Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Blanket

Okay...well I think I'm just going to stop talking about all of this because it;s becoming clear to me that people are getting a little frustrated with me and that wasn't my intention at all. I was just looking for some help..

Plus, talking about all of this obviously isn't going to get me to calm down so I might as well just suck it up and live how I live..which is in great fear unfortunately ... :(

Thank you all for replying to my threads though, you have been so nice, thank you :) :) :)
Old 17-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanket
I did ask the spirit to identify himself and he did it..but the problem is, he claimed to be someone who died and the Bible teaches that the dead don't come back to life. If a spirit claims to be someone who died, then they're actually a demon or some other kind of negative force.

It seems to me that there's the crux of your problem. If you're stuck believing that everything in the Bible is correct, then you'll be stuck on a dogmatic hamster wheel on this and many other spiritual/psychic things. You'll have to let go of this idea to grow past it.
Old 17-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Bluegreen

Quote:
That's just the thing though. I did ask the spirit to identify himself and he did it..but the problem is, he claimed to be someone who died and the Bible teaches that the dead don't come back to life . If a spirit claims to be someone who died, then they're actually a demon or some other kind of negative force. :(
There are even some Christians who I came across who basically said in so many words that they were psychic. Of course they didn't come out and say the word "psychic" but that's what they meant. I don't know...Christianity and the Bible just don't make sense to me, yet I do believe in it and I'm also terrified of it..
:(

When I was young I went to a school with the Bible. Even at that age I felt the god of the Old Testament to be a cruel and unjust god. I was not scared for I was convinced that God was all loving. Much later I understood that the Bible stories should not be taken literally.

I am not sure if you will understand what this psychic said:
Quote:
If the 'god' is not wiser, kinder etc than you are, he is a false god ... Therefore do not be deluded. It is no excuse to say 'I believed'--for if you had drawn on your own experience and not buried it under the rug, you could not have believed...

The person who said to ask a spirit to identify itself also said that the bad ones will refuse to do so.

Some wise advice has been given you in this thread. Listen to it.
Love must always be the criterion.
Old 17-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
It seems to me that there's the crux of your problem. If you're stuck believing that everything in the Bible is correct, then you'll be stuck on a dogmatic hamster wheel on this and many other spiritual/psychic things. You'll have to let go of this idea to grow past it.
Great words Triner, this is also what I have discovered from my days of being a Christian, but gladly i have moved on to higher things in Spirit.
Old 18-05-2011, 12:31 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Somebody who I loved a lot died and one day, I was looking at a picture of them and I decided to sing to their picture. I know this might sound weird or crazy but I just did it just to kind of vent in a way because I miss this person a lot.
Anyways, as I was singing to their picture, my whole body started to tremble and I noticed that my ring finger in particular trembled a lot . I didn't feel like I was being possessed or anything, I just felt like my body was reacting to something but I'm not quite sure what..
When animals have encountered and survived a stressful situation they release the energetic remnants by shaking, trembling and similar body reactions.
We humans see such a behavior as a weakness and do our utmost to fight it, i.e to stop it. The result is that the energies and with it the emotional content get stuck in our bodies.
There are exercises, like those punted by Dr Bercelli, which are able to start the energy releasing trembling processes and in that way dissipate trauma from way past.

IMO, the photo and the vibrations from singing worked in a similar way, starting a process of releasing emotional residue connected to your loss.

Blessings
Old 18-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
When animals have encountered and survived a stressful situation they release the energetic remnants by shaking, trembling and similar body reactions.
We humans see such a behavior as a weakness and do our utmost to fight it, i.e to stop it. The result is that the energies and with it the emotional content get stuck in our bodies.
There are exercises, like those punted by Dr Bercelli, which are able to start the energy releasing trembling processes and in that way dissipate trauma from way past.

IMO, the photo and the vibrations from singing worked in a similar way, starting a process of releasing emotional residue connected to your loss.

Blessings

Thank you for the insight that you provided! (:
However, when I started to shake, it seemed as if the person's picture actually started to look different like..I can't explain it. It was as if their picture was coming alive...like they could actually see me. Sorry, I know this sounds weird but please don't judge me because this is the best way that I know how to explain it :(
This in particular person always hit me like that period...not the shaking and stuff, I'm talking about the look in their eyes...they have this look in their eyes that always seems to come alive when I look at pictures of them...it's almost as if the person isn't dead at all...I don't know, it's very weird.

Whenever I look at pictures of this person, their eyes seem to look through me all the way to the core. I know it's just a picture and I don't think pictures come alive because I'm not crazy lol. That's just what it seemed like...what it felt like..

One time when I was looking at this person's picture, my eyes started to feel really tired in a meditation type of way. You know how sometimes you feel tired in a certain way when you meditate? Well, that's how it felt..
Old 18-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn

Blessings

Ty for sharing that info, it helps.

Old 18-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Blanket

One of my main problems is that the dead person who I loved a lot just so happens to look like me in a way this is not physical, it is spiritual . When I was visited an in particular spirit, this spirit looked like me as well, spiritually and I felt a familiarity with the spirit . I feel a familiairty with both -- the spirit and the person who died and the spirit looks like the person who died in a spiritual sense, so it;s kind of like we all tie together which doesn't make any sense to me ...?

It doesn't make sense to me because he Bible doesn't say anything about soul connections or any of that . I don't believe that I am spiritually connected to anyone ... I just know what I feel but I'm not going to start jumping to conclusions . I'm just really confused about why I feel the things I feel, the spiritual things . Am I just insane??? :(

I have honestly considered seeing a doctor............
Old 18-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
the poor kid! she misses a discorporated beloved one and is psychic enough to feel the love returned and she thinks she's evil and is now living in fear for her soul!

GRRRR! this is the kind of ____ that caused my departure from Christianity. i need to go for a walk and stomp around awhile or i'm going to say something that'll have the moderators PMing me again.

I'm right with you IQ! I was 5 when I saw my grandmother on my bed. No one had even known that she had died yet. Thankfully, even though my parent's were Christians, they also believed (secretly) in reincarnation. When I grew up, I also saw my 2nd grandmother after her death. This lead me to walk away from Christianity because I realized that they were not demons, they simply had come to give me love and say goodbye. I can totally relate Blanket and sometimes, we must find our own truths and our own beliefs.

I wish you all the best in your discovery of self xox
Old 19-05-2011, 03:50 AM
Blanket

Thank you so much for that Medium_Laura!!! :) :)
It feels good to know that somebody else has been through something similar that you have been through and understands :)
A lot of the time, I just feel really alone and fearful about all of this :( :(

But you're right . We do all have to find our own truths. I really agree with that even though I don't know if I will ever find my own truth because of how scared I am about breaking away from old beliefs...........