Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-02-2022, 06:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalikdania
I'd love to hear everyone's definitions of God.

An analysis of religious history poses a problem. Monotheism never existed until the mid-1300s BC via Akhenaton in Egypt. He said "God" was the sun, and the people didn't like it ... before that it was always some version of polytheism.

From Egypt it traveled over to the Zoroastrian religion, and from there to the Semitic culture during the Exile. From that point it traveled outward and down the road to us today.
Old 20-02-2022, 12:50 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalikdania
I'd love to hear everyone's definitions of God. If it applies to your beliefs, can you try and explain what "he" looks like, if he has human needs like eating and sleeping, where he lives exactly and what his purpose is in relation to keeping humanity in-check. Thanks everyone!

Both Jesus and Paul teach all who the true God is= the Father alone-John 4:22-24, 1Corinthians 8:5-6-- God is a spirit. No one knows what he looks like. He lives in heaven.
Old 20-02-2022, 01:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Both Jesus and Paul teach all who the true God is= the Father alone-John 4:22-24, 1Corinthians 8:5-6-- God is a spirit. No one knows what he looks like. He lives in heaven.

Which Heaven, there are many? I know that even the highest Heaven can not contain God so how can God live in heaven? You can start using your own power of understanding to seek more of God than to believe without questioning what others say for what you say it is not biblical but merely an opinion.

I remember one verse that says Jesus ascended higher than all the heavens, so according to your own words, Jesus reached a place even higher than the place where God resides, but that does not make Jesus one with God?

The heavens are spiritual, right, we have the material world, the spiritual world and what is higher than this? In my opininion, the everythingness of all things be it material or spiritual, it even says, in order to fill all things, but what does this even mean? The Mind of Christ filling all human beings and not only, which means reaching maybe the highest consciousness that there is, apart from God, where one maintains his/her individuality while being one with God.
Old 20-02-2022, 01:59 AM
Master
We have books telling us what/who God is.
We have inspirations and we may have a personal rudimentary understanding of what God is. Like Love and divine Justice, I would say.
And then there is God in truth, way out there. What are we but perhaps instruments of God's Light?
The deeper we go into our hearts/God the more fantastic God is. I am nothing but yet God loves me, how great is that! As I see it...
Old 20-02-2022, 02:00 AM
PureEvil760

God is simply reality.
Old 20-02-2022, 11:06 AM
Seeker

When I was a child I alwalys dream the journey of Jesus. When he ascended we came in place surrounded by sunset colors, I try to touch the wall because it is seethrough, I thought that my hand will go through but it didnt. All the things are sunset colored energies. Then we go to a dining room, we saw God there sitting. When I see him I said that he was supposed to be older because he was the father of Jesus(I was tactless child). Then God turn into a older man, then into a sunlike appearance. Even the food are energy. God's voice is monotone(sorry that was it sound like).
Old 21-02-2022, 07:18 PM
Experiencer

[quote=ThatMan]Which Heaven, there are many? I know that even the highest Heaven can not contain God so how can God live in heaven? You can start using your own power of understanding to seek more of God than to believe without questioning what others say for what you say it is not biblical but merely an opinion

In the beginning God created the heavens and earth--See heavens.
1) our atmosphere.
2) outer space
3 Gods dwelling place.
Elijah was brought through our atmosphere( referred to as heaven) in the chariot event and retired as prophet, Elisha took over.. 10 years later Elijah wrote a letter to the king-2Chronicles 21:12-15
Old 21-02-2022, 08:50 PM
Master

@keiw1 Except that I do not talk about the sky but about spiritual heavens, Paul visited the third one, in Judaism there's a belief that there are 7 heavens. I suspect that there are at least three. God is in the highest and also everywhere but this is my understanding, Jesus went even beyond the highest heaven, quite amazing!!
Old 21-02-2022, 09:57 PM
jaminhealth

What works for me, is adding another O to God and we get GOOD.
Old 21-02-2022, 10:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureEvil760
God is simply reality.

I think along those lines. God is everything. We are in God and of God.