Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 07-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
You worry too much, everybody worries its just problem solving. I can also be over analytically about everything, it has its strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks for reminding me! Not the first time I heard it, people that know me tell me the same. I do prefer to look at it as being analytical. I do enjoy very much coconut water and I do have organic cacao powder that I bought and its sitting in my cabinet. I just want to be a little bit more healthy. Thanks for the link I knew cacao was good but that's some great information, good to know.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
Is call meat Scarlett! lol

Quote:
There has to be something in the meat that the body craves and its replacing it with sugar. If I make any sense. Thanks for your comment. I thought my diet was going out of whack and I know its the lack of meat but I really don't want to go back to eating meat again.

I don't really understand though how cutting something out your diet that has no sugar in it creates such sugar cravings.. it's so weird. Lol.

I wish I could go back to eating meat but alas, in the UK it's too expensive, and my mother who buys the food is a near vegetarian anyway.

Mexican meat isn't full of GMO's either. It's the real deal ya know
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator
Bananas are actually a great idea because they contain a long-lasting carbohydrate. That's why they are a great snack for athletes. They don't leave you with a 'low'. Eating bananas may help to stop sugar cravings. I think sugar cravings may be caused by sudden 'lows' in blood-sugar. The body is asking "Please give me a quick fix now!" and sugar does the trick but it doesn't last long enough, so reinforces the craving. Bananas are an excellent snack if you know you are starting to get hungry but it's a while until dinner!

There are also other foods which have long-lasting carbohydrates.
Corn, potatoes, peas, dried beans, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Popcorn, brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, barley, oatmeal, bulgur and buckwheat.

And the cruel answer (boo-hoo....lol) is that if you simply stop eating sugary things, go cold turkey, you will find that in a few days you will have no sugar cravings at all. But be prepared to feel a bit woozy for the first couple of days!)
Old 08-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
And the cruel answer (boo-hoo....lol) is that if you simply stop eating sugary things, go cold turkey, you will find that in a few days you will have no sugar cravings at all. But be prepared to feel a bit woozy for the first couple of days!)

That sounds wonderful Tobi!! but I really do enjoy sweets, I have already given up dairy and meat but sugar, I be torturing myself! I just can't do it! I just don't want constant cravings. I'm hoping with chocolate, bananas, more water and other great advice from the members will do!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I don't really understand though how cutting something out your diet that has no sugar in it creates such sugar cravings.. it's so weird. Lol.
I wish I could go back to eating meat but alas, in the UK it's too expensive, and my mother who buys the food is a near vegetarian anyway.

Mexican meat isn't full of GMO's either. It's the real deal ya know

That's why I'm so puzzle by it Scarlett!!! lol like you said meat is getting too expensive and "over here too"!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Master
Quote:
any advice on how to stop craving sugar?
I still won't give it up, I love my sweets.
I really do enjoy sweets, I have already given up dairy and meat but sugar, I be torturing myself! I just can't do it!
Hi Heaven. I transformed my diet over the past 15 years to the point where I'm now 100% vegan, no sweets, no stimulants, no processed food, only whole foods and mostly organic. I also lost close to 100 lbs in the process which was my original goal... I didn't even know what vegan was before I began my holistic dietary journey. My experience:

If you want it, you will eat it.
If you say you can't, you won't.
If you say you won't, then you've made your choice already.

If you say you only want it sometimes, you are still thinking about it.
If you're still thinking about it, you still want it.
If you want it...

If you want something else, you will gravitate towards that.
And that mindset will become your physical reality, over time.

My inappropriate cravings have always had to do with concessions and compromising: I quit such and such, so I deserve this. But I learned after a time that concessions and compromising have to do with the lower self, running from and denying its higher directives and responsibilities. It's a lower ego mind trap is all, and once one recognizes the reality and process, it becomes easy to stop falling into all the time.

Best advice I can give: You are perfect. If you like sugar, eat it and stop worrying about. But if you continue worrying about it, that means you actually want to do something about it. And if you actually want to do something about it, you will, because you're perfect. But you do have to stop allowing the lower self to override those higher callings. And that's a consciousness choice.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Master
Thanks Baile for your lovely message!! That's awesome that you lost 100 lbs. in the process. That's a nice accomplishment! See I couldn't be vegan even if I wanted. It be nice but I just think is a little too much for me. At the moment I'm fighting with quitting smoking completely, meat and dairy from my diet. I been doing good with dairy, meat and smoking much better than before, one a day or sometimes two days go by and no smoking Yay!!. The only comfort food at the moment is my sweets. I don't mind eating sweets once in a while, I just don't want to have the constant craving, its getting worst than the smoking urges. But so far these past two days I been drinking hot cacao chocolate by which contains tons of antioxidants and I been eating more nuts and bananas. My cravings are lowering. :)

Here's the hot cacao chocolate recipe if any of you want to try it and its pretty good and healthy. Now with the cold weather coming up it will warm you up.

- 1 cup of Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or tablespoon :)

Better than coffee or hot chocolate which contains cow milk. I actually enjoy it.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Master
I want to thank everyone for your wise advice! I have to say that since I have incorporated into my diet I have seen a huge improvement. I seem to have more control of my sugar cravings. I been eating more bananas, nuts, and or course I been drinking my hot cacao chocolate. Plus I started this week taking MSM supplements and I feel so good. Plus I'm not drinking so much soda, but more water. :) Thanks!!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:30 AM
VisionQuest

Quote:
Ok I was fine before when I used to eat meat and I always love my sweets but now that I'm not eating meat I actually don't crave meat but I crave sweets and its on a daily basis "its actually annoying me" . I just want sweets mainly cookies, cakes and of course lots of soda. By which I feel like I'm not making a good healthy choice, I stop eating meat but I'm eating more sweets so it doesn't help. Anyone experience the same as me when stop eating meat? or any advice on how to stop craving sugar?

Sugar = Pain ; it will turn your body ACIDIC and that brings on bodily PAIN!

STOP ALL SUGAR and substitute w/ STEVIA and Xylitol as these will not harm the body , teeth and bones!

Go to an ORGANIC CO-OP or Farm for advice in nutrition~
Old 12-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Master

Quote:
I want to thank everyone for your wise advice! I have to say that since I have incorporated into my diet I have seen a huge improvement. I seem to have more control of my sugar cravings. I been eating more bananas, nuts, and or course I been drinking my hot cacao chocolate. Plus I started this week taking MSM supplements and I feel so good. Plus I'm not drinking so much soda, but more water. :) Thanks!!

Well done and good luck!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com