Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Master
there is great advice here. Becoming acquainted with your anger and forgiving it, is something that works for me as well. But ah, anger, negativity and hostility when encountered from others is my struggle. In my work, I sometimes meet people who are openly hostile, or are carrying such negativity that makes me want to recoil. I find it very draining, and it can affect my performance, my confidence.
Old 13-07-2011, 02:32 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
Hi

Something has happened that has made me VERY angry. It happened last night and I am still seething. I made a very minimal phone call to try and stop it happening again but the scorpio in me REALLY wants to lash out... all kinds of scenarios running through my head of e-mails I could send, phone calls I could make, (non-violent) things I could do to show this person how furious I am.... but I know if I do any of it it will make the situation worse and I will cop the karma.

I meant to put Holly BFR in my water bottle today but forgot... somehow I have to shift this seething boiling anger and let it go...

Anyone got any hints??
Usually there is an underlying emotion before anger sets in. It may happen so drastically that you may not realize that underlying feeling. I do not know. But after an anger spurt, once you are calm you can look back to the time you got angry and ask yourself why did I feel angry? The deeper you look into it, the more answers you might receive. A coping skill for emotions, is to observe them. I observe my thoughts, emotions, and actions. You will really get down to the fundamental core issue of your issues by doing so. Awareness is key. Self awareness of thoughts, what trigger the anger, and emotions. Usually your bodys emotions is your bodys reaction to what your mind is thinking. By observing your thoughts, you will get down to the core thought processes compulsive thinking. When you observe your thoughts you do not become a part of them. It has helped me out tremendously. I think everyone could be their own psychologist by observing thoughts, emotions, and actions.
Old 14-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Master
moke..cheers...it doesn't always work that way. I understand what your saying and appreciate it...but its not always the case. Sometimes, due to circumstances, we feel emotional charge. Its spontaneous and needs to be dealth with in that moment. There's very little time to follow through with your suggestions...perhaps later when one has the available time. But in the moment, one has to deal with it as it presents.

I am dealing with this at the moment and it requires an immediate response. We can only do the best in each moment. cheers again.
Old 14-07-2011, 01:24 PM
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
Hi

Something has happened that has made me VERY angry. It happened last night and I am still seething. I made a very minimal phone call to try and stop it happening again but the scorpio in me REALLY wants to lash out... all kinds of scenarios running through my head of e-mails I could send, phone calls I could make, (non-violent) things I could do to show this person how furious I am.... but I know if I do any of it it will make the situation worse and I will cop the karma.

I meant to put Holly BFR in my water bottle today but forgot... somehow I have to shift this seething boiling anger and let it go...

Anyone got any hints??

Take advantage of the power of anger by transmuting it to your and others' advantage. Acknowledge it as anger-energy and then think how best that energy can be used up. For instance, if you want to lose weight or get fit, that energy could be best used up in going for a run; if you're behind with your chores the energy can be used up working through them; if you feel passionately about a cause, use that energy working for the cause. Use up the energy with good intention and good results will follow!
Old 14-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes
Take advantage of the power of anger by transmuting it to your and others' advantage. Acknowledge it as anger-energy and then think how best that energy can be used up. For instance, if you want to lose weight or get fit, that energy could be best used up in going for a run; if you're behind with your chores the energy can be used up working through them; if you feel passionately about a cause, use that energy working for the cause. Use up the energy with good intention and good results will follow!

makes a LOT of sense
Old 14-07-2011, 02:05 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
moke..cheers...it doesn't always work that way. I understand what your saying and appreciate it...but its not always the case. Sometimes, due to circumstances, we feel emotional charge. Its spontaneous and needs to be dealth with in that moment. There's very little time to follow through with your suggestions...perhaps later when one has the available time. But in the moment, one has to deal with it as it presents.

I am dealing with this at the moment and it requires an immediate response. We can only do the best in each moment. cheers again.
It's that 'fight' or 'flight' response you are getting I think. I do not know how to help you if it just happens on the drop of a hat. I mean I could, but it could be caused by past experiences. I used to get angry on the switch of a button. Over time I learned it was compulsive behavior. I learned how to get past it.
Old 14-07-2011, 02:23 PM
SerpentQueen

I found this article about anger to be exceptionally good:

http://www.realitysandwich.com/node/61127
Old 14-07-2011, 02:28 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
It's that 'fight' or 'flight' response you are getting I think.

Acting on one's anger is not always a bad thing to do. There is such a thing as "righteous" anger. I don't like that word though, but I use it because I figure people will more easily understand what I'm getting at.

When one acts on righteous anger, you can tell, because there is neither a fight OR a flight response. Only swift and directed action from a calm mind. Once the action has been taken, there is no holding on to the anger; the trespasser has already been forgiven. The action's intent was not to correct the person or point out their wrong - it was to correct the injustice done.

For those who are Christians, there are examples in the Bible of Jesus acting on righteous anger.