Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Lisa

Lights, curtain, Action!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Humm

*bows*
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Whiteshaman..... here read this. It was probably in reaction to humanity being almost obliterated by flooding/climate change....

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...tepe/mann-text

Thanks Time........I read it and it is stuff like that that makes me understand why you think the way you do. The energy in such writings certainly have an effect on the spiritual mind...................but then there is my own life and it's happenings and mysteries and when I compare the 2, I can see something is amiss.
What I am left with is i just don't know..........anything........
Old 01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
I hate to sound like Moke but... lose your conviction. Just open up to it. Let it happen. It's the easiest way.

Ha! I thought the same thing as I was writing it...................good advice.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Ha! I thought the same thing as I was writing it...................good advice.

*Bows to the Master*
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Master

Hi Miss Hepburn,

The belief is the experience of God, albeit in a partially realized form by the 'lower instrumental being' - a recognition in some way, of the higher more complete Truth. This even applies to atheists who are simply approaching the same recognition in the negative sense, as a rational refutation by the same 'lower being', but through a different process.

Since everything is God, every experience is also God. Whether some people consciously receive a major 'definitive' recognition/awareness experience, or incremental 'lesser' ones along the way is part of the fulfillment of personal necessity at any given time - which is all Grace.

~ J

"There are two for whom there is hope, the man who has felt God's touch & been drawn to it and the sceptical seeker & self-convinced atheist; but for the formularists of all the religions & the parrots of free thought, they are dead souls who follow a death that they call living." - Sri Aurobindo

Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Bluegreen

I think I was born with a belief in God. When I was about 3 or 4 I was taken out into the garden at night and saw all the stars (there are more in the southern hemisphere than there are in the northern one). I asked who had made all that and was told that it was "our dear Lord."

It was quite natural to accept that answer to be true and I have never since doubted that there is a 'higher power' and have always believed in the innate goodness of the universe.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi Miss Hepburn,

The belief is the experience of God, albeit in a partially realized form by the 'lower instrumental being' - a recognition in some way, of the higher more complete Truth. This even applies to atheists who are simply approaching the same recognition in the negative sense, as a rational refutation by the same 'lower being', but through a different process.

Since everything is God, every experience is also God. Whether some people consciously receive a major 'definitive' recognition/awareness experience, or incremental 'lesser' ones along the way is part of the fulfillment of personal necessity at any given time - which is all Grace.

~ J

"There are two for whom there is hope, the man who has felt God's touch & been drawn to it and the sceptical seeker & self-convinced atheist; but for the formularists of all the religions & the parrots of free thought, they are dead souls who follow a death that they call living." - Sri Aurobindo

I like this...........very nice.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi Miss Hepburn,

~ J

Yes I like this as well
Old 01-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Tabitha

I was brought up Catholic, but I didn't truly believe in a God as an adult, not without any genuine conviction at least - and I'm still not sure. I could say I "think" I believe, but I really don't know. In fact I wasn't even sure anything beyond the standard physical universe - as understood by conventional science - even existed. Not at least until I started experiencing a whole heap of paranormal activity in my home a few years ago. But some people would tell me that's a demon. Ho hum. But no, I'm not and don't feel at all "spiritual" - I'm sure I even know what that means. Whatever "it" is, I don't have it.
Sorry, I guess I'm not really the right person to answer this thread!