Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-12-2022, 01:20 AM
Molearner

Just not every day that one is attacked for agreeing with someoneā€¦..
Old 11-12-2022, 02:01 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Words are the most powerful thing in the Universe next to belief.
Why do I say that?
:
Personally faith, hope, charity would top my list. As children we were taught to disavow the power of words with “sticks and stones may break my bones but words…..”
Old 11-12-2022, 03:40 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
That we say that we are saved as if we are already married to Christ but in fact we are engaged. Don't we have an assurance of being saved?
Language sometimes creates a huge stumbling block for us, because it is very limiting. As you know, the bride of Christ is a metaphor. The term "saved" is misleading. I prefer the terms "redeemed, reclaimed, resurrected." As a minor technicality person, you may not appreciate the subtle difference, but they provide more context for understanding.

Z
Old 11-12-2022, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Personally faith, hope, charity would top my list. As children we were taught to disavow the power of words
with “sticks and stones may break my bones but words…..”
Ok, do you still believe that?

No doubt those 3 have power.
I will tell you - you can have all the faith and hope in the world for something - but if you, even unconsciously, believe in your core you don't deserve
something, (because of the words you have been programmed to believe) - 'it' won't happen.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2022, 12:09 AM
Molearner

Charity(love) is eternal and by default the strongest thing in the world. I can see no strength in belief which is not the same as truth. Words per se have no power because it is not a given that they are truthful.
Old 13-12-2022, 10:13 PM
Experiencer

Book1

I just don't see how this will effect my Salvation according to what my friend is saying. That whenever salvation is mentioned in the Bible it says either Will be saved or Shall be saved. If by continuing my walk as a Christian I (Will be saved or Shall be saved) can I then count on that I am saved? If I am saved future tense why not present?
Old 16-12-2022, 10:22 PM
Experiencer

[quote=Tirisilex]A friend has been telling me about the bride of Christ. That we say that we are saved as if we are already married to Christ but in fact we are engaged.

Its only the anointed little flock( Luke 12:32) that makes up the bride.- These are numbered=144,000. Promised to rule alongside Jesus as kings and priests on thrones-Rev 1:6-Rev 20:6
Old 16-12-2022, 11:52 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
If I am saved future tense why not present?

Are you really worried? Are we looking too much to the letter and not the substance?

As eternal beings, what does it mean to put ourselves under an idea of time? Is there any past? Is there any future?

Are you looking for reassurance? An explanation of a language technicality? What are you looking for?

In the realm of spirit, the language is not English or even any spoken word. It is simply knowing. Any truth is true...past, future, and present!

Blessings,
Z
Old 17-12-2022, 10:52 PM
Experiencer

Its only the anointed little flock( Luke 12:32) that makes up the bride.- These are numbered=144,000. Promised to rule alongside Jesus as kings and priests on thrones-Rev 1:6-Rev 20:6[/quote]

The other part of the flock is referred to as the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) which no man can number, only these and the little flock will enter Gods kingdom once the trib and Armageddon hit. -- The resurrection occurs after those 2 events.
One group=little flock make up the bride, these are promised heaven. The great crowd gets this promise-Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:29, Prov 2:21-22, Matt 24:22= the earth.
Old 17-12-2022, 11:40 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Its only the anointed little flock( Luke 12:32) that makes up the bride.- These are numbered=144,000. Promised to rule alongside Jesus as kings and priests on thrones-Rev 1:6-Rev 20:6

The other part of the flock is referred to as the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) which no man can number, only these and the little flock will enter Gods kingdom once the trib and Armageddon hit. -- The resurrection occurs after those 2 events.
One group=little flock make up the bride, these are promised heaven. The great crowd gets this promise-Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:29, Prov 2:21-22, Matt 24:22= the earth.[/quote]

Now I'm not saying that this is bad but you sound like a Jehovah's Witness.