Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Experiencer
On May 5th, in the late afternoon I began to get a headache between my eyes and I decided to lay down for a while. My intent was not to sleep but just rest my eyes. I had been reading most of the day. Before closing my eyes, I turned on my television intending to just listen to it. About one minute after closing my eyes, I felt as though my right ear was about to clear or pop when this feeling turned into an increasing vibration that shifted to my middle ear. After noticing this, it stopped for a second or two – when all of a sudden it returned again and almost immediately it felt as if I fell through a hole in the bed. I say fell, but it was as much a weightless feeling as a falling feeling. At this point it seemed I was tumbling and I decided to open my eyes. Although it took a couple seconds for my eyes to properly adjust, I immediately knew I was not in my bed. In fact, I was outside – more to the point I was falling.

I began to gather my thoughts and began asking myself what just happened. I knew where I was – I was lying down in bed, I could hear the TV but it felt like my arms and legs were asleep from lack of circulation – I later learned others described this as paralysis. I then wondered if I was dreaming – this did not feel like a dream. I had my conscious understanding of reality. I could still hear the TV, I knew I was in bed but I was somewhere else. I realized at this point that this must be what an out of body experience felt like. This must be astral projection. By this point my vision was clear and I seemed to be in control of my falling, I was not even falling – I was flying and I decided to descend toward the ground.
While flying toward the ground I knew I was not on earth anymore. I still do not know how I knew this but it was confirmed shortly thereafter when I began to see “bogeys” flying objects below me and a lot of them. They also appeared to be following an organized traffic pattern. As I got closer I decided to merge into one of the traffic patterns as to not attract attention. For some reason this was important to me. I did not want to be noticed. After merging I notice this objects I was flying around were like flying robots or drones. When I say robots, I literally mean like real robots – like transformers. Robots with legs that could walk if the wanted to. At least that is what it looked like. I wanted to get a better look at one of these bogeys and instinctively started to do aerobatic maneuvers to get into position. As I approached from behind I performed a barrel roll around this bogey as I passed by him where I pulled into a chandelle. My intent was to let the bogey fly by, roll off the top and get in from behind for another look. This did not happen though. At the top of my chandelle, this object suddenly changed its direction pitched up and came directly at me just as I rolled over. I then just accelerated for the deck – weaving in and out of traffic. It was not long before I realized I was far more maneuverable and seemingly faster than this other objects.

After I felt like I was not being followed I began to focus on the ground and realized I was over a populated area – a city scape if you will. I do not recall seeing anything hi-tech per se. It was like flying over any city, only this was different. The buildings were between 1 and maybe 3 or 4 stories tall. They were all similar neutral colors and shape. The shapes were different that the typical cube-like buildings here. They seemed to sort of snake, like a hose and they were bulbous. None of the surfaces were perpendicular to the ground. Even the windows were bulbous and they had a strange dark reflection to them. What stood out was the fact that there were not any streets – at least what we would call streets and I did not see any rolling vehicles or beings. The streets were more like natural parkways that snaked with the buildings. The ground had what I would call grass as well as unnavigable waterways or a series of streams and ponds. Additionally there were trees and bushes that were two to three times larger than I was used to. All of the foliage I saw was a natural shades of green. At this point I decided to land in between two buildings that curved together. This landing required more focus than anything else I had experienced and I was not sure exactly how to do it. It was sort of tricky because I had to descend and do a slow S-like curve to keep myself from hitting a building. As I flew between the buildings I noticed the buildings were larger than I expected. What I mean is, it seemed the floors of these buildings were as high as 20 feet maybe more. They were much taller than the standard height of our building floors. After landing I found myself in this parkway. This is the first time I realized how bright everything was. Perhaps this was because it was the first time I was not looking down. As I looked around I saw what appeared to be the tail or vertical stabilizer of a large jumbo jet from behind one of these buildings. I decided to get a better look and began walking around the building that was between me and what I thought was an airplane. As I moved around the building I could see three or four of these aircraft come into view.

