Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Master
As much as I agree with Yogananda's statements on many things, I do not agree completely with Yogananda on Jesus Christ.

Yogananda seems to always be obsessed with "India" and he seems to lose focus of Jesus Christ's whole purpose.

As much as Krishna, Buddha, and Jesus are all these divine people and Sons of God, Jesus always had a special mission unlike all others.

Even Edgar Cayce, Paul Solomon, and so many others in their readings and trances received that Jesus paid the debt of the original sin. And because original sin is misinterpreted, it meant "the original humans separated from God", so Jesus as Christ erases this separation in the Earth's consciousness by being obeident and completely one with God even unto death. And resurrected overcoming self, death, and the grave. And he ascended to the highest heaven.

According to many mystics the Law of Grace was not accessible until Jesus the Christ came and made it fully aware in the flesh.

Where as the Law of Karma controlled humankind from the time of Adam (first man) to Christ. Even during Krishna's appearance, Karma was well and alive and Krishna even participated in war and was a sort of God-warrior and even if he was as divine as Jesus, he didn't have the same role and destiny as Jesus.

Another thing is that many scholars have some proof that they believe that Krishna and Melchizedek were actually the same person in the Bible and Bhagvad Gita and just looked at different as he traveled from India to Salem, where he was present in the armies during the Bhagvad Gita and then met Abraham to bless him.

And in Edgar Cayce's readings, Melchizedek was a past life of Jesus. And as Melchizedek he was a fourth-dimensional being. He wasn't even fully human. He was a transcendent soul who could whisper to Abraham on the other side of the world and speak to Brahmin priests while eating breakfast.
Crazy huh?! And Cayce hinted that Jesus was Buddha or a Buddha at one time.

So technically Jesus is the ultimate being that walked the earth. If you follow this.
Old 23-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Master
I think the story of the Jesus the man being crucified is really just a metaphor for us to understand that we must give up our old man or carnal self to be reborn to our true SELF, the Christ. This way it doesn't leave one who doesn't quite understand this metaphor, to have guilt over the crucifixion of the story of Jesus.
Old 23-11-2010, 09:09 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think the story of the Jesus the man being crucified is really just a metaphor for us to understand that we must give up our old man or carnal self to be reborn to our true SELF, the Christ. This way it doesn't leave one who doesn't quite understand this metaphor, to have guilt over the crucifixion of the story of Jesus.
Right. One has to remember that the people of that time were simple people with little or no formal education. This would have a profound effect on their ability to think in abstract terms.
To show them what they have to do required a physical world example.
Old 23-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Right. One has to remember that the people of that time were simple people with little or no formal education. This would have a profound effect on their ability to think in abstract terms.

Not sure that I agree with you on that, Pre-Dawn. People "at that time" were no less intelligent than we are today and maybe more intelligent in some ways. I think it's a mistake to equate formal education with intelligence. It could be argued that spirituality was more prominent in their lives than in ours.
Old 23-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I think you right pre-dawn, that does make sense.
Old 23-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
If Christ is NOT the Messiah or the Saviour of Mankind, then why do you think that He allowed Himself to be crucified?

What were His intentions, if it were not for the atonement of Humanity?

How do you expect anyone to know the intentions of a man who supposedly lived 2000 years ago? The all idea that his presence was to take on the inherent sin of man and atone it by allowing himself to be nailed on a tree is open to speculation because the supposed gossip *cough cough* I mean gospel was written by men other than the man himself who also naturally must have their own intentions and their own biases when they jotted everything down.

