Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
If those who have crossed into spirit do not retain consciousness and remembrance of their life here on earth, how do you explain the documented cases of communication from that source? Certainly many are believing such because they need or want to, but there are cases where things unknown even to the reciever have been conveyed by through a medium (or directly from one who has passed!) and turn out to be accurate. It's clear and obvious to me that we do retain remembrance and consious personality identification when we cross. We may choose to remain in the spirit realms and enter into the countless varied experiences and work available to us there, or we may choose to remain there for a time and then return to earth in another finite body, but either way, although we rejoin Divine Oneness in the sense that we know ourselves to be united and all part of the one great conscious entity we call God, we also recognize ourselves to be individualizes aspects of that One. Our remembrance, awareness and personality does not simply meld into a great innocuous mass. (IMO )

I have wondered the same things 7L.......but now I see it like this:
It is the thought of you and your past, that lives on and is reborn and/or communicates from the dead.
Thought is very interconnected and one entity so to speak.
A thought cannot die until, as Lisa suggested, that it dies before we die.
Like it has to be played out or fulfilled.
There is a death here and now that allows one to notice that the thought of themselves no longer continues as it did before and that, what they really are, was never born or never dies. Aliveness itself.
It leaves one with a knowing of sorts that, so what, if life continues on through me with no memory of me as another person or a rock or a bird after this body dies.
(IMO )

James
Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Suspended
I have no idea what will happen but I hope it's an awfully big adventure.

Squatch
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

It is after death as it is before birth.. birth and death are doors/portals into and out of the physical Cosmos..

Be well..
Old 01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
shepherd

Quote:
Knowing your interest in the workings of the mind, I am curious what you think of stories told from those who clinically died and returned.
I am also curious of your thoughts on the stories told by many under hypnosis related to past lives.

What is interesting whiteshaman is that the stories that come from those that died and returned often match their belief systems. Cultures across the world report NDE experiences which reflect what they believe will happen. Even hell has been mentioned by some people too which then goes against quite a few beliefs.

Can every NDE be correct due to the possibility that we do indeed create our version of the afterlife when we pass? Or was there actually no afterlife but the belief created a brain process which is like a lucid dream, still creating the experience?

I have done quite a few Past Life Regressions and they are fascinating, but they also tend to match their beliefs. The surprises tend to come from those connecting with what seems like a higher consciousness or wisdom which gives some great advice which will help them personally. Also some PLR are quite metaphoric in content which is the language of the mind, so no past life may be experienced but the unconcious is providing help through metaphoric content to provide meaning to them to change their lives.

Someone mentioned astral travel on here, again is this also influenced by beliefs and are people really travelling astrally or do they think they are?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
What is interesting whiteshaman is that the stories that come from those that died and returned often match their belief systems. Cultures across the world report NDE experiences which reflect what they believe will happen. Even hell has been mentioned by some people too which then goes against quite a few beliefs.

Can every NDE be correct due to the possibility that we do indeed create our version of the afterlife when we pass? Or was there actually no afterlife but the belief created a brain process which is like a lucid dream, still creating the experience?

I have done quite a few Past Life Regressions and they are fascinating, but they also tend to match their beliefs. The surprises tend to come from those connecting with what seems like a higher consciousness or wisdom which gives some great advice which will help them personally. Also some PLR are quite metaphoric in content which is the language of the mind, so no past life may be experienced but the unconcious is providing help through metaphoric content to provide meaning to them to change their lives.

Someone mentioned astral travel on here, again is this also influenced by beliefs and are people really travelling astrally or do they think they are?

Yes, I don't doubt that it could be as you describe......but what of those who have such experiences that include things that have nothing to do with their beliefs?
In other words, they involve things they could not have known.
I don't expect an answer here, its just such events leave the door open to me on how much is not known or on how complex and interwoven mind is.
I'll come back with an example from my life and if you will, tell me your thoughts on it. See post below.
James

Last edited by BlueSky : 01-11-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Master
OK, I'm back Shepherd. This may be long and aside from the amazing synchronicities, please take note and comment on what I saw and what my wife also saw.
It just cannot be explained as in my mind. At best it can be described as what is in 'MIND' and that 'MIND' is interconnected nut I just don't know.
Tell me your thoughts (or anyone else if you would like) after you read this: This is from my journals of stuff, a couple of years ago, I kept that happened on my journey.

My new Friend!

Part 1

I’ll try to keep this short but it may be hard to do. In the end, my hope is to inspire all who read it to seek to know what I have come to “know”.

There are beings known as Fays or Faes that we don’t normally see and they are a part of the faerie realm. In honor of them and their coming into my life, I share the following:

For some time now, I have “known” that the “unseen” realms such as angels, gnomes and in particular, faerie, could and should become “seen” by our awakened eyes and heard by our listening ears, here and now!
I don’t know how I knew this, I just did. I believe it was because I was remembering what I have forgotten over lifetimes of ignorance and disbelief.

As I sought to “try” and see or call such beings to manifest before me, I found myself disappointed and yet I sensed there was a good reason.
I know that I wanted them to come to me as oppose to me making it happen. I wanted it to be real without doubt in my mind and I wanted it because I wanted my life to be filled with all of its exciting possibilities, in particular the joy and excitement of befriending beings of such godlike and pure qualities. How awesome it would be to befriend such beings and deities in our awakened life! It would be life changing, I imagined!

As I lived each day, with one eye on the look out for something magical to happen, I suddenly, out of the blue, received a forum Email message from someone I did not know who stated that her “guides” wanted me to know that they “know” me and that they are smiling upon me!
Wow, I thought! (It gets better!)

