Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 21-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring1988
Ill put it like this. I've never believed the whole runner concept. Do I think its possible in some cases? Sure, anything's possible. If the woman I am interested in ever says she isn't interested in me, I'd give up and move on no matter how strong my feelings were for her. I'd go date others. But that's me. My name isn't Nostradamus so I can't predict if someone else is in a runner stayer (by definition), situation, nor would I rush to judge them if they said they were.

But to treat someone so callously because they tell you they have strong feelings for you is just plain mean and wrong. If a woman that I wasn't interested in told me such a thing, first, I'd be very flattered. And knowing me, if i was single, I'd probably give her a chance if I believed her to be sincere. All this talk of running for the hills in this thread is downright appealing. If you aren't into the person why not let them down lightly? I mean seriously, calling them obsessive??? That's just ridiculous. Now, if you tell them once and they keep at it in a way that makes you uncomfortable, I suppose then you can call it what it is. I dunno, NY uncle always told me that it doesn't pay to be mean to people and I believe him.

I've noticed a few things ever since I heard of this twinflame concept. I've always believed the "soulmate" is the ultimate connection and that itvwas renamed twinflame by whoever. I believe that there is "the one," and then there is everyone else. If you want to label it go ahead.

To the people who speak negatively about the teenagers that come here, you don't know if they have or haven't met their soulmate or twinflame. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion but who are you to judge them? Let those individuals find out for themselves if they have me their one. I'm sure they'll find out as they live life.

Damn, there's really some ugly energy in this thread. I'm out.

Ugly energy... twin soul... it's all the same kinda thing really.
Old 21-02-2011, 02:29 PM
DulcePoetica

I just wonder why people that have never experienced what is being discussed think their uninformed and arrogant opinion adds value to the discussion? Where is the gratification in joining discussions on topics you don't believe in and telling people you have never met that you think they are deluded?

I don't believe in the mythology around soulmates and twin souls, but I am living with a relationship that meets the criteria. Until these things started happening to me, I thought it wasn't possible. But here I am, and while I don't think I am dealing with "the other half of my soul", I do get enormous benefit from discussing the unique challenges of this type of connection with other people who have experienced it. They can call it whatever they want as far as I am concerned.

So until we "ugly, naive, romantic, deluded, obsessive" types become as "enlightened" as you, why dont you just give us a little space so we can process and develop at our own pace? But if you still can't help yourself, don't worry, because uninformed arrogance is as easy to spot as naive romanticism. I don't place much value on either type of input.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Spring1988

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I just wonder why people that have never experienced what is being discussed think their uninformed and arrogant opinion adds value to the discussion? Where is the gratification in joining discussions on topics you don't believe in and telling people you have never met that you think they are deluded?

I don't believe in the mythology around soulmates and twin souls, but I am living with a relationship that meets the criteria. Until these things started happening to me, I thought it wasn't possible. But here I am, and while I don't think I am dealing with "the other half of my soul", I do get enormous benefit from discussing the unique challenges of this type of connection with other people who have experienced it. They can call it whatever they want as far as I am concerned.

So until we "ugly, naive, romantic, deluded, obsessive" types become as "enlightened" as you, why dont you just give us a little space so we can process and develop at our own pace? But if you still can't help yourself, don't worry, because uninformed arrogance is as easy to spot as naive romanticism. I don't place much value on either type of input.

Well said DulcePoetica! I couldn't have said it any better myself.

BTW, in my original post, I meant APPALLING, not appealing. My phone auto-corrected my spelling and I didn't notice it was "appealing" instead of appalling there because I SURELY DON'T find it appealing.
Old 21-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Experiencer
Now that we've set a basis that "Twin Flames" is a valid concept to some, what in your estimate is the relationship? I mean the way you treat one another vs. a soulmate?
Old 21-02-2011, 06:04 PM
DulcePoetica

This question is quite possibly the only reason I think the "twin flame" title can be useful.

The basic idea from what I understand is that people use the term soulmate to refer to relationships through which they learn something important about life. Since I personally would not waste time on a relationship (friendship or otherwise) that wasn't a cultivating experience for both of us, I guess all of the people in my life are soul mates of one variety of another, though I do not use that term.

The amount of time it would take for me to convey the difference between an "ordinary" relationship and the dynamic that exists with one particular person in my life is staggering. Those of us who have been there appreciate the short-hand title of "twin" since it spares us the need to explain the nature of the relationship in exact, precise language. That wouldn't be possible. The summary is that my entire psyche has been cracked open and has crumbled to bits around me. What I am left with is an intense liquid white light of energy that matches perfectly in thickness, brightness, viscosity, vibration to his. How I know that is absolutely beyond my current human comprehension.

