Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 10-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Master
Ah, thanks for the lesson Muileag, I didn't know that, always nice to learn something everyday! To me they are both forms of the coco bean, from there I wasn't differentiating.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Ascender
it is probably bec of the anguish, not knowing what to do, how to cope. no one near you can understand much more help you. thus having stumbled on a place where several people are experiencing the same thing gives some kind of relief knowing you are not alone. :)
Old 11-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Suspended
It's fashionable.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Master
Connections...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
"Twin Flame" and other soul connections are spiritual connections. They don't necessarily have to be romantic relationships. They teach us lessons. They help us see the issues that need to be resolved inside us. They transform us so we are able to have solid, loving relationships in the future. Some of them last. Some of them meet long enough to create movement and change in each others lives and then they separate.

You raised a very interesting and valid point there Awakened Queen, regarding soul mates and twin flames... As you say, there is no specific need for those meetings to be of or for romantic reasons in any respect, although I've found in numerous cases, there have been heart-felt emotions (of varying levels) with the majority of such chance encounters...

I've always considered those pertained to the previous type of bond or relationship there was with the said person, whether that was an intimate or an (im)personal connection, such as a friendship or family tie...
On the other hand, it could be that those feelings would be relevant to something immanent ~ or even ~ an encounter in a future life cycle: such indicated by the strength of all or any of those emotions...

With regards to all that said, I've always found these aspect of a life journey, to be one of the most interesting: with changes of direction in a tight: second place...

Rob...
Old 11-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Royalite

I've slowly come to have gotten rid of the concept from my mind. But speaking for myself? The allure of the Twin Flame came from its finality. In my head, a TF is life long and was something that would eliminate the feeling of loneliness and disconnect from the rest of the world in the form of companionship and was someone who understood me on the deepest level and always will. It was a way of avoiding the heartache that came from an ending and a way to safeguard my heart. That was the allure of TF's, previously called "soul mates", until I joined SF back in 2010. So that was the appeal of that section of the forum to me.

Love & Relationships might have a connection to Soulmates and Twin flames, but that could be any ol' thing. lol Why any ol' love when you could have lifelong SOUL MATE/TWIN FLAME love like in the Disney movies.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
You raised a very interesting and valid point there Awakened Queen, regarding soul mates and twin flames... As you say, there is no specific need for those meetings to be of or for romantic reasons in any respect, although I've found in numerous cases, there have been heart-felt emotions (of varying levels) with the majority of such chance encounters...

I've always considered those pertained to the previous type of bond or relationship there was with the said person, whether that was an intimate or an (im)personal connection, such as a friendship or family tie...
On the other hand, it could be that those feelings would be relevant to something immanent ~ or even ~ an encounter in a future life cycle: such indicated by the strength of all or any of those emotions...

With regards to all that said, I've always found these aspect of a life journey, to be one of the most interesting: with changes of direction in a tight: second place...

Rob...

How better to pull two people toward each other for a specific spiritual purpose than to have them develop romantic feelings for one another. This is what the universe does. When you are in the midst of one of these connections, the pull is so strong that it feels like you're no longer in control of your own thoughts and feelings. It's the feeling of being under a love spell that you can't escape from.

Take a normal relationship and intensify all those emotions twenty times. Then if there is a separation, intensify that breakup twenty times. Then picture yourself dreaming about that person every night and every dream has some significant intuitive message. Then envision what it would feel like to see that person's name everywhere or constantly see "signs" that pointed back to the person when all you were trying to do was forget them. That's just scratching the surface of how it feels like to deal with a "Twin Flame" connection.

People abuse the term "Twin Flame" because they have no clue what it really means. It's become synonymous with Hollywood's version of a "soul mate" or some fairy tale romance. Most people who have experienced soul connections or "Twin Flame" connections will all say it's no fairy tale. All your fears, all your issues, all your twin's fears and issues get triggered. Many couples separate because it's just too intense.

Another interesting thing is this other person will tend to mirror a relationship with your mother or father. It's bizarre, but that was my experience, and I've talked to others and that was theirs as well. My father was cold and distant when I was growing up, which created issues within me. Guess how my "twin" acted? So then all my daddy issues immediately got triggered.

There are so many threads in the Soul Mates and Twin Flames forum because the people there are trying to deal with the overwhelming pain and loss and live day to day when all they want do is crawl into a ball and die. There is a community of people who know what it feels like and they can talk to each other about this unique experience.

These relationships are spiritual overall and romantic secondary.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Ecthalion

I reckon its because people feeling strong emotions like to believe that what they are experiencing has been felt by few others, if anyone, before. Understandable but unlikely.
Someone wrote a book to profit from the idea and twin flames were born.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
I reckon its because people feeling strong emotions like to believe that what they are experiencing has been felt by few others, if anyone, before. Understandable but unlikely.
Someone wrote a book to profit from the idea and twin flames were born.

Yeah that's it. That's a pretty asinine statement, if you really believe that.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
Yeah that's it. That's a pretty asinine statement, if you really believe that.
I think it is quite a sensible statement based on facts.
To believe in something which cannot be proven, now that would be asinine.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Master

Well, I have to wonder if there is more activity there because people who are dealing with a perceived separation or longing for something/someone are more apt to talk about it and try to find answers, while people who have someone they feel content with are more prone to just be content and not discuss.

When I was researching the twin flame concept because Spirit basically dropped a book in my lap one day, I started talking in there and sharing my journey and comparing. It soon became clear that I was on a journey of introspection while others were spending a great deal of time trying to figure out the other person.

Don't get me wrong. I had my moments.

I don't talk in there much anymore. I'm studying it all more from a physics perspective now.