Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-01-2023, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
authenticity of the session
Of course, the authenticity is relevant on one hand because it's presented with a power of authority, which garners attention through awe and promotes blind belief by undermining individual critical thinking.

On the other hand, for the one who discerns, the authenticity is entirely irrelevant since only the content matters and appeals to authority are both ludicrous and petty.

I'm on the latter side of that coin, so I start with the assumption that the Buddha story is farcical and assess the content on its own merit according to my own discernment, and since this speaker is almost certainly pretending this is Buddha talking, I start with the maximum degree of skepticism.
Old 03-01-2023, 03:58 AM
Master
@ Redchic12 ~ happy you enjoyed the Buddha session

@ Gem ~ that’s alright. You have every right to be sceptical. Accept what resonates as the truth, reject what does not. The teaching is relevant, not the teacher.

@ iamthat ~ wise words as always from you, echoing wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita.

The process of letting go after action, meaning we are unaffected by the outcome, this goes in deep, at least as I’ve discovered along my life path. Desire (or fear) precedes thought, word or action, so where is it rooted but in mind-body identity? Of course, our innate aliveness and creative urge inks the void with hues of intent propelled by our heart, slowly melding with universal consciousness but in the meantime, we are tested by life again and again until the wisdom imbibed is not fully assimilated.

I like to quote Swami Yukteswar Giri on this (from Autobiography of a Yogi) ‘the presence of form in any realm or domain signals unfulfilled desire’ or words to that effect.
Old 03-01-2023, 03:08 PM
Master

Re Falling Leaves #18

You mention control freak/s and that this can cause fights as each struggles for control over the other and many of our problems are due to this kind of thing taken to extremes.

Wow that’s a very strong statement. But I think you have perhaps mistakenly assumed that I was saying I like to control things in my life and that maybe I’m a control freak. That’s ok if that’s how you interpreted my comments. However it’s not exactly what I meant and definitely not how I am. I was trying to say that I believe that am RESPONSIBLE for how I deal with things in my life and not rely on a God. If I rely on myself and take RESPONSIBILITY things generally work out pretty well and even if they didn’t I certainly would be blaming a God for it or anyone else for that fact.

I guess when I said “not giving control to God” was perhaps the wrong phrase to use so I can understand why you have commented as you have. Maybe I should have said something like NOT passing the problem/responsibility to a God.

I am certainly not a control freak and to be honest ive always wondered why people feel the need to control others. It’s a total waste of energy in my book.

I see that you are very upset with people saying that you said “give complete control to God” and that “everyone is buying into this rumour.”.

Jeez I’ve gotta say that I haven’t heard this rumour or read anything in your posts where you said this either. So I don’t know where it came from.

Well I hope these comments give you a better understanding of where I was coming from
Old 03-01-2023, 03:14 PM
Master

IAMTHAT. Yes your second paragraph states exactly what I was trying to say and I totally agree with it. But why use the words “Let go and Let god”. Why not Let go and wait and see what happens for awhile.

Perhaps it’s just a case of semantics hey.LOL
Old 03-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Master

Love your comments Seeker. Totally resonates with me.

I’ve read that book Autobiography of a Yogi. Didn’t Yogananda write that?
Old 03-01-2023, 03:36 PM
Master
@ Redchic12 ~ yes, Yogananda wrote it and his guru was Swami Yukteswar Giri, who’s authored the epic ‘The Holy Science’.
Old 04-01-2023, 12:53 AM
Newbie ;)

FallingLeaves:

My apologies for misrepresenting your opinion. Please, if it wouldn't be too much work, could you explain what you had intended to communicate, as more than one person seems to have gotten confused by (you or my interpretation of you)?