Basically, meeting him catapulted me into a living reality that was so far beyond my capacity to understand that I surrendered the outer limitations of my consciousness. There was immediate soul-level communication, which offered a certain understanding of each other that surpassed verbal language. I immediately knew him, recognized him, and he remembered me the day we met. I had tangible sensations of energetic activity which I had never even contemplated before. In my desperate attempts to make sense out of the absurd escalation of psychic activity, in addition to other paranormal things I was thinking and experiencing, I was basically submerged into a sort-of metaphysical boot camp. The spiritual awakening triggered by this man has been so intense and terrifying that it has bordered on violence. Every bit of transformation has taken place in me WITHOUT ever entering into a personal relationship with him. I have seen him only in a professional setting, and the entirety of our one-to-one relationship thus far adds up to approximately 30 seconds of eye contact and possibly as much as 60 minutes of conversations spanning over more than 5 years of knowing each other.

But it is so reality bending that I understand why people are inclined to invent seemingly preposterous stories to explain it. I am actually extremely level headed, analytical and have an uncommonly high IQ, but I have actually caught myself wondering if I was turning into a werewolf!!

I am not actively trying to get together with this man, I'm a sensible person and it's obviously a bad idea. But the fact that he is not well suited to me (at least currently) for a romantic partner, is in NO WAY going to stop me from exploring all the profound things that happen to me as a result of knowing him.

If that makes no sense to you, I would guess you haven't encountered this type of relationship yet. Well, I guess I can't say that because it still makes no sense to me, and I'm living it!
Old 21-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Krystalle

For me, a soulmate is a close friend you have a connection with. Someone who understands, supports, feels drawn to you. It doesn't have to be romantic.
I view TF as 2 really evolved souls who are a lot alike (but not identical or a part of the other....i believe anyone is complete on their own) and who are brought together to do good things...on a major scale. Charity work, etc. Again, i do not think it needs to be romantic. I would want romance only with my most suitable partner...be it that a tf, soul mate, or simply a nice girl who i like. ;)
Old 21-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalleSama
For me, a soulmate is a close friend you have a connection with. Someone who understands, supports, feels drawn to you. It doesn't have to be romantic.
I view TF as 2 really evolved souls who are a lot alike (but not identical or a part of the other....i believe anyone is complete on their own) and who are brought together to do good things...on a major scale. Charity work, etc. Again, i do not think it needs to be romantic. I would want romance only with my most suitable partner...be it that a tf, soul mate, or simply a nice girl who i like. ;)

I agree with much of it but find the careful exclusion of desire and emotion abstract in the extreme...LOL...and fairly humorous
In other words if your tf, soul mate or some other (simply nice) girl was not to your visual and/or other taste, you would not "want romance"...LOL...but, what if you loved them regardless and did "want romance"?

I wish for you the hottest, most fit [tf|soul mate|term of choice] on the planet...acc'd to your taste, LOL...
and also the balls to come to terms with your heart and its deepest desires if in fact you are blessed to meet your partner and my wish for you fails to materialise.

LOL....

Peace,
7L
Old 21-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Krystalle

^ Hmm....well..it probably comes with fact I'm doing modelling ;)
Nah..im really emotional too...around the person who deserves to see the true ''me''. And i want the whole package, i want it all :P, visual and the inside part- hey, I'm on this forum after all. And well, i pretty much got it..for now, haha.
Old 21-02-2011, 07:53 PM
DulcePoetica

In response to the original question and the "running for the hills" idea...

If someone told me I was their soulmate, I would ask them what they expect from a soulmate. The only acceptable answer for me is "Be yourself." If their answer is anything other than that, I would definitely run for the hills fast enough to have coffee and cookies ready for PsychoSlice and Gem when they get there.
Old 21-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Master
LOL...glad you included the "inside part"...listen sama-sama, if you truly loved her as many of these ppl describe, you'd feel overwhelmed that she was hot on top of the fact that you loved her heart and soul...because (yes, it's true) you'd realise that you want to be with her regardless...OMG...what the h*ll would you do then?

Anyhow...I hope "for now" lasts a long time & that she still digs you when you're old & saggy...or even just till you lose your hair and your...stamina...LOL....for some gents, that may happen...sooner than you'd think, LOLOLOL....

Cheers,
7L