illusion does not only "get rid of" but makes obvious that there has never been such an entity as self/ego.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Master

Quote:
How? How do you experince permanet ego-death?

I think ego is a good check and balance that is nature and natural in all of us. And I realized something in reflection of my own life. Early in my life I wasn't concern about it or cared at all. So not everyone wants to get rid of it (just yet). It is mainly the spiritual person who dose because it represents something. I know everyone is in a hurry to but at the same time the more spiritual one becomes you probably experience a natural ego-death. Wishes sometimes it could be forced but thata mean give up the war going on inside.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luntrusreality
But we are in a spirituality forum, not a psychology or science forum.
So what we really want is direct experience.

What is Ego in direct experience other than thoughts and the sense of separation? You could also use "self" instead of "ego".
It is not like there is somebody who has an ego or the otherway around.
The foundation of the illusion is already that ego is something that I can get rid of. This "I" is this ego that you want to get rid of. Ego thinks by suicide it can enjoy egolessness.

So to see through the illusion does not only "get rid of" but makes obvious that there has never been such an entity as self/ego.
You have been thrust into a game but now that you realize it's a game, you are refusing to play and just want to skip to the end and say you're done. But there is a point to this game that Tolle, Buddhist philosophy, and whatever else has influenced the idea of enlightenment that you've adopted is unaware of.

By going through the game and overcoming it, you will gain a payoff that you cannot get by trying to skip ahead and deny there is a game to play. You are unaware of what you are unaware of. If you detach yourself from this idea that is captivating you and go back to nothingness, your intuition will get you back to the game.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:07 PM
AsAHatter

It seems rather selfless to say.

The what ?

But then that implies that there is a self, an ego that is asking, that is confused, that is unaware, that is disconnected from.. that is not whole.

Unless it was not so, and it is only so when I implied that it may be so.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
leggo my ego

Reminds me of Lee & Sherry videos - Leggo my ego and Leggo my eggo 2
Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 PM
luntrusreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmt12
You have been thrust into a game but now that you realize it's a game, you are refusing to play and just want to skip to the end and say you're done. But there is a point to this game that Tolle, Buddhist philosophy, and whatever else has influenced the idea of enlightenment that you've adopted is unaware of.

By going through the game and overcoming it, you will gain a payoff that you cannot get by trying to skip ahead and deny there is a game to play. You are unaware of what you are unaware of. If you detach yourself from this idea that is captivating you and go back to nothingness, your intuition will get you back to the game.

The game is still played , otherwise why would I read Nisargadatta over and over again, just for the joy of it? Why would I talk about this on a Forum.
I am incredibly interested in this topic, more than ever.
There is just no more pressure, because truth is truth.

This is the beautiful thing, "death of ego" does not mean "death of mind"