Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Master
Reincarnation is not even believed by Buddhist so I find it hard to believe you would be supporting it.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2020, 03:18 PM
Master
Resurrection and reincarnation are not the same. Not even closely related.

The resurrection and the promise of everlasting life is a key theme in the Bible.

the idea of reincarnation takes away from the resurrection as it dilutes the importance of a resurrection.

The Bible says Lazarus was resurrected. It does not say he was reincarnated.

Jesus was also resurrected.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2020, 03:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Maybe if you read my Post properly you will get your answer....

You previously said Christians do NOT believe in Reincarnation, I have proved you are wrong because Early Christians DID. Hence the names of Early Christians who obviously DID.... What I quoted from the bible are also referring to Reincarnation but are so obviously separate from the Early Christians quotes.

Pope Vigilius who was a Christian was arrested for his belief in Reincarnation, so again when you stated that Christians do not believe in Reincarnation you are wrong..... Sorry.

Please don't bother to answer as I will ignore you as its impossible to have a civilized conversation with you.
Sky, "you" believe that it refers to reincarnation. However it does not refer to reincarnation.

Though you will continue to believe so, because of your absolute lack of experiences regarding the spiritual.

If you have had such experiences you would refer to those experiences. Instead you read what others write & believe what you choose to believe. And that is understandable, though you will never understand spiritual reality.

What persons such as Pope Vigilius says regarding reincarnation means absolutely zero.

When persons such as, he has had phenomenal experiences with absolutely evil minded spiritual beings, that merge with Earthlings, then persons such as he will understand the false concept of reincarnation.

Though I suspect you will continue on with your quest & insist that you are correct, because you yourself have not experienced the evil spiritual phenomena, that is directly right in front of all Earthlings eyes...If only they had the eyes & ears to see and hear.

Blind leading the blind.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:22 PM
Master
Jesus did exist before he was born thru Mary. In that case, he was the first born of creation. His case is different from anybody else. Even so, this does not support at all reincarnation.

Old 01-05-2020, 03:48 PM
Master

Also, there is only one reason why we are born unto the organic life style on a planet such as Earth.

And that is because the creator Christ entity, designed it only possible for male & female, to be able to create off spring in their likeness, in & of an organic situation.

Because to create off spring in the likeness of a male & Female couple. They need to bring together their DNA. And that can only be done by the male and female couple being themselves connected to an Earthly organic flesh body of their own. And this can not be done in the spiritual heavens, because the male spiritual body does not have the ability to emit fluids that contain DNA & nor does the female spiritual body have the ability to receive fluids that contain DNA. So, no pregnancy. Plus the female spiritual body also can not become impregnated with child, nor give birth if it could be impregnated with child....DUH.

Simple realy is it not. One life on Earth nessesary. First parents create off spring, then raise them till they can responsibly fend for themselves, then the first Parents can relocate to the spiritual Heavens for ever more. & so on & so on, for all following off spring.

No reincarnation nessesary or possible. Once the spiritual silver cord is severed, it completely disappears, & a new cord does not & can not appear.

The soul continues on in life for better or worse without the flesh.

And all past life memories are simply visions/thoughts placed in the minds of unsuspecting Earthlings to keep them confused for evil nefarious reasons.

Not that I expect anyone will have a querying mind to investigate my understanding of it all & how I came into possession of them.

Oh well not to worry.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I hope you realize the 'lake of fire' is not literal. If something is thrown into a 'lake of fire', it does not mean a literal 'lake of fire' but signifies that something no longer exists.

Why should I realise that what it says it doesn't mean?

If that is so then it's simply another proof of the Bible being nothing other than an instrument bent on spreading confusion.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Why should I realise that what it says it doesn't mean?

If that is so then it's simply another proof of the Bible being nothing other than an instrument bent on spreading confusion.
I didn't think anybody took Revelation literally.

Do you also really believe in dragons? They are mention a lot of times.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:47 PM
Molearner

"Who do you say that I am ?" was the question of Jesus to his disciples. Interesting......why would Jesus even ask that unless the likelihood and even probability of reincarnation was commonly assumed ? And the disciples...those who knew Jesus better than anyone else....responded with different speculations. John the Baptist, Elijah, Jeremiah, prophets, etc were all suggested as possible answers. Peter, of course, answered correctly. Notice that Jesus did not chastise the disciples for even giving credence to reincarnation.

So now we argue about it like it is the most outrageous thing ever and nobody knows the truth. For me I would rather live in hope of the resurrection rather than in living of the hope of reincarnation which necessitates endless cycles of life on earth. Has anyone addressed the possibility that if one was reincarnated that in his next life he could be resurrected ? Why not ? Both could be true...we need to quit framing questions as either/or.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
"Who do you say that I am ?" was the question of Jesus to his disciples. Interesting......why would Jesus even ask that unless the likelihood and even probability of reincarnation was commonly assumed ? And the disciples...those who knew Jesus better than anyone else....responded with different speculations. John the Baptist, Elijah, Jeremiah, prophets, etc were all suggested as possible answers. Peter, of course, answered correctly. Notice that Jesus did not chastise the disciples for even giving credence to reincarnation.

So now we argue about it like it is the most outrageous thing ever and nobody knows the truth. For me I would rather live in hope of the resurrection rather than in living of the hope of reincarnation which necessitates endless cycles of life on earth. Has anyone addressed the possibility that if one was reincarnated that in his next life he could be resurrected ? Why not ? Both could be true...we need to quit framing questions as either/or.
The responses showed that people believed in resurrection, not reincarnation. If Jesus were a reincarnation of John the Baptist he would have still been a baby. Elijah could not have been reincarnated because he never died, but was taken alive to Heaven by a whirlwind. There is no evidence that anyone here believed in reincarnation.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:59 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
The responses showed that people believed in resurrection, not reincarnation. If Jesus were a reincarnation of John the Baptist he would have still been a baby. Elijah could not have been reincarnated because he never died, but was taken alive to Heaven by a whirlwind. There is no evidence that anyone here believed in reincarnation.

Say what ? You believe in resurrecting with the appearance of another person ? And resurrection means returning to this earth ? I would have thought that as an advantage of resurrection as compared to reincarnation.......heaven as home rather than earth.