Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
why is the Book of Enoch left out?

Because the data and information it provides did not match up to the lies someone wanted to tell. Who decided to take out The Book of Enoch. It should be the first book in the Bible.

And you believe this because?

בשלום
Peter
Old 31-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Ascender
it has all of the info that is needed for the basis
Old 31-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Administrator
Hello

Here is something I wrote for th Metaphysical Church I am a speaker at. I put this forth for the coming Easter Sunday Service I have to do.

Might start one off some......

Christianity ( Ancient Greek words is “Khnistos” Christ, literally “anointed one”
Christianity is based on the teachings of the Bible and that of Jesus. Jesus is the Son of God, but too much more on a deeper humanity level. Jesus is said to be the “Savior”.

Christians follow the teachings of Jesus for this one has a belief in God, and that Jesus is the Son of God. One follows a path of belief in Jesus dying in the Cross, he from there rose from the dead. Jesus was crucified on the Cross and his body was later removed and was placed in a rock tomb. It was three days later that Jesus rose form the dead.

Jesus’ death on the Cross was a Holy sacrifice that gives man an insight to Sin and shows a path to salvation. Thus in church at times one is offered the blood of Christ ( wine ) and the body of Christ ( Bread ).

Mary is the Mother of Jesus but too she was said to be a virgin. This was made possible by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is known as the Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son ( Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus was sent from God to be man’s savior, maybe more of a remembrance that we had a teacher. Jesus in making the sacrifice in his death, gave to the Church much teachings.

Religion is used to describe one’s faith or belief systems. It can break down into cultural or traditions, at times even rituals.

Most times when one thinks on religion one thinks to an organized belief system and that it is open to everyone that follows this faith. It is head in a building and is done at set times. There is most times a “ Head” figure that leads such a place.
It can be a place of study, what comes to mind is Sunday School for children. It too can be a place or practice. A place where a set text is often studied or embraced.

The belief in God or gods and goddesses ect .

Lynn
Old 31-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberTopaz
I've been wondering this intensely for so long. I ask so many Christians and they don't give me much of an answer?
I was never raised by religion, my dad was extremely spiritual and open. I had so many experiences though from the age of 2/3 & onward growing up being exposed to films based on angels .. fallen angels .. very darkful aspects .. constant scenes played out in churches or extracting information from bibles .. issues regarding the devil and demons, like The Devils Advocate with Keanu Reeves as one example. Do Catholics just get more into darker aspects ? and Christians are more..... open ? ..... I feel so confused. If I say my religion is based on Catholicism .. what does that imply exactly? that I have a firm belief in heaven and hell ? I'm so confused by this.

The only actual difference I can think of is (for Catholics) The bread and wine in the Eucharist .. solitary confession within the church.. and the belief the soul does not go directly to heaven or hell but the doctrine of cleansing/purgation..

This is my take. I am not sure if it is still viable but here goes:

The catholic church believes that the church itself is the holy reciprical of God, and so therefore is the ultimate authority. Christianity believes that the Bible is the authority.

There are many different beliefs that the different denominations believe in. There are things which divide us. The problem with humanity is that we are all at different stages, we all operate on different frequencies. This essentially cause a rift between us. However, there are many things which bind us together. Ultimately, who can know the truth. To know truth you would have to know all truth, and only God can know that.

I have had some wonderful experiences. I have found my answers. I simply asked the right questions and trully desired the truth. I asked once why do people believe things which are false? The answer came to me: It is because they do not ask with the desire to know. When they ask they already have an idea in their minds as to which direction the truth is coming from. they look through binoculers down the road, searching for a glimpse. Truth taps them on the shoulder "Here you are"

"Sh sh I am waiting for a sign don' enterupt me now."

People have been given ideas as to what truth is, and they have been given ideas by those that are supposedly in authority. But guess what! The people in authority haven't got a clue. They are making it up as they go along. Any one that professes to know truth is wrong. To know truth w must know all angles and that is impossible. We only percieve from a limited point of view. Anyone that tells you otherwise is diluded.

Truth is a diamond with many facets. From any one perspective view point we are only able to see so many facets.

Don't worry about anything. We are all going to the same place. We are all going to get there. We have come here to learn and experience. We are doing just that. If we don't like that which we experience then we need only change it.