At first I was in absolute awe. These aircraft were larger than anything I have ever witnessed. They were larger than aircraft carriers. They had at least a hundred huge wheels – bigger than those wheels you see on those large dump trucks. Next I looked at the tail of the closest aircraft – the one I originally saw the vertical stabilizer. It was as if I was looking up at a skyscraper. Imagine being an ant looking up at a 747 from behind and off to the left about 15 degrees. That is the scale of this craft. I then focused on the fuselage, at least as far as I could see it. I could not see the front of it as the fuselage seemed to curve toward a point like a boat might do. In fact, the shape of the fuselage reminded me more of a stealth ship than it did an aircraft. I should point out that the color of these aircraft were haze gray – just like our own military aircraft. I then started looking at other aircraft of the same type off in the distance which were parked at different angles. One of these aircraft in the distance I could see from a side profile. Although I could not see the tail of this aircraft because the closest aircraft was blocking it – I could see the majority of the front of it and the front of it or bow had what I could have sworn an anchor tucked up into the bow. It also had big white markings on it that I could plainly see, but could not read. What set these aircraft apart from our aircraft was the lack of wings. They had wings, but they did not seem to be large enough to provide sufficient lift. They were more like structures or platforms to support what I believe were this crafts propulsion systems. The propulsion systems were very large and round like a jet engine but they were nowhere near as long. They were much flatter and a blue glow emanated from them. At this I was pretty sure these craft were military and I began to get pretty nervous. I just sensed I was not supposed to be there and decided I had seen enough and decided to fly away. At this thought I was flying away at a blistering speed.

In no time at all I was over the country side. It was rolling hills with valleys, open fields and patches of very tall trees and hedge rows. I then saw buildings off in the distance and decided to fly to it. I sort of wrote about this above. I decided to land on one of the roofs of this L shaped buildings. I think it was a barn. Nothing about this building was high tech and it was not the same bulbous shape as the buildings in the city but the scale was much larger than our buildings. It was more like a barn with a slight A-frame roof. After landing I noticed the roof had tree bark like shingles. At this point I just took in the sights and got a good 360 degree look at my surrounds. There was not really much to see other than what I described earlier. I then noticed another set of buildings off in the distance and I decided to go there. I should point out that I was still fully aware that I was having this out of world experience that I could not explain. If I focused, I could still hear the TV, I knew I was still in my bed, but I was somewhere else as well. I do recall I could only focus on one or the other but not both – at least not at the same time. Anyway, as I said, I decided to go to the other buildings I saw and for some reason decided to take a running jump or dive into flight off this building. As I ran toward the edge I looked off to my left and saw my first bi-pedal being. It was larger than a human – perhaps a little larger than a bear and this being, I believe male had a humble look about him. He was wearing a tattered wool like robe or cloak and his skin was rough and wrinkled. He was hunched over and walked with a lumbered gate. He had a rather large nose that dominated his face. The best way to describe him is he was gnome like. The only other thing I noticed is he was carrying something small in his hand. I did not get a good look at what it was and by this time I was at the ledge when I leaped. I don’t believe he even noticed me.

At this point I just flew toward this other building incredibly fast – in fact, a little to fast. As I approached I realized this and had no time to figure out where to land and just decided to land on the ground in between these buildings. There were several in a U shape. As I got closer I saw several small animals in the area where I wanted to land. I remember thinking “ this is going to be close, I’m going to fast!!!!” Somehow I managed to come to a skidding stop barely missing these animals which I clearly startled as they helped in getting out of the way and all eyes were on me. After landing I was sort of kneeling and I turned to see the largest of these animals. This animal was about the size of a large dog, like a lab. Only, it was not a dog. It was kind of a cross between a large pug, a pig and a rodent. His tail was like a cork screw. I immediately got the impression this animal was friendly. I have always loved dogs and feel a certain peace in their presence. I had this same feeling I have when I meet a new dog. He was certainly curious about me and almost immediately submitted to me by lowering his head when he began to approach me with his tail wagging. I remember finding humor in the way he approached me, almost playful. Almost immediately the animal’s attention was drawn to the right and when I looked, there was another one of these beings existing a building. I am almost certain this being observed me. At this point I sort of panicked and decided it was time to put an end to this. To do this I just pushed myself up from the bed and it was as if I was sucked back to where I was supposed to be. I just got up, looked at my clock and sat there in disbelief.

