Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Knower
Just as barrynu says I think there are different routes for different people and their needs.

For a person like me who is just at the beginning of the spiritual path getting a guru is difficult. I go by my gut feeling if the guru attracts me I would give one and all to be his/her disciple however the world is full of frauds and power driven posing as gurus- so if my spirit says NO i would respect the decision.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Master
Oh definitely Sups, take your time to get to know any potential teacher, see if they are congruent with what they say.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Did the Guru`s words, or her ego make her give up?

Probably a bit of both,maybe an excuse for herself to stop meditating.She is back on track again anyway and many people stop and start over and over until they get that glimpse that reels them in for good.

That book looks interesting.If it was an e book,I`d be reading it now.....One of those books that unlocks doors as you read.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups
For a person like me who is just at the beginning of the spiritual path
You are on the spiritual path all your life,I realise that now as I look back all the way to childhood.(I used to think I started on my path in 2010)
If you want to accelerate on your path,bring some body work into your life if you have none yet. Tai chi is good so is Yoga.Combine any or both of these with meditation and you will also meet more people like you.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
If you want to accelerate on your path,bring some body work into your life if you have none yet. Tai chi is good so is Yoga.Combine any or both of these with meditation and you will also meet more people like you.

Can`t agree enough, Tai chi chi gung, yoga, walking meditation all, act as a link from the physical to the spiritual.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Knower
Thanks for the great suggestions petezen and barrenu.