That which you believe you become.
Old 31-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Shim

First, please understand that we intend no offense in the wording of this question. We genuinely receive questions, from Catholics, along the lines of: “What is the difference between Catholics and Christians?” In face-to-face conversations with Catholics, we have literally heard, “I am not a Christian, I am Catholic.” To many Catholics, the terms “Christian” and “Protestant” are synonymous. With all that said, the intent of this article is that Catholics would study what the Bible says about being a Christian, and would perhaps consider that the Catholic faith is not the best representation of what the Bible describes. As a background, please read our article on “What is a Christian?”

A key distinction between Catholics and Christians is the view of the Bible. Catholics view the Bible as having equal authority with the Church and tradition. Christians view the Bible as the supreme authority for faith and practice. The question is, how does the Bible present itself? 2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” Scripture, of itself, is sufficient for the Christian to be thoroughly equipped for every good work. This text tells us that Scripture is not “just the beginning,” or “just the basics,” or the “foundation for a more complete church tradition.” On the contrary, Scripture is perfectly and fully sufficient for everything in the Christian life. Scripture can teach us, rebuke us, correct us, train us, and equip us. Bible Christians do not deny the value of church tradition. Rather, Christians uphold that for a church tradition to be valid, it must be based on the clear teaching of Scripture, and must be in full agreement with Scripture. Catholic friend, study the Word of God for yourself. In God’s Word you will find God’s description of, and intention for, His Church. 2 Timothy 2:15 declares, “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”

A second key difference between Catholics and “Bible Christians” is the understanding of how we can approach God. Catholics tend to approach God through intermediaries, such as Mary or the saints. Christians approach God directly, offering prayers to no one other than God Himself. The Bible proclaims that we ourselves can approach God’s throne of grace with boldness (Hebrews 4:16). The Bible is perfectly clear that God desires us to pray to Him, to have communication with Him, to ask Him for the things we need (Philippians 4:6; Matthew 7:7-8; 1 John 5:14-15). There is no need for mediators or intermediaries, as Christ is our one and only mediator (1 Timothy 2:5), and both Christ and the Holy Spirit are already interceding on our behalf (Romans 8:26-27; Hebrews 7:25). Catholic friend, God loves you intimately and has provided an open door to direct communication through Jesus.

The most crucial difference between Catholics and “Bible Christians” is on the issue of salvation. Catholics view salvation almost entirely as a process, while Christians view salvation as both a completed status and a process. Catholics see themselves as “being saved,” while Christians view themselves as “having been saved.” 1 Corinthians 1:2 tells us, “…to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy…” The words “sanctified” and “holy” come from the same Greek root. This verse is declaring that Christians are both sanctified and called to be sanctified. The Bible presents salvation as a gift that is received the moment a person places faith in Jesus Christ as Savior (John 3:16). When a person receives Christ as Savior, he/she is justified (declared righteous – Romans 5:9), redeemed (rescued from slavery to sin – 1 Peter 1:18), reconciled (achieving peace with God – Romans 5:1), sanctified (set apart for God’s purposes – 1 Corinthians 6:11), and born again as a new creation (1 Peter 1:23; 2 Corinthians 5:17). Each of these are accomplished facts that are fully received at the moment of salvation. Christians are then called to live, practically (called to be holy), what is already true, positionally (sanctified).

The Catholic viewpoint is that salvation is received by faith, but then must be “maintained” by good works and participation in the Sacraments. Bible Christians do not deny the importance of good works or that Christ calls us to observe the ordinances in remembrance of Him and in obedience to Him. The difference is that Christians view these things as the result of salvation, not a requirement for salvation, or a means of maintaining salvation. Salvation is an accomplished work, purchased by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ (1 John 2:2). God offers us salvation and assurance of salvation because Jesus’ sacrifice was fully, completely, and perfectly sufficient. If we receive God’s precious gift of salvation, we can know that we are saved. 1 John 5:13 declares, “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.”

We can know that we have eternal life and we can have assurance of our salvation because of the greatness of Christ’s sacrifice. Christ’s sacrifice does not need to be re-offered or re-presented. Hebrews 7:27 says, “He sacrificed for their sins once for all when He offered Himself.” Hebrews 10:10 declares, “…we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” 1 Peter 3:18 exclaims, “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God…” Christ’s once for all sacrifice was absolutely and perfectly sufficient. Jesus declared on the cross, “It is finished” (John 19:30). Jesus’ atoning sacrifice was the full payment for all of our sins (1 John 2:2). As a result, all of our sins are forgiven and we are promised eternal life in Heaven the moment we receive the gift God offers us – salvation through Jesus Christ (John 3:16).