I asked my surprise friend what her guides names were so that I could honor and thank them in ritual form for making themselves known to me in this way.
She shared what she could about them. It was so comforting to know that I was known and watched by such magnificent beings in this way. How awesome!
I then responded to this girl and explained my recent desire to meet and befriend beings of the faerie realm and angel realm.
She responded in an excited manner that this was all very interesting because the one being she chose not to share his liken to me, a guide to her that was the source of all goodness and purity, was her friend the Fay! She said he actually is ½ Fay and ½ not of this world!
Wow, I thought again! What a unique way to have this happen. How validating it was to me.

I honored these beings the next morning and every morning thereafter but in the meanwhile I came across a free online book that taught you how to manifest what you want in your life. It taught how to change cause and effect into effect and cause. It taught me to visualize what I wanted, which was the effect or the result first and then after practicing certain steps, simply sit back and watch all the causes or events lead up to the effect I wanted.
What I wanted most, of course was to be visited by my new friend, the Fay. I was instructed by the book to explain in writing “why” I wanted this thing and then to imagine daily that it has already happened and to feel that it has.
The feeling I wanted was the excitement and joy of being befriended and of befriending such a wonderful being.
I was also instructed to draw a picture of this meeting to help me visualize it happening and help me in feeling it happening.

I drew a picture of myself, on my morning walk, suddenly feeling this Fay’s arm around my shoulder, embracing me as a good friend would from behind.
I continued to practice visualizing when:
1 or 2 days later I started seeing a large shadow of something off my deck at night in the corner of my eye. This happened twice until the next day when my wife was with me and it happened again and she noticed it too!
Now, I had not told my wife about any of this yet, so again Wow! In this instance, I knew it was him. Once again validated in a unique manner! Awesome!
I told the girl who initially wrote me about her guides that I saw a shadow and asked her to describe her friend the Fay for me. Her description didn’t click, but than again, I only saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye.
What did click, when I told her I was practicing visualizing meeting the Fay, was when she wrote back and said this Fay told her to tell me these exact words (keep in mind that she knew nothing about my drawing and the details of my visualization):
She wrote:
“He is smiling at your visualizing techniques. He seems to be saying you are trying to hard and to just accept as they are already there, and very friendly. He says to tell you that when you feel a warmth come across your shoulders it is them. The feeling of someone resting their arm in a friendly gesture across your shoulders.”

Wow!
Needless to say, I was overwhelmed by this accurate description of my drawing.
I suddenly felt all of the feeling I visualized I would just from hearing this!
It was just as meaningful and memorable a way to meet him as I actual visualized!

I still wait to feel his friendly embrace physically but I also realize that this was the start of a lifelong friendship and I am sure that it will unfold as it should.

I can’t explain how much I feel like the whole world has just opened up to me with all of the new possibilities and joys I could imagine.

I share this in honor of my new friend and the likes of him. I share this in honor of their world which I believe we (humans) once walked side by side in.
I share this in hope that you too, will begin to remember and believe once again!
Thanks for listening!

Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman

Part 2

As you may recall..when I last sought to meet my new guide, which is a of the Fay realm, I saw numerous times, a shadow out of the corner of my eye that was on all fours like a dog. My wife saw it at the same time I did and commented that it reminded her of a dog.
This weekend I embarked on a “shamanic journey” for various intents, one of which was to meet this new Fay guide friend of mine.
The short version is I found myself in space, deep space, beyond the sun and moon and I was sitting in what seemed “Indian style” suspended in space. It was a cool experience.
My guide then came and he sat near me and seemed to be dressed in Arabian attire.
(These journeys are not clearly visual like life. They are more mental images and forms without great visual detail but filled with a knowing that needs no detail)
After the journey I began to think how he resembled a genie so I looked up “genie” which led me to “Djinn”.
It seems the Djinn or Genie realm are closely related to the “Fay” (how cool!) and they usually cannot be seen unless they “shapeshift” into some other form which more often than not is a “dog” ( how cool again!)
After further thought, I began to realize what seemed like “Indian style” sitting was in fact sitting like a “Genie” with my legs folded and floating in space! (Again how cool!)
The world is so filled with wonder and to find it is like paradise to me!
Thanks for listening!

Last edited by BlueSky : 01-11-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Master
Quote:
I think some have genuine experiences and others not. Some lucid dreams can also give us the impression that it's some place else outside the body, not like your average dream.

If everyone will go to the place their mind/beliefs are, that means it's a big mess out there! I live right now on earth, but at the same time others might experience me somewhere else in another dimension? Sounds crazy. Possible, or just a delusion? If our thoughts create realities, then maybe it's not such a bad idea to believe in heaven..? ;-)
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
soprano

Here it is explained:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-ya5oM3BI

Claudio
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:
What do you believe happens to you after your last breath?

We all stop arguing with each other
Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 PM
blackfellawhitefella

amongst a series of 'pre - sent' experiences , i've also experienced 3 quite intense 'fly bys'.

those fly bys , occurred as i was simply going about my daily do.

one was a clearly heard statement of friendship , one a gentle but intense noticing of a letting go , one an intense energy shift/ awareness / realisation .... each represented a 'friend' (not earthly family members) departing this vibrational experience. (2 of these experiences occurred in time with their 'death')

as i asked the kids a lot when they were little ... what were you before you came here ?

maybe the 'better' question is , what were you doing / being 'just' before you came here ?

Last edited by blackfellawhitefella : 02-11-2010 at 05:51 AM.