Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-07-2023, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
How about sharing this overwhelming evidence with us. It would be a great help.
Gee, there is too much! Saving Unseeking some work, that's all.

There are SO many books, youtubes of children, especially.
Solid citizens - doctors in particular, then, documentations from doctors of patients hanging on with stage 4 cancer for weeks in the hospital that 'died',
(like Anita Moorjani)* and also being healed!

Actual 'evidence' would be found in the children's memories of existing at another time; going to, say, an island off Ireland
where he lived before dying in WWII. That's a good one. :)

Here is a thread on Documentations:
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...t=Still_Waters

Added: I see I started thread here a decade ago on this with links: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...ead.php?t=6788

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYx0gpF3Vfg
Even tho explained before, I still don't really know the diff between the words spirit and soul.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-07-2023, 12:24 PM
Master

Oh yeah that was a great book by Anita Moorjani. I bought it for a friend of mine who was suffering from the same cancer. She got. Hell of a lot from it.

Highly recommend it.
Old 26-07-2023, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Secondly somewhere in the bible it mentions ……..”I have come before as Elija”. That’s the only bit I can remember. Shouldn’t be hard to find tho.
Here we are Red,

Matthew 11:14
And if you are willing to accept what I say, he [John the Baptist] is Elijah, the one the prophets said would come. (NLT).

But then we have John himself emphatically denying this in John 1:21.
They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not." Are you the Prophet? He answered, “No.” etc:....

The Bible says that Elijah was taken up bodily or translated into heaven. A prerequisite of reincarnation is that a person dies before being reborn into another body. If Elijah appeared with Moses at the Transfiguration of Jesus, how could he have been the reincarnation of John the Baptist, yet still Elijah?
Old 26-07-2023, 02:25 PM
Molearner

Luke 1:46-47…..”And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior..” “

Clearly a distinction is presented here….
Old 26-07-2023, 02:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Gee, there is too much!]Saving Unseeking some work, that's all.
I had actually hoped that Unseeking Seeker would answer to show us his source or sources.

I know all about NDEs, OBE, Life after death, I've read the Bible thoroughly, I'm completely at home with Buddhism and Hinduism, the Kabbala, esoteric constructions, re-incarnation, karma, chakras, the paranormal, and so on. I've read all the great philosophers in English and in German, all possible books from Swedenborg, Blavatsky, Steiner, Leadbeater, New Age, and all the rest.
I've watched demonstrations of all kinds, attended seances, talked to mediums, talked to those who've had operations by shamans, spoken with healers and magicians.
As you know I talked to my father directly after his death, saw my wife a few weeks after she died, I've had other remarkable experiences - which don't fit into this world - so a little added input from Unseeking Seeker may well be the icing on the cake.

You see - I'm not convinced that any of the above has anything or little to do with life as we know it. I have my own ideas and note that I am not alone these days in suspecting that we are and have been on the wrong track.

Right at the end of the day we need facts, and we don't have any yet.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 26-07-2023, 03:17 PM
I would like to see some diff examples, too, from Unseeking. :)
I think we have a couple hours before he goes to sleep in India!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-07-2023, 03:50 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
You see - I'm not convinced that any of the above has anything or little to do with life as we know it. I have my own ideas and note that I am not alone these days in suspecting that we are and have been on the wrong track.
Busby,

A huge part of the OT…..beginning with 1 Samuel thru The Song of Songs….is centered on David and Solomon. Solomon was known for his wisdom and wealth. In Ecclesiastes Solomon expresses disenchantment with wisdom. Maybe the deceiving track is the belief that wisdom and wealth is our deliverance. His legacy of wealth was squandered leading to no good. Contemplating this provides a lesson……
Old 26-07-2023, 04:00 PM
Master
One problem with those wanting evidence is they want to see certain facts and figures,it is very difficult to recall facts and figures from a dream that ended ten seconds ago many days,if you can control the dream it is still fairly difficult to hold on to names and read writing with facts and figures,indeed it can be hard to recollect memories from todays physical life when in a dream,(I can't understand those who keep asking for proof of survival after death as you can prove this to yourself by visiting a medium or spiritualist church or and purchasing any of the many devices they are now able to catch spirit images and voices on,that surely is a methodical way of getting the proof you desire?)
Old 26-07-2023, 04:19 PM
Master
NDE and past life memories? Apart from real life people I know first hand, You Tube is replete with examples, Jeff Mara Podcast is a popular one,
there are many others, then as Miss H has said, Anita Moorjani, plus a well known case is Dr. Eben Alexander and many more.

PLR sessions bring up our past lives ~ ask any medium of standing. (Past Life Regression)

The core issue I think the OP asked was about soul or maybe Self, so I attempted to throw light on Ramana’s inquiry, ‘who am I?’

Edit: an interesting case I know is from within our extended family itself ~ child in pre-teenage years remembering past life, parents taking him to the village he names, his identifying his house and wife (now older of course), describing events he could never have known … his parents shifted away out of fear that their child would walk out in them one day! That was something.

Then another in a PLR session a friend of mine went through, brought up ancient history which he never knew of before and found the events and locations as well as structures he saw verified later.
Old 26-07-2023, 06:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
But then we have John himself emphatically denying this in John 1:21.
They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not." Are you the Prophet? He answered, “No.” etc:....

I forgot that one. To me, that is just more evidence some believed in reincarnation in those days. Why else would they be asking people in front of them if they were other people who were not on earth anymore?