All in all it seemed this experience lasted 20 minutes and the clock confirmed this. It was all so real and I did not know what to think. Nothing like this has ever happened. I have never had a dream like that, nor have I ever experienced a dream where I knew I was dreaming. Every day since this experience I have thought about it. For me this is very unusual as I almost never even remember my dreams let alone think about them. So that’s it – I know it sounds crazy and I am willing to accept that it was all just a dream. A very incredible dream that I can remember the same way I remember my last vacation. Hope I did not bore you. I realize there is some disparity in my experience between the flying drones, the city scape and the farms. I wish I could make better sense of it. The only other thing I can share is that at no time do I remember hearing sound during this experience. I don't know why but maybe it is important. Thanks for reading and sharing

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung

Last edited by Gracey : 15-05-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 14-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Experiencer

It wasn't boring, and I found it completely credible. It was obvious that you related just what you saw and experienced, and are not the sort of person who "invents" things like this. The vibration you felt at the outset is consistent with most accounts of OBEs. When you were flying among the robotic drones, could you see yourself? Were you still in human form? I ask this because the Monroe Institute has different "focus levels", and some of them appear to have intelligent forms of machinery. One detail that I found very interesting about your story is it's consistency. The stories of buildings were taller than ours - so were the "beings" who used them. Likewise, the craft were much larger - they would have to be, to accommodate the inhabitants! I loved the dog-like creature. It's nice to know that some things are the same! You were very brave, by the way. Some people are so frightened by the vibration, that the experience stops. Would you want to "go" again? Thank you so much for posting the story - reading it made my day!
Old 14-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello Semper, I don't think your dream/ experience was crazy and it certainly wasn't boring ! I am amazed at the details you remembered of it all, and how clearly you described the events as they happened and the objects/ animals . I have read other OBEs and can't say I have read any quite like yours.

In connection with Rosie's question " Would you want to 'go' again ? " ......I am wondering if there is a way to let's say, go back to where you were and perhaps continue from where you left off ? Have you ever tried this with a dream ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 14-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Experiencer
Hi RosieCotton,

In terms of seeing myself - I never experienced this. The entire experience was a first person experience as if I was in my body. I don't know if I had a body but its possible. I do remember when I landed on the barn roof feeling the texture of the surface and I am pretty sure I saw my bare feet. I hope I was not naked - lol. That is the only time I think I saw one of my body parts. Again my focus was really on the roof itself and noticing it looked like tree bark from a large tree. My feet were incidental to this memory. I did not really look at them.

In terms of the size of the beings and the buildings, the scale certainly does make sense in consistency. The drones are a bit of a mystery and the aircraft - well, they had a menacing appeal to them.

It is funny you keyed in on me being brave on the onset of this experience. When it stopped, it stopped because I think I stopped it. An almost "What is this sensation" But I was curious so I forced myself to clear my thoughts. To just go with it. I remember making this conscious decision but it was a little scary.

As for the dog like creature - that was the most enjoyable and vivid part of the experience. I felt like I connected with the animal. Right before we were distracted - I could have sworn this animal smiled at me. Like it knew me and was happy to see me. Strangely, I find myself missing it like I do my childhood dog. I wish I would have had more time to have an experience with it. It is like we instantly bonded.

@Dream Angel: Absolutely I would want to go again! I just have no idea how I did it the first time.As for my dreams, I never realize I am dreaming unless I wake in the middle of them, by then - its after the fact. Truth be told, If I did have the opportunity, I would skip the city and would go back to that farm house to see that animal again. :-) Problem is - I don't know how.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 14-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Knower
Thankyou for sharing Semper, a very interesting read :)

I have had astral experiences as far back as I can remember, but as a child I thought they were just dreams as they happened during sleep and I would literally feel myself coming back to my body with a jolt, as if I'd fallen from the sky and landed on my bed...this used to happen frequently as a child and I thought nothing of it.
Since becoming an adult and learning about such spiritual experiences, I've discovered that I still have automatic astral experiences, usually flying probably because I just love the thrill of soaring so high and so fast lol.
But a while back now, I started to learn how to induce an Obe when concious...at first I used to leave my body so quick I would bounce round my bedroom walls literally like a pinball...Now I have disciplined myself to do my relaxation and breathing first so I have more control...this I've only been doing fairly recently.
Now when I Obe on demand, I relax and breathe slowly until I feel the paralysis kick in, then I "open" my astral eyes...when I have clear focus I simply just "sit" up in bed and get up as I physically would and then I'm free to go wherever I like, though I haven't gone that far in this controlled manor yet, I'm finding it a much better way of checking on the children at night without waking them...I'm looking forward to further exploration of the astral planes with full awareness though, just happy practicing the coming and going at will at the moment :)

Also, when I'm between sleep paralysis and Obe, I feel mild energy vibrations(I understand that is my astral body changing its vibration from my physical vibration so that it can separate), but I never hear sounds..now I think this is because I'm not a very "audio" person...I get thoughts in my head from my guide or when practicing telepathy rather than hearing voices in my head.
And as for the fear and sensing a bad or evil entity in the room thats another story all together.

