Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Thanks! That makes so much sense with what I've learned. You've given me a quest - to see if I can feel the trees...there are a few areas around me that are older than others. I feel it will be an interesting experience.

The older the Tree the better.You will definetly feel their Energy but it may take a few visits for you to really entrain to their Energy,but just by sitting down next to it for 20 mins is very healing or if you really want to go all the way you hug it .

They take our carbon dioxide and give us oxygen but thats just the physical side to our relationship with them,they take our slow dense Energy and give us fast fresh Energy....Enjoy them
Old 31-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Joeseph,

You should want happiness, that's "you" connecting to who you really are.

Your Spirit is an Energetic Being of Bliss and Love.
The chakra system is the link between physical and spiritual and when its clean and clear, Spirit comes in and makes a better connection...the result is feeling Spirit/your true self......BLISS
Old 31-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Master

Oh, one more thing I wanted to mention - Tone set the tone, and it was a good tone, and while I am waiting for the sun to warm things up a bit in my neck of the woods...

there is a concept that my daughter and the Universe taught me and I thought I'd share it. Maybe it won't apply to you, maybe it will, but it is what her guides call *lashback*.

when I come to a new realization in my life (in my case, it was dealing differently with rejection and finding a new pattern of behavior when I encounter rejection) the Universe gives quizzes. They call them *lashback*. So, here's how it goes. Ah, yes, you have found a new way to handle things. Good for you, here it is again. Now, handle it! The Universe will bring you that thing you decided you could handle, to test you to see if you choose left or right again. It personally took me a day to figure out that I had chosen the same pattern I always chose, again. But at least I realized that I had chose the old way of thinking. So when it came around again, I literally got a *pause* - life paused, just for one or two seconds. I Noticed the Pause. I Noticed I got a choice in that pause - to go right again, like I always did, or I could try left (which at that point was anything but right again - I could make it up as I went, as long as I didn't choose right ~ which for me was, that person that I felt was rejecting me got a blank stare, and got put on ignore, and then thoughts of rejection would spin me again ~~ same ol, same ol).

But when I realized I got a Pause, and I recognized the Pause, and I chose the opposite of what I always did, I felt such relief.

So just saying, if you were in Joy about something, and now you are not, try to trace your steps backwards and see if you chose right again. And see if you get a *Pause* the next time. And there will be a next time..

And yeah, the sun just came out!
Old 31-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Enya

Nameless, I love your posting about recognising the Pause. I discovered true Joy last year and am doing my best to live it, to act with joy instead of react with fear. I kinda lost it for a while but regained my connection this past week. I was confronted with a real rejection challenge a few weeks ago and feel I passed it with flying colours. In a situation where once I would have hidden behind panic and self-doubt, I calmly recognised what was happening and sat in my inner confidence that I AM damn good at what I do and had not made a mistake.

When the Universe provides a chance to re-tackle an old pattern, it's wonderful to seize it and understand just how far you've come...

And in answer to the OP... bliss is always there... it's just buried under a whole loada ****. *wink*
Old 31-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
...the result is feeling Spirit/your true self......BLISS

The ole anand or ananda means bliss...
Sat chit anand =Truth is the consciousness of bliss.

Remember Swami Satchitananda? Great guy.

I say all this bec some people see this ananda word on Guru names and wanted them to know
it meant bliss...those Eastern people knew about bliss way before us Westerners.

Nameless, I found an hour and a half DVD of Abraham-Hicks at Goodwill for $4!!!! I've played it 8xs already...all about 'the astounding power of emotions'
in Albequ, NM....the title of her book.
Amazing, if anyone ever thought it was just Ester speaking, this DVD would end that.

Joseph, been listening to any Abraham-Hicks? Oh boy, I highly recommend it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Knower

Thanks for all of the responses. Ms. H, I would love to hear your story, when you have time.

Nameless, that is a great idea that you have about raising vibrations. I definitely will try it. It is off-topic, but if you do not mind me asking, where approximately in the world do you live?

What you said about you having shingles resonated with me. Whenever I face any sort of outside stressor, I seem to just shut down. For example, when I am sick, I just sort of get angry with the world and am able to focus on nothing aside from my physical discomfort. It, of course, is a choice as to how I deal with the situation.

It definitely makes sense that a person who is willing to accept depression as a way of being is going to manifest that in his or her life. I believe that our "true" selves - our higher selves - the complete part of our being, as exists in heaven - is a person that experiences nothing aside from bliss. This person treats others only with love. I feel that I should not allow myself to live a moment of my life in any other way than what I just described. Although, these are just words. When it actually comes down to it, it is easier said than done.

The situations that you described, in which the universe is testing us, happen to me often. The circumstances in which I sometimes find myself are often so perfect for learning, so obviously a test, and so unlikely, that I actually find them funny.
Old 31-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Master

Miss H - I found Ask and it is Given at Goodwill - and i knew when I left the house it would be there...was the best $2.00 I ever spent!!

Joseph - I live in California and finally we are having Spring here. This is the first year in about 10 or so years that the weather has finally gotten back to normal. We have been having el nino's and el nina's and it has been really strange, but now it feels finally back to normal, and it is a beautiful spring day.

And I know what you are saying about funny...no one could make this stuff up.

thanks Barry about the tree. I did commune with the one in my backyard, and did feel a connection, but its just a beginning.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 AM
Master
Bliss can be the greatest desire and desire can be the greatest suffering.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Deactivated Account
The topic of bliss still confuses me. It seems like the word means different things to different people. So I'll mention mine and hope it helps.

In my experience it doesn't seem to have much to do with emotions. For me it is like a river of intoxication making me feel well and content. It seems to drawn out thoughts, the concern of a thought harming me, and tbe drama that is going on to a degree. It doesnt seem to be an imunity towards those things. But the intoxication is always there while those other things are existing. So that's what bliss is to me.

In my experience it was the releasing of emotions, letting go of some idealogys, habitual meditation and finding more and more about myself with less and less judgement. Along the journey I met people that helped me along the way. I tryed to take whatever seemed to help me and leave behind what wouldn't.

I don't know where I am on my journey as far as anything goes. I do feel I'm much further along than where I started. I don't know if any of my experience is helpful to you. But I wish you lots of luck on yours!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Master

I was reading the OP but haven't read all the posts here. The dark night of the soul I think is simply a part of the clearing process. In order to reach higher states of consciousness you'll be letting go of some old baggage and having emotional releases. I think it's safe to say people don't enjoy this part. I went through a big purge a few years ago.

But since then I have started experiencing what I would term as bliss. It happens here and there, not all the time for me. I am still in the beginning stages. I expect it to continue to increase as it has done so thus far moving from minutes to hours at a time to a day at a time when I get it. So it does happen.

I would describe it as Running does in the post before mine. My life is still the same, I'm still doing the same things but I feel very good and don't mind anything. One day in particular I recall that everything was wonderful. The jobs I usually didn't like to do were now somehow beautiful! I wondered to myself if this was where all of humanity is heading. I think so.