Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Shabby

Energy is to me that which we may or may not use to create in the physical realm if that is what we choose to do. But we can only create in the physical realm as in spirit/truth all is already created...done.

One day while I was sitting outside I was thinking about God. I heard a voice in my head saying: I am closer than you think. My first reaction was of course you are....everyone knows that. But then when I did not hear anything I started to think....thinking....thought....before thought.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Albert Einstein said that energy could be turned into matter and vice verse. So energy is to matter like water is to ice. If God is a spirit and energy is matter, then energy must be the opposite of spirit. Is energy the source of illusion and only experienced in the physical realm? What are your thoughts?

Hi Shabby, interesting question, hope the answer is just as interesting. Before an atom existed what could have brought it into being? If an atom is energy, what is thought? If consciousness existed before energy, then it was created by mind, a mind that had no connection to any brain association. Where is that mind now, does it extend the human mind, like the Spirit extends the human existence, and if so, would it not be that mind, that survives human end. Now if that mind is formed as a reflection of a Spirit, considering neither have an atomic energy formation, what would be the `energy` that gives form to formlessness? The answers are to be found in ethereal and astral natures, the natural produce of ethereal resonances and astral mind sentience formation.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Shabby

Hey Papa Bear!
I had to read your post a few times as english is my second language. To your question: what brought an atom into being....I really don't know but from the movie "What the bleep do we know" scientist are actually saying these atoms beep in and out of existence and they are wondering where they are appearing when they are not appearing in this physical realm. My guess is that they are not appearing anywhere. What we are witnessing is creation. But who's creation? If an atom is energy then maybe we are powerful enough to create a world outside of reality simply by believing that we are humans. Does a person that is enlightened believe himself to be a human or does she know herself to be the absolute/God?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 PM
hootie

Quote:
Albert Einstein said that energy could be turned into matter and vice verse. So energy is to matter like water is to ice. If God is a spirit and energy is matter, then energy must be the opposite of spirit. Is energy the source of illusion and only experienced in the physical realm? What are your thoughts?

This is an interesting thread.
My thoughts about God are varied but why does God have to be a spirit? Cannot God exist in the material world, made of energy or matter but maybe we are not able to see or detect God with our limited perception.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
To me consciousness is the realm of illusion; the realm of all posisibilties; the realm of duality: conscious and unconscious.

Yet there must be something that is beyond that as all mind is of consciousness. Without mind there is nothing to be conscious or unconscious of. If I take thought I create......good or bad. But what is or who creates when I don't take thought? Do "I" cease to exist?

If we are conscious that it is illusion, is it still illusion or is it illusion because we choose to think of it that way? What are conscious and unconscious but differing states of mind? They are both of the same mind, but who defines what conscious is and what it isn't? Do we turn our minds to a different state and call it unconscious in order to help us understand what conscious is in the same way we create duality, separation and..... everything else?

Perhaps that state of 'I Am' is beyond mind, thought and creation, a state of pure existence.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
If energy is matter then the body must be energy. What "leaves" the body then when we die physically?

The soul, of course, that which animates the body.
A Scottish doctor, I once read, measured how much lighter bodies became at the moment of death. The weight measured was the same in all cases.

The way I see it, energy and matter are really the same but differ only in their rate of vibration.

"...spirit and matter, are but aspects of the One Unity in which they are synthesized" says Theosophy.

http://www.blavatsky.net/blavatsky/s...ndamentals.htm
Old 11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie
This is an interesting thread.
My thoughts about God are varied but why does God have to be a spirit? Cannot God exist in the material world, made of energy or matter but maybe we are not able to see or detect God with our limited perception.

Your question is legit. But that would mean that God is temporal, subject to decay, birth and death.

The reason why I believe God is separate from the physical realm is that even though I can't see life...in a living thing (tree, human, animal) I see a difference between a dead body and one that is alive.That difference must be our true nature and not what form it takes.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If we are conscious that it is illusion, is it still illusion or is it illusion because we choose to think of it that way? What are conscious and unconscious but differing states of mind? They are both of the same mind, but who defines what conscious is and what it isn't? Do we turn our minds to a different state and call it unconscious in order to help us understand what conscious is in the same way we create duality, separation and..... everything else?

Perhaps that state of 'I Am' is beyond mind, thought and creation, a state of pure existence.

An illusion in my opinion is something that is subject to change. Or in other words....if an appearance is perceived different by different people or changes as quantum physics by changing only the one who observe it.....then how "real" can something be? Anything we are conscious or unconscious of is part of the illusion as in order to perceive anything one has to have mind. Yet when the mind is still.....I still am....so my conclusion is that I can't be my mind nor anything my mind can perceive.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
The soul, of course, that which animates the body.
A Scottish doctor, I once read, measured how much lighter bodies became at the moment of death. The weight measured was the same in all cases.

The way I see it, energy and matter are really the same but differ only in their rate of vibration.

"...spirit and matter, are but aspects of the One Unity in which they are synthesized" says Theosophy.

http://www.blavatsky.net/blavatsky/s...ndamentals.htm

Yes. I heard of that experiment too. So the soul which we might call spirit/Life/God leaves the body. So it can't be the body nor energy nor matter. As these things can still be perceived long after life is gone.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Mayflow

My thoughts are that spirit is a creative force, and created energy and matter.

Also, I doubt that spirit has an opposite.