Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-05-2016, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
might be on to something here, i dont think having doubt is the issue, since the first time i projected, i know beyond any doubt that ap is real and that i am able to do it with my imagination and intent, i do how ever, believe that fear may be stoping me, i mean, i dont fear the entities that exist in the astral or anything, its more of a fear of the unknown maybe, when i project, it feels like im doing something that im not sapose to be doing, like i feel guilty, simular to how it feels when you cheat in school or in relations ships.
i cant seem to be able to pin point the cause of this fear, i think i should meditate on this subject to maybe find the reasons why i feel this way.
also, when i project, i get this feeling that im alone and the only person i have is myself, also i get the feeling of having no rules and that anything can happen, feels like the old wild wild west lol.
its hard for me to explain in words, but its like i know what im capable of doing in the astral, and i know that others are just as capable as me, its kinda scary to think about it in that way

The doubt isn't about whether or not AP is real or achievable. In many cases the doubt can simply be the thought of the possibility that one will not succeed in the projection attempt. I've experienced this, so it's probably somewhat common.

If fear is the issue, I believe that the expression "fake it till you make it" can be useful for instilling confidence and overcoming the fear. Tell yourself there is no fear, or better yet, tell yourself you are confident and safe, as affirmations work best in the affirmative form.

I'm not sure what is scary about the idea of AP, but it strikes me that no one is really sure of what they are capable of until they finally do it. What do you think people are capable of in the astral that is worthy of inducing fear? In all my years of projecting I've yet to find something scary about it.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Master

This morning I could feel that I was moving out of my body. I knew what to do. I moved away from my body so I would not wreck it. It worked. I was at a place. I love birds and there were a lot of birds close to me. It was a good experience
Old 03-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Master

I did not mention how I got out of my body. I relax myself all at once and breathe out slowly. I then feel myself moving out of my body. I have done that method a lot. It only works when it is the right time to ap. The right time to ap is when my body and mind is ready to ap.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I did not mention how I got out of my body. I relax myself all at once and breathe out slowly. I then feel myself moving out of my body. I have done that method a lot. It only works when it is the right time to ap. The right time to ap is when my body and mind is ready to ap.

wish i could project like that, when i try to relaxe myself, it feels like i cant simply relax my legs or arms enough, its hard to exsplain, like, ill relax the limb as much as u can, but i still feel some type of tension in them, the only way i can project is if i foocus my mind on one thing until i forget about everything else, or if i let my wonder while i just observe it.or if i let myself get really tired so my body falls asleep really fast.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Master

Everywhere I have read and people say you relax your body. I agree it is a good thing to relax and it helps to ap. I have found you do not have to relax your body to ap. I lie on a thin mattress and it is uncomfortable. I do not feel relaxed at all. I have learnt it is extremely important to relax your mind. The more your mind is relaxed the easier it is to ap. I then relax my whole body at the same time and it often works as I mentioned above.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Everywhere I have read and people say you relax your body. I agree it is a good thing to relax and it helps to ap. I have found you do not have to relax your body to ap. I lie on a thin mattress and it is uncomfortable. I do not feel relaxed at all. I have learnt it is extremely important to relax your mind. The more your mind is relaxed the easier it is to ap. I then relax my whole body at the same time and it often works as I mentioned above.

how do you relax your mind? just let it wonder and not care about anything?
Old 05-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
how do you relax your mind? just let it wonder and not care about anything?

This is not how you relax your mind, as allowing it to wander and run wild is essentially allowing the opposite, as it becomes very active and consciousness tends to get caught up in the mind's fantasies and stories when left unchecked, which can lead to physical and mental tension.

Rather, the mind becomes relaxed with concentration and tranquility, which must be developed and cultivated. When the mind is perfectly content resting on just one meditation object, like the breath, or when the mind can remain still without feeling the need to fabricate stories, then the mind is relaxed.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Master

VinceField said it well. I could not have said that as well as VinceField.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
This is not how you relax your mind, as allowing it to wander and run wild is essentially allowing the opposite, as it becomes very active and consciousness tends to get caught up in the mind's fantasies and stories when left unchecked, which can lead to physical and mental tension.

Rather, the mind becomes relaxed with concentration and tranquility, which must be developed and cultivated. When the mind is perfectly content resting on just one meditation object, like the breath, or when the mind can remain still without feeling the need to fabricate stories, then the mind is relaxed.

i see, that makes a lot of sense, when i do intense visuals or fantasies, like letting my mind wonder, i do feel as if i get relaxed, the down side is that if your not carefull, you will loose yourself and drift into a unconscience dream.
but if one can master staying aware while this doing this, it becomes a very powerfull ap tool.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:07 AM
Master

You can ap by just meditating. I ap a lot that way. Doing an ap technique is good as well. It is best that you are not tired otherwise you are likely to fall asleep.