Catholic friend, do you desire this “so great salvation” (Hebrews 2:6)? If so, all you must do is receive it (John 1:12), through faith (Romans 5:1). God loves us and offers us salvation as a gift (John 3:16). If we receive His grace, by faith, we have salvation as our eternal possession (Ephesians 2:8-9). Once saved, nothing can separate us from His love (Romans 8:38-39). Nothing can remove us from His hand (John 10:28-29). If you desire this salvation, if you desire to have all your sins forgiven, if you desire to have assurance of salvation, if you desire direct access to the God who loves you – receive it and it is yours. This is the salvation that Jesus died to provide and that God offers as a gift. --
Catholic Christian
Old 31-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
People have been given ideas as to what truth is, and they have been given ideas by those that are supposedly in authority. But guess what! The people in authority haven't got a clue. They are making it up as they go along. Any one that professes to know truth is wrong.

imo, this is true for both catholics and christians.
Old 31-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Time

You guys are missing the BIG difference.... Catholic beleif was constintines religion NOT christianity. Christianity came AFTER as a "looser" version. Catholics stick to their doctrine ( which is generaly the beginning), while christianity followed, not to long after. They are almost the same thing, except a few trivial things, like not eating meat on fridays etc... Catholics are more strict in their teachings, while christians put MUCH MUCH more of their own interpretation into it.

You gotta remember, the pop isnt christian, hes Catholic
Old 31-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Master
One key difference of course is that the Roman Catholic and High Anglican churches practice ritual magic and worship "graven idols".
Worth also checking the Synod Of Whitby as an example of a political carve-up. Rome was having much trouble with the Celtic church which you could describe as Christian Pagans - THEY brought christianity to Britain, hence the later carve-up.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Fire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberTopaz
I've been wondering this intensely for so long. I ask so many Christians and they don't give me much of an answer?
I was never raised by religion, my dad was extremely spiritual and open. I had so many experiences though from the age of 2/3 & onward growing up being exposed to films based on angels .. fallen angels .. very darkful aspects .. constant scenes played out in churches or extracting information from bibles .. issues regarding the devil and demons, like The Devils Advocate with Keanu Reeves as one example. Do Catholics just get more into darker aspects ? and Christians are more..... open ? ..... I feel so confused. If I say my religion is based on Catholicism .. what does that imply exactly? that I have a firm belief in heaven and hell ? I'm so confused by this.

The only actual difference I can think of is (for Catholics) The bread and wine in the Eucharist .. solitary confession within the church.. and the belief the soul does not go directly to heaven or hell but the doctrine of cleansing/purgation..

Excellent question

I'm afraid that I won't be able to give a complete, thorough enough answer, as I am no theologian, bible scholar, or expert on religions or history.

But from my limited knowledge, I understand that there is a difference in orthodox cathlics and unorthodox catholics--as there is with any other denomination within christianity--including judaism.

Catholisism, in and of itself, is not necesarily "Christian". You could say, in some aspects, that it is a completely different religion than christianity. Catholicism can be considered a cult. Christianity exhalts JESUS as the center fo the faith, whereas Catholicism puts MARY on the same level as Christ, which is blasphemous, according to the fullness of the bible. Anything that you exhalt above or equal to th eGodhead/trinity is IDOLATRY/IDOL WORSHIP. Catholics are good at placing symbols on the same evel as G-d; i.e., Mary, the apostles/"saints", statues, prayer beads, the pope... They depend on the "holy father" to forgive their sins, as they confess them to him, as if he is Jesus--the only person who can forgive sins. But the bible declares that "There is none Holy (besides G-d the Father), no not one."

So these are some of the main differences in the faiths.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Time

Christianity, was born from the catholic faith, they are essentialy the same other then a few differences. They use the same bible and teachings as eachother. IF they were so different then why would I learn CHRISTIAN LIVING in CATHOLIC school?

The long story short is, catholics are strict, christians are more lax. Other then a few random differences, on tradition, they are the same.

And worshiping mary isnt blasphomous. The bible tells us not to eat shrimp and no one listins to that rule. Mary plays a big part in the bible, Some thing that she didnt even exsist, but is a reference to the constilation "virgo", which is usualy depicted as a virgin woman, holding wheat, her city was bethlehem, which translates into "house of bread". Another astroligocal aspect of thebible