Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Knower
Gem, thank you for your replies :)

I always retain a sense of myself when thinking of the experiences I've been through, with my enquiring mind analysing what I can to learn and find value in any given experience. Particularly the meditation experience, being that I intend to make connection to spirit during these moments of disconnecting with my physical self to experience more of my spiritual one. This being said, I understand the relationship between letting go of all thoughts for meditation... I later analyse what takes place, not during.

It is lovely to hear both cynical references and spirit references, and then I must take my own feelings on the matter into account and ask myself what it is to me.

I thank you for taking the time to reply :) I will be happy to experience more itchy ears and whatever else ;)
Old 19-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by arto
Gem, thank you for your replies :)

I always retain a sense of myself when thinking of the experiences I've been through, with my enquiring mind analysing what I can to learn and find value in any given experience. Particularly the meditation experience, being that I intend to make connection to spirit during these moments of disconnecting with my physical self to experience more of my spiritual one. This being said, I understand the relationship between letting go of all thoughts for meditation... I later analyse what takes place, not during.

It is lovely to hear both cynical references and spirit references, and then I must take my own feelings on the matter into account and ask myself what it is to me.

I thank you for taking the time to reply :) I will be happy to experience more itchy ears and whatever else ;)

People often say I'm cynical, but I'm not, and I'm not poo pooing the idea that there are ghosts or spirits.

I think something of a prayer before and something of a loving gratitude after meditation can help create a good mindframe, but silence within and during.

In this regard, all I'm saying is raising expections about what the itch (or any other)sensation 'might be' distracts attention from 'what it is'... something changing.
Old 19-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Knower
I agree, but I think its important to analyse after the fact too :) as I specifically am on this path to better connect with spirit, it would be arrogant to dismiss all signs, some of them may be more than nothing
Old 19-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
I agree, but I think its important to analyse after the fact too :) as I specifically am on this path to better connect with spirit, it would be arrogant to dismiss all signs, some of them may be more than nothing

I don't understand what you mean by 'connect with spirit', and I think it's probable that means different things to different people.

I think meditation is the silent inquiry as to the truth of your nature.

I remember reading Ramana, and he expressed a story which went : on a movie screen objects appear and move and tell the story, but beneath the images the screen remains constant. (something like that).
Old 19-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Knower
I mean to say that by raising my vibration, including by meditating, I have found it possible to receive more messages and thus communication from loved ones and spirit in general whom confirms for me that I am connecting.

I have no idea what your belief system entails but mine is still developing, and right now I am enjoying connecting to loved ones and friends on the other side.

Whether you believe it is true for you or even for me is not really the point, it is my experience and I don't seek to change anyone elses mind I merely started this thread in order to ask what experiences I might have in common with another person on the same path, and thankfully I discovered I wouldn't be alone if that was indeed an experience created to have me take notice of my spiritual connection, and confirm the path I'm on.
Old 19-10-2011, 10:33 AM
AngelSpirit

I agree with medium Laura, I also get an itchy ear, for me I know that I am not hearing something. I also get the buzzing around me, it is the energy built up by the group. I also have found myself on many occasions actually hearing a message in my mind before another medium channels the message. In a group meditation it is usual practise to build up the energy with group effort for maximum spirit contact.
Love and Light Angel Spirit
Old 19-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
I mean to say that by raising my vibration, including by meditating, I have found it possible to receive more messages and thus communication from loved ones and spirit in general whom confirms for me that I am connecting.

I agree, the meditation hones perception to notice much more subtle things.

Quote:
I have no idea what your belief system entails but mine is still developing, and right now I am enjoying connecting to loved ones and friends on the other side.

Whether you believe it is true for you or even for me is not really the point, it is my experience and I don't seek to change anyone elses mind.

Ditto. My belief is each one is within the context of their particular experience, and each one will be different, so I try to be careful not to make suggestions that influence or tempt anyone.

Quote:
I merely started this thread in order to ask what experiences I might have in common with another person on the same path, and thankfully I discovered I wouldn't be alone if that was indeed an experience created to have me take notice of my spiritual connection, and confirm the path I'm on.

OK... I'm only adding whatever experience comes will also pass.