Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
It is a parents duty to protect their children, and teach them virtue, so if you oppose this as an alternative teaching than take it up with God, as they (children) may not have the ability to distinguish between reality and fantasy, right and wrong, or good and evil... becoming desensitized to occultic lifestyles. Tolerance isn't accepting everything that comes along our (families) way.

Yes, you protect your children by steering them away from things that can hurt them. Things like fire, strangers, cliffs, busy streets, broken glass, online predators, drugs, smoking, alcohol, promiscuity, etc.

What exactly is dangerous about Harry Potter? What, in your mind, is going to happen to a child who likes to read such 'evil' books? Are they going to start smoking crack? What do you think should be done with all these Satanic publications, since they are clearly so dangerous to children?
Old 17-11-2011, 08:00 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Yes, you protect your children by steering them away from things that can hurt them. Things like fire, strangers, cliffs, busy streets, broken glass, online predators, drugs, smoking, alcohol, promiscuity, etc.

What exactly is dangerous about Harry Potter? What, in your mind, is going to happen to a child who likes to read such 'evil' books? Are they going to start smoking crack? What do you think should be done with all these Satanic publications, since they are clearly so dangerous to children?

What's so dangerous about staring into a crystal ball? Lets find out! Let's consult the laws of the U.S. and others... with an understanding that there are clear lines drawn between fact and fantasy...
Old 17-11-2011, 08:44 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Under New York State law, S 165.35:

A person is guilty of fortune telling when, for a fee or compensation which he directly or indirectly solicits or receives, he claims or pretends to tell fortunes, or holds himself out as being able, by claimed or pretended use of occult powers, to answer questions or give advice on personal matters or to exercise, influence or affect evil spirits or curses; except that this section does not apply to a person who engages in the aforedescribed conduct as part of a show or exhibition solely for the purpose of entertainment or amusement.[16]

I'm waiting for a response from a lawyer; a site that gives free information about this question in regards to U.S. laws. When I receive the response I'll post it.
Old 17-11-2011, 09:04 PM
nightowl

Quote:
the “interpretation” of an assumed influence

I find it interesting that when the word 'interpretation' is applied to any alternative spiritual/religious thought it becomes like a 'dirty word', a word that should almost be taken with a grain of salt...but when applied to Christian Theology it is considered viable to support their views. It would serve us all to remember that all spiritual/religious thought and theology is based on the 'interpretation' of experiences or teachings. The New Testament is just a re-interpretation of the Old Testament, and doesn't even line up with what Judaism teaches. 'Interpretation', huh, it is a funny little word that needs to be left up to interpretation...
Old 17-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Master

Quote:
I'm waiting for a response from a lawyer; a site that gives free information about this question in regards to U.S. laws. When I receive the response I'll post it.
So why not tell children to watch out for scam artists who use our healthy fascination with magic and crystal balls against us?

Just like you'd teach children to watch out for strangers offering candy. You don't tell the child that candy is from Satan just because some people use it to abduct children.

Are you sure that you don't think Harry Potter leads to crack? It sounds like you think it's evil, but you still haven't explained how it hurts children.
Old 17-11-2011, 09:10 PM
TeeHee

Yes, lets see how viable it is to a thread stating that, "Jesus is not God," by a medium, who holds to her claims by channeling Jesus Christ. And even, "indirectly" has a donation box for your convenience on their website. --How you like me now?
Old 17-11-2011, 09:45 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Yes, lets see how viable it is to a thread stating that, "Jesus is not God," by a medium, who holds to her claims by channeling Jesus Christ. And even, "indirectly" has a donation box for your convenience on their website. --How you like me now?

There are just as many threads and websites out there that make claims that they are prophets or healers of God who ask for donations as well. Christianity is on the same band wagon as many others alternative belief systems they all can be prostituted and have been for years. Jesus was angered if I remember correctly when vendors were seeking profits in God's house and in His name, it is no different today they are still doing the same things.
Old 17-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
So why not tell children to watch out for scam artists who use our healthy fascination with magic and crystal balls against us?

Just like you'd teach children to watch out for strangers offering candy. You don't tell the child that candy is from Satan just because some people use it to abduct children.

Are you sure that you don't think Harry Potter leads to crack? It sounds like you think it's evil, but you still haven't explained how it hurts children.

Seawolf,

He will not answer your questions directly.
There are posts, from exceptional people, like Mattie, who have challenged his views, and he did not even make the time to compose a response.

I would not waste my time, trying to get a straight answer, from such an individual.

He is very much, like the many religious fundamentalists, cloaked in piles of scripture, while inwardly, concealing a very dark and malignant nature. A symptom, of their profound unhappiness, which surfaces as a need to spread negativity and upset the balance, in others.

He is the very thing, that his scripture, preaches against. I'm sure he's well aware of that. And that must compound, to his unhappiness. Trying to follow a Christian way of life, while harboring great disharmony within.

"It burns, because you're wicked." - John Leguizamo
Old 17-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLove
Seawolf,

He will not answer your questions directly.
There are posts, from exceptional people, like Mattie, who have challenged his views, and he did not even make the time to compose a response.
Hi DivineLove!

That's too bad because I wanted to know. I think if something is supposed to be harmful to children, you should at least be able to explain why. Like if you were against football, you could argue that kids get injured. But I haven't heard a reason why Harry Potter books are harmful, just that 'they are'.
Old 17-11-2011, 10:56 PM
TeeHee

There are a few on the ol' ignore list that don't take the message well. For FYI, two that posted above you SeaWolf. So I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't forward their message. Or I'll be adding you to the ignore list when done intentionally. The Administrators and moderators of this forum had provided this great feature, and I think that working around this feature goes against their defense for others.

Lastly to touch on the subject that I last posted, in regards to the laws, or as some are going against them. If you're attempting to argue against the law than I suppose you should do so in that field of enforcement. To explain to you why we should enforce the laws or see them for our protection is much like explaining to a child why we should wear a seat belt or helmet while riding along in a motor vehicle. The obvious to me isn't so much to you.

The laws state the difference between false and true religion and faith. Our laws are based around the freedom to practice religion, yes, (as some point the way to activities committed against the laws and use the rationality that two wrongs make a right), although it takes into account false practices. I suppose that we no longer burn them at the good ol' post, as some would assume or probably like to direct in an argument, but it is nice that the laws are looking out for the gullible, and for those who do not practice sound Christian teachings, that there is no other way than Jesus Christ. And I say that boldly.

Furthermore, regardless of a felony or misdemeanor, one’s virtue and consideration for our governing authorities will take place in this discussion (if it continues), and what sparked it initially was the question if we are to take seriously things such as astrology, after all the Bible says that God created the stars and they became visible (constellations) and makes many references to them throughout the book of Job. My argument is that horoscopes and mediumship, and witchcraft whether they be foretelling one’s future is illegal. And that includes going against the fate of men who put their faith in Jesus Christ, when given by "fortune tellers" for any reasons other than entertainment.

Last edited by TeeHee : 18-11-2011 at 12:36 AM.