Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Sungirl

proof is subjective. For me there is proof of Spirit's existence everywhere, there is proof of divine guidance and of perfect timing but that is only because I am open to it's existence and have faith.

People say when you look up at night what you see are stars. We are told that they are a long way off and that they are balls of fire... but I have never seen one first hand so I have to believe someone when they tell me that. It could be a big black cloth with holes in and a bright light behind it... it is my faith in the people that tell me, and that they are telling me the truth that makes me believe that they are stars.

It is my belief in my own experiences and interpretations of things that happen around me that tell me of the existence of Spirit. So to me it's easier to believe in that than the existence of balls of fire a long way off.

Hope that made as much sense to you guys as it did to me when it was in my head....
Old 17-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
If God is Creation, then the existence of God is plain for all to see ergo Nothing to prove

Exactly my point earlier in the thread
Old 18-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Blaze

The best way to prove the existence of God is when you don't try to prove its existence. Cause whatever God is it is beyond our words of descriptions or either fields of knowledge. God has always been there and will always be there.

All kinds of humans from different parts of the world, even before they know about each other, believed in a higher power. All of 'em could not be wrong you know.
Old 18-02-2011, 11:01 AM
themaster

How can you prove the existence of God?

I'll just call him on the telephone and have him fax his dna right over..

Last edited by themaster : 18-02-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Master
While almost noone can agree on the nature of God, his existence is easy to prove. We live in the physical universe. Based on our knowledge we can safely assume that the universe had a beginning at some point. We have also commonly accepted that the beginning of the universe had a cause. Again, few people agree about the nature of that cause but it is generally accepted as fact.

Now most of us have a name for this cause, but few of us agree on it. God will work. Some call it the Big Bang, or Source, or what have you, but the idea is still the same. At some point there was a cause for all of this, call it whatever you want.
Old 18-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Master
I think in our modern times we have become brainwashed with science to the detriment of listening to our spirit. Science and spiritual ( God or any spiritual places or beings) mix as well as water and oil do. It is like trying to use science to prove the feelings you have for someone exist before you believe they do. I know God exists in that way. What I have seen felt and experienced has kept me a believer for over 30 years. I dont think I am the only one i think there are billions with me now and before me that also have felt the presence of God too. If you let yourself believe you just may experience something truly beautiful.

There are people who will never try or want to believe in God I think that is a tragedy not being born with that inbuilt ability to sense God through inbuilt belief. Either that or its the Sceptical adults that screw up children's minds and destroy the ability at an early age, through ridicule of what they sense and feel.
Old 18-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Brenno

I must say that I am encouraged by the responses in this thread. Hearing my fellow brothers and sisters unabashedly declare their faith in our loving Creator fills me with hope and anticipation of the era prophesied in the bible when "the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the water covers the seabed." (Habakkuk 2:14)

This is how I see it:

The skeptic, in his pursuit of truth has already arbitrarily demanded two things in order for him to attempt to comprehend the existence of a Higher Power. A)the utilisation of human reasoning, and B) the existence of physical evidence. As such, he is limiting himself to a confined view of reality, literally choosing what truths are real - those which can be explained by human reasoning and proved by physical evidence! A true questioner and pursuer of truth will point out that human reasoning is intrinsically limited and thus ask: is it possible that something can be illogical, yet true? If logic and science cannot explain something in the natural world, does that deny it's reality?

Science can only explain the material/physical; it is an explanation of the natural world through observation of events that can be measured and reproduced. God, by definition is an entirely spiritual Being and not material and therefore physicality does not pertain to Him. Trying to prove God's existence by physical evidence that we can experience through our senses and through science is simply utilising the wrong tool in the search for truth.

For another way of looking at the question of God and the problem of existence, try this thought experiment on for size:

Quote:
What is a table made out of? Wood.
And what is wood made out of? Cellulose fibers and the chemical compound lingin (thanks wikipedia)
And what are they made out of? Hydrogen, carbon and oxygen
And what are they made out of? Molecules
And what are they made out of? Atoms
And what are they made out of? Protons, electrons and neutrons
And what are they made out of? Quarks
And what are they made out of? String
And what is string made out of? ... And what is that made out of? ... And what is that made out of?

You could continue this questioning forever... but one must ask how this is at all possible. As we all know, the world we live in is finite! It has limits, endpoints, boundaries. So how does one explain this acute paradox?

Science, logic and evidence cannot. The faithful do have an answer, however: The Infinite. God. He Who permeates all reality and is the cause and sustainer of everything that exists.
Old 19-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Master
I cant ................
Old 19-02-2011, 04:14 AM
AngelBreeze

Thank you, Brenno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenno
I must say that I am encouraged by the responses in this thread. Hearing my fellow brothers and sisters unabashedly declare their faith in our loving Creator fills me with hope and anticipation of the era prophesied in the bible when "the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the water covers the seabed." (Habakkuk 2:14)

This is how I see it:

The skeptic, in his pursuit of truth has already arbitrarily demanded two things in order for him to attempt to comprehend the existence of a Higher Power. A)the utilisation of human reasoning, and B) the existence of physical evidence. As such, he is limiting himself to a confined view of reality, literally choosing what truths are real - those which can be explained by human reasoning and proved by physical evidence! A true questioner and pursuer of truth will point out that human reasoning is intrinsically limited and thus ask: is it possible that something can be illogical, yet true? If logic and science cannot explain something in the natural world, does that deny it's reality?

Science can only explain the material/physical; it is an explanation of the natural world through observation of events that can be measured and reproduced. God, by definition is an entirely spiritual Being and not material and therefore physicality does not pertain to Him. Trying to prove God's existence by physical evidence that we can experience through our senses and through science is simply utilising the wrong tool in the search for truth.

For another way of looking at the question of God and the problem of existence, try this thought experiment on for size:

You could continue this questioning forever... but one must ask how this is at all possible. As we all know, the world we live in is finite! It has limits, endpoints, boundaries. So how does one explain this acute paradox?

Science, logic and evidence cannot. The faithful do have an answer, however: The Infinite. God. He Who permeates all reality and is the cause and sustainer of everything that exists.

Very warm greetings to you, Brenno!

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading this response of yours because I too feel exactly as you do and echo your comments!

I have said many times in different threads that those who seek to reason through science, logic, or evidence, as you point out, cannot and will never be able to when it comes to God or that which pertains to His kingdom. Yet some just don't seem to get it as they repeat the same questions time and again. We have to accept things on Faith and that is the wonderful thing about God not revealing to us the things that interest common man about Him. We are just not supposed to know and unless He decides to tell us one day, we will never know so it is just a non-ending exercise in futility to continue trying to ask questions about God and wanting to see material evidence or empirical evidence which is simply not there for mankind to see about their Creator.

Thanks again for your wonderful post and May God Bless You Always, dear friend!
Old 19-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Master
Faith is just another way to say "I dont know."