Not as interesting as other Obe stories, guess this post is basically a summary of my astral diary to date...I be sure to keep you informed of any new progresses I make though⭐❤⭐
Old 14-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Experiencer
Rosie!

I was just reading what I wrote and realized I may have had one experience where I saw myself. I can't believe I missed this. When I was flying - doing the aerobatics I described. When I thought the drone saw me, I remember seeing myself almost at a glance from the perspective of the drone. I think I understand what might be considered what you described. I don't remember experiencing me roll at the top of the chandelle - I actually saw me do this. Now that I think about it, there was definitely a shift in perspective. This is what got my attention and realization that this drone was changing direction. What I did not mention here, but did mention in an email to my friend was that this drone was trying to hit me. Thanks for that :-) Amazing how I did not notice that change in perspective until I actually read it and visualized it at the same time. WOW! That is kind of wild now that I think about it

-- Carl Jung
Old 14-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
@Dream Angel: Absolutely I would want to go again! I just have no idea how I did it the first time.As for my dreams, I never realize I am dreaming unless I wake in the middle of them, by then - its after the fact. Truth be told, If I did have the opportunity, I would skip the city and would go back to that farm house to see that animal again. :-) Problem is - I don't know how.

oh yes, I forgot that part about this just happening and not like you did it on purpose ! I think you need to try to AP, which is easier said than done from what I have heard .... then again, some people seem to do it just by wanting to do so ( I haven't figured out quite how yet, I tried twice ) . I think intention has something to do with this and relaxing enough to let it happen.

Expect Miracles !

Old 14-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
Amazing how I did not notice that change in perspective until I actually read it and visualized it at the same time. WOW! That is kind of wild now that I think about it

I think your whole experience is kind of wild !

Expect Miracles !

Old 14-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Experiencer
Thanks Electric Dreams - You are so gifted that you can do it on demand. I would highly encourage you to try flight again - it is so exhilarating and there does not seem to be a speed limit - lol.

I felt like superman. Even while it was happening I could sense the rush of adrenalin.

-- Carl Jung
Old 15-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Actually the way you describe basically being in one place and then opening your eyes and being in another is pretty much exactly how it occurs. The only time people see the illusion of "leaving their body" is when they believe that is necessary for them to astral project which it certainly is not. Our physical body and the bodies we experience through dreams and astral projection are never inside or outside of each other because they exist in completely different dimensions. Our physical body exists in the physical dimension and our astral body exists in the spiritual dimensions and those two are not interchangeable as in the physical body does not go into the spiritual dimensions and the astral body does not go in the physical dimension. And because of that it's impossible for your astral body to leave your physical body or even enter it. As impossible as it would be to park your car in Europe if it is in the United States and since if that car metaphorically was your astral body that means there is absolutely no way available for your car to go to Europe, so it is impossible.

With that said the only thing necessary for astral projection is your consciousness must shift out of your physical body into a body you can dream or project in, for example the astral body. It only takes a few moments for that shift to actually occur and most of the time people spend attempting to project is simply spent in the attempts to trigger that shift and so it can take seconds, minutes, or hours to project depending how long it takes for you to enter and remain in the right state of mind for that shift in consciousness to occur. Once that shift occurs the projection has already began it's just a matter of realizing it, in your case opening your eyes triggered that and since the projection had already began and you were essentially in a different body and world that is why you saw what you saw. Astral projection is not as simple as us projecting into some dormant body that just sits around doing nothing unless we're dreaming or projecting. It is quite the opposite and we often experience bodies with other extensions of our consciousness living in them and this is why people begin dreams and projections in random places with no explanation as to why or what they are doing there. So with that said when you opened your eyes you likely witnessed the last thing that another extension of your consciousness was experiencing and/or witnessing. Once your projection ended that other extension of consciousness regains control of that body and returns to their every day life.

Thanks Astral Explorer - from the sounds of it, you have a lot of knowledge regarding this. I am definitely going to try to explore this more. Very much appreciate your insight. Thanks again

-- Carl Jung