Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 07-06-2012, 10:48 PM
MRDazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
And sleepy, cos the pills make you dopey that you get from the doc, when they're meant to make you happy and you feel a bit bashful cos you get grumpy to everyone and don't know what's worse, being sneezy or grumpy,,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

CLEVER!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of the old Jefferson Airplane song.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Well, (to be serious folks), as we age we need more vitamins and minerals. The key one that addresses irritability are the B vitamins. Have you considered taking a Vit B complex? (Yeast free ones if you have a yeast related condition). Vitamin B is known to be a nerve tonic.

No I have not, Thankyou fot the afvice...I do take some solace incidentally from the knowledge that it is not only me afflicted thusly. Many folks...in the grey hair stage of life seem to become cantankerous, cumudgeonly and generally speaking grumpy I have identified this to be something of trait now emerging in me , so maybe it's both normal and acceptable...but as you can imagine,,being grumpy sometimes makes me a bit grumpy the joi de vivre slips away and gets replaced by a degree of jadedness and general cynicism.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
the joi de vivre slips away and gets replaced by a degree of jadedness and general cynicism.

then, we need to find your " joi de vivre "

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 07-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDazzle
CLEVER!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of the old Jefferson Airplane song.

You've got me all stages 5 & 6 now,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 14-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile Silver Bullet yes permanent no.

Neville, Grumpy can be a resultant of one or more factors.

1) Food sometimes helps as it will sometimes give a near immediate energy boost to our biology/soul.

2) circumstances can lead to frustration ergo grumpy reaction to circumstances, so, a change of circumstances often will help.

3) if food or change of circumstances do not relieve grumpies, then there are other alternatives ex, ingestion of some medications offer relief.

4) animals are used to better spirits of people in hospital recovering from whatever. Young animals are just so cute....adorable

All of these are temporary "Silver Bullets". imho i.e. none are permanent cure.

Studies done on people who win the lottery big time, have found that, for the first year there is considerable increase of euphoria, but after that first year most or all of the subjects went back to same ole emotional states of day to day life.

Rybo the Rybot
Old 14-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Master
Hi Neville,

Looking upon my own state of "grumpiness" and what may bring it on.

If I'm tired, tend not to be as patient with others.

A little frustrated with something going on in my life and trying to find a resolution to it.

If someone is doing something I find annoying and won't stop, even after being asked to do so.

Yes, at times feeling like being treated as though my in put does not matter.

Now it is not always a state of "grumpiness" will happen. At times I can recognize I am tired and stay silent or just say "I'm tired today and don't much like getting into it"

Patience for things to work themselves out. Do my best and perhaps somethings I can not do anything about.

Perhaps I was heard, but the other didn't want the advice or wants to be in charge. Let them take the load then.

There is always the option to ignore as well.

Let it come and try and find enjoyment through it. Do the best not project onto others, IMO, unless the other feels the need to provoke it, then either ignore or engage.

I think we all can get the case of grumpy at times.

Well there are my thoughts on it.

Personal note: on here I enjoy your insights, outlooks, and humanity.
Old 14-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Master
Is there are cure for being Grumpy..

Love yourself as is, grumpy old fart and all. Feel it, I mean.

Xan

Old 14-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Master
the joi de vivre slips away and gets replaced by a degree of jadedness and general cynicism.

This isn't happening for me, Neville, although I'm in the grandma generation. I figure it's the inner heart love.

Xan

Old 14-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Neville

Moonglow,

I agree..fatigue of a kind has a lot to do with my (mild I hope)grumpyness sometimes.

I do get into the fixed mind set of "Look, I have explained it as clearly as I can.Why are you not getting it?"..."I'm trying to help you but you are not open to that help at all" type of scenario that you mention. I need to ask in prayers for patience and understanding in that regard certainly. Because in my heart I know for sure that many different perspectives exist and what is transparent to me could be opaque to someone else.

So in making allowances like this, the patience fails me at some short distance into the conversation to such a point now that its back to the above mentioned "Look, I have explained it as clearly as I can.Why are you not getting it?"..."I'm trying to help you but you are not open to that help at all" type of scenario .

I suppose theres a middle ground somewhere

Rybo,

Thank you for your recommended quick fixes..the distraction alone can sometimes do the trick...Knowing when to accept that my current mental activity is going nowhere fast is, or should be as good an indicator as any that I should be moving on to something else to think about. As opposed to dwelling on the matter and labouring it.

Xan,

Thanks for the multiple choice response, I accept the first one, especially as the first reasponse is usually the instinct and inspiration.

Quote:
Love yourself as is, grumpy old fart and all. Feel it, I mean.

In response to your second observation, and as Much as I dislike acknowledging the apparent evidence... Nannas are by and large, wonderful and loving. You hardly ever come across or encounter a grumpy old women..Grumpy old Men , however...

Is it a gender thing possibly ? IDK.
Old 14-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile Little and Big Bangs

Quote:
Neville] Nannas are by and large, wonderful and loving. You hardly ever come across or encounter a grumpy old women..Grumpy old Men , however...
Is it a gender thing possibly ? IDK.

Women cry, men fry.

Crying, laughing etc are emtional releases and women tend to not hold onto i.e. they like to talk about it and get it out.

Men tend to talk a about it less ergo do not resolve it ergo the tension/armor builds over time--- frying instead of crying ---until they explode.

Women explode also but more frequently.

Universes releases energy in two ways;

1) lots of little bangs ergo higher frequency over period of time,

2) fewer but bigger bangs over longer period of time.

Another saying from Fuller, I recall verbatim.

Rybo the Rybot