The reason why many of you incline to Christianity is because it preaches the art of forgiveness. Many, sorry to say, are wounded souls that require a reindoctrination of this idea to release guilt, self loathing and shame which has been imposed upon you by the environment you were reared in. That is one great thing Christianity has done, another thing is that it alleviates the fear of death in many by instilling in them the idea of a paradise awaiting after this life. All these ideas are very comforting. But we forget that they are only IDDDDEEEEAAAAASSSSSS, THOOOUGGGHTTSS in your heads that invoke certain desirable feelings. That is all they are. Thoughts are very powerful if you believe them to be real. And you are the one who BELIEVES in them in doing so give them the Power and permission to affect your lives. That is how great you are.
Old 23-11-2010, 10:28 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Not sure that I agree with you on that, Pre-Dawn. People "at that time" were no less intelligent than we are today and maybe more intelligent in some ways. I think it's a mistake to equate formal education with intelligence. It could be argued that spirituality was more prominent in their lives than in ours.
Question from a personal growth course: "In what area of your life will this [learning] make the greatest difference?"

Think for a few seconds? How do you understand this question? What would you answer?

A frequent answer from a particular group of participants "In Crawford <replace with suburb where participant lives>".

Abstract thinking failure.
Old 23-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Master
"personal growth course:"

An oxymoron, surely.
Old 23-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Even Edgar Cayce, Paul Solomon, and so many others in their readings and trances received that Jesus paid the debt of the original sin.
And because original sin is misinterpreted, it meant "the original humans separated from God", so Jesus as Christ erases this separation in the Earth's consciousness by being obedient
and completely one with God even unto death.

According to many mystics the Law of Grace was not accessible until Jesus the Christ came and made it fully aware in the flesh.

Hi Amilius,
This could easily have been my post before 2/10..I so relate to this thinking.

I had a major shift in Feb - for the first time understanding (doesn't mean it's true and you don't have to think this way..) that the above all depends on the story of a Garden, a Fall and all that were true.
Which I see now was an excuse made up so Man didn't have to take responsibility of how far he had gotten from his creator. (Separation=sin)

The "ridiculous" paradigm - that was made up-that God could even want any sort of blood sacrifice/killing is so far-fetched.
Yet, I actually formed my thoughts into thinking , "Yes, this makes sense."
I mean as if our Creator were so petty with human traits of jealousies and this need for loyalty to want goat's blood - let alone to sacrifice His Son this way.
"Blood, blood - blood is life." Breath is life!

I don't want to upset people and I may never mention it again.
It seems too much for people to want to open to -and someimes they
get rude on forums about it - ha, in person, too ---as if I'm insulting them personally telling them the earth is round.

It doesn't mean loving Jesus less; it means understanding our Father/Creator more!
That He never took away the grace or the possibility to fully know who we are!
Never.
It was us that got too caught up in the 3rd dimension of form and illusion...forgetting who we are/were.

Yes, Jesus resurrected for us to "see" reality -but nope, he didn't suffer and die to redeem us like some goat and bring us back into the grace of God --it was never withheld.

Ain't that a kick ---It means we have always been able to realize who we are ----since the beginning.

On one hand we have a jealous, mean, withholding God.
On the other we have - a loving God that never withheld anything - but, humans making up some preposterous story as to why we suffer.
Which makes more sense?

(Ha, blaming the One that created Super Novas and Quasars and sustains trillions of Suns inside milions of galaxies!!)
And I fell for it! Like some mass hysteria.

What freedom and joy to realize the true nature of God - He has always wanted us to wake up and come back home - always!

Eternally open arms. Always was and always will be.

Talk about wandering aimlessly in a desert!!
....With the Land of Milk and Honey over the next hill!!!!

BTW, another take on this 'blood sacrifice thing' that was in place for centuries ---if this was all man understood ---fine - it's
the best man can understand - it'll have to do...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 23-11-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 23-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Right. One has to remember that the people of that time were simple people with little or no formal education.
This would have a profound effect on their ability to think in abstract terms.

Think how we thought in the Pioneer Western days.
"He cheated m' paw, lynch 'em."

Now, the global change in our thinking when germs could be seen under a microscope
or
when Einstein proved to us a table was not a table....just a bunch of atoms with so much heat and light inside- split one and you could blow up a car....U238 could blow up a city!

We certainly can think and imagine abstractly now!
Of course, seeing Jesus dematerialize didn't hurt the human mind's development.
Big shift.
Miss Hepburn
.................................................. .....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru