Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-05-2016, 03:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Sounds like you have highly regarded company.

Do you have siddhis yourself?
My 'Jeremy itch' just got too itchy. lol

Yep, everyone from Marilyn Monroe to Elvis to Buddha to Lord Shiva himself...is there anybody that Jeremy is not intimately familiar with? lol

Anyway, on topic again, we each have a concept or thought about nibbana or what we think it's going to be...going to look like which is nothing at all like what it is. To get over our own perceptions of what cannot be perceived, we must 'kill them'.

I had to kill Brahman to find Brahman...kill Siva to find Siva...so I guess you guys must kill Buddha to find Buddha.
Old 30-05-2016, 05:18 AM
Suspended
Hey Necromancer,

To be subtle there is boundless distance, here's there, there's here. I don't seek for my like or dislike. They come to me just by their curiosity and admiration.

Evils poured itchy stuff (rotten poison lotion)unto me. When I can't stand for it I just take medicine to cool the itchy sickness. Or I go to Victoria waterfall to take a cool bath. When I wrote up to here my cupid son request to bring him there. That is cool.

I knew most of them, on the other hand is they knew me before I knew them. And they cling in order to know me farther nothing not good like our friend Shiva. Unless like you who is an evil lover, even demons are your friends that is incredible. Love is invulnerable.

So is. Mine, I want them to be friends with each other.
Old 30-05-2016, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Just the thought of the Buddha would prevent mindfulness or awareness. This is the reason why Linji made this statement.

In Hinduism, you can see that Ramakrishna Paramahamsa was stuck on the image of the Divine Mother Kali. His intense love for Kali was beneficial in the sense that all other karmas or unconscious psychological tendencies were removed through it. However the image of Kali in mind itself was a barrier and prevented Ramakrishna from achieving enlightenment.

His guru Totapuri solved this problem by asking Ramakrishna to visualize slaying Kali with a sword in mind. After Ramakrishna did this mentally, the last barrier in the form of sankhara or thought-image was eliminated, resulting in his enlightenment.

This is the same logic which Linji uses when he made the above statement.

The thought of the Buddha and his teachings is a good peg for the novice inititally to focus his mind. However at an advanced stage, when his concentration has become strong, he will have to leave aside the thought of the Buddha as well, to be in right mindfulness.

This is a very apt story, thanks for posting it ajay.
Old 30-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Master
Namaste.

I just got through saying this in another thread.. Ramakrishna Paramahamsa also stated "I want to taste sugar and not be sugar".

I also know that if he was really in full ecstatic union-bliss with Divine Mother Kali, he'd already be there! Nothing else would matter! Nothing ever does! I've felt it!!! AUM KLIM KALIKAYE NAMAH!!! JAI KALI MA!!! <3 <3 <3

It was only his heart and love of Divine Mother which kept him apart from Kali, when it didn't have to be that way...he was making it that way in his own mind.

The same thing happened with myself and Siva, so instead of 'killing Siva' I decided to explore everything that Siva was and found he was everything...everywhere...everytime and that I couldn't 'kill him' even if I tried...to do that meant there would have to be 'the killer' and 'the thing that gets killed'...I mean I was already there...it just took a bit of time for me to catch up.

What I learned is that Siva can be in the Void...in my Heart...in my Sahasrara Chakra making love to Parvati there...on a planet in the far reaches of the galaxy...and even all at the same time...

So, I now think, if you see Buddha on the way, embrace him...that being said, a half-hearted hug ain't gonna do the trick either.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 30-05-2016, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
As sky123 posted here, the concept can be traced back to the Buddha's own thoughts on the matter. Literally let go of the Buddha's teaching, and the Buddha himself, in any and all forms that he might take, including your guru, once you have taken what you needed from those teachings.

This is challenging for me in having to let go of the teacher I was brought up on, Jesus. To be able to say Jesus isn't necessary, only my relationship with God. Which means cutting through Christianity as a religion, even though it might have had some good teachings on the way, some good ideals.

Letting go of all limiting beliefs. Absolutely all of them. Otherwise beliefs remain as traps. All beliefs about guru's, and religions, and self, all attachments. This isn't stupidity, this is wisdom.

I think it is interesting Jonesboy, that you can see you need to let go of everything else, but when it comes to letting go of your guru you draw the line. Again referring to sky's quote from Buddha, you need to let go of your guru only when you have taken all that you need from your guru to cross to the other shore, not before. But there is a time that for further growth, we all need to let go of everything, even the guru.

Why do you feel the need to let go of the teachings of Jesus ?
Old 30-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
That has to do with attachment to things. I would also question your belief that you think you have made to the other shore and believe you are ready to discard the teaching.

I think it's about self-realization, not attachment.
Old 30-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Master
The thing about beliefs is that while ever you just believe in them, they aren't true.
Old 30-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Suspended
Master

It could be that the saying, If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him is describing living with mindfulness. When you are mindful, you ignore your thoughts. They are seen as non-phenomenal. They come and go and you don't focus on them. They are like clouds drifting by. So as far as "letting go" it's more of a disassociation of you from that. You are not really letting go, you are paying attention. You are keeping your awareness high so you no longer let thoughts pull you into them. You see them for what they are, instead of identifying with them as you. So in this state of mindfulness, if Buddha appears, obviously a concept, you never associate with it which makes it fade away.
Old 30-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
...ready to discard the teaching.

I think it's that you are ready to live the teaching. Teaching is conceptual. Letting go of the teaching and living the reality/experience.

It's that thing where Buddha can't do it for you. The finger pointing at the moon. Also, I believe a certain kind of knowledge resides in the mindstream or soul, or conscious energy or whatever you call it. Some knowledge is stored there and other knowledge is stored in the brains memory. One kind of knowledge is a part of you and the other is mechanical like computer storage just with electrical impulses, chemicals, neurons....that's pretty amazing thing how we store knowledge in a physical brain...also how we know/learn things in what is basically energy.
Old 30-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Suspended
There is an option to let go of GURU or continue learning from GURU. You haven't learn "enough" from your GURU then let go your GURU, is it a wise move or just the ego worm in action. Even you go your own way there is no assurance can get your goal or not even can smell the taste of success.

If you thought you could go/stand on your own feet, why you need a GURU. So how genuine and talent you can manage to achieve your goal. Or may be just wasting the precious time and energy. The chances to success is very limited.

So to leave GURU is not a bad idea just provided your GURU say so you can go for your own that is to see more outside world. But that's not equal to kill the GURU so hard to comprehen and so complicated.