Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Now you've got my attention!!!

Could you expound and help me out here?
You know I'm serious - I'm nothing if not a student...
Yes we must go within and discover what love is, for there and only there will you truly know what love is, love isn't something to be gained, or to be found, love is who you truly are, you are the Source of love, there is only One Source, so, your love and mine are the same, I can truly say that I love you, because I know you, i experience you, do you see ?.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
But, that's what i was saying, if you read what i have said you will see that i was saying exactly that.
You are not getting what I am saying either Robert ... there is a 'not so subtle' difference ... I'll leave it there, the learning moment has expired hahaha
Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
You are not getting what I am saying either Robert ... there is a 'not so subtle' difference ... I'll leave it there, the learning moment has expired hahaha
Ok then, but i love you, he he.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:16 AM
rsingh

What does it mean to Love? Meaning you give to Love is dependent on your state of consciosness. Love is a feeling and if you have not experienced this feeling then you may not realy understand what it means. Conceptualy it can be described as bond of oneness. Degree of love can vary from "acceptance of an object to be as it is" to "be one with it". "To serve or to give without expecting anything in return " can also be described as love. But if you expect something in return to your service then it is not love, then it is a bargain or business. God is described as Love because it unites everything that exists. Human ego makes it diffecult to love. Actualy human beings are combination of form and formless or love. So humans have a capacity to love and at the same time have capacity to analyze. Love unites and it arises from formless or life. Mind divides and leads to differentiation of everything that if perceives. Eventhough mind and life are opposing functions, they exist simultanously at the same place in human beings. If we are living predominantly from mind then we have less capability to love. This is the case with most of humanity. If we are living our life predominantly from life or formless then we are more capable to love. If we are living from formless then mind becomes the servant of formless and is not much of a problem. Otherwise mind moves our life between pleasure and pain. Actually more of pain than pleasure. It is little pleasure or hope of pleasure that keeps us going. Some persons have love in one aspect of their life and they can achieve great fame in those aspects of their life. It is usually found in artists such as painters, singers etc.

Love is life. Love is God. Love is foundation of life. Love is all that is. We can describe love in so many ways.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:19 AM
I have started threads myself where I have asked people what they themselves felt about something with no quotes please -so I get it.
It's just that that Bible verse IS what love means to me.

Now, I'm rested from last night more and I will say --- love is AMAZING...
you could hurt me - forget my birthday every year- two time me - walk out on me, drag me metapghorically thru the coals --- and in the end I would still love you...

(Now a therapist might say I was co-dependent -
I would say, "You have never loved Mr. Therapist.")

Love makes no sense to me ---it just IS ---It is an Entity in and of Itself.

To enter the domain of True Pristine Love is to enter into Illogic ...sp?

I have loved this way and it drives me nuts - to love no matter WHAT!
There are NO Fools in love...the fool is the one that has no love or never loves,
that has pride.
There is NO pride in love, to love you are always the Winner -
the one that does not love is the loser.

AND that is still Human Love ---we haven't even touched upon Divine Love!

Or maybe I have. Ha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
..... love is who you truly are, you are the Source of love, there is only One Source, so, your love and mine are the same, I can truly say that I love you, because I know you, i experience you, do you see ?.
More, please...start from there....

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Master
1 Corinthians 13

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, but have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up;

5doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth. But whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; but then shall I know, even as also I am known.

13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Was this the chapter you were after Miss Hepburn ?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
More, please...start from there....
Well really if i keep going on about love, then i am going further away from love, so its all up to you now lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh

Love is life..... Love is all that is.

Could you talk a bit more on this: Love is life.
And: love is all that is...

Thank you.

( I would say Life is an expression of Love.
I would say love is behind all that is- but there are aspects of the All
that do not appear to be loving in the least.

Just to give you something to work with...)

Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Ah, now I can google 1 Cor 13, thanks
I will simply post this:

4 Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind;
love has no envy;
love has no high opinion of itself,
love has no pride;
5 Love's ways are ever fair, it takes no thought for itself;
it is not quickly made angry, it takes no account of evil;
6 It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true;
7 Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things,
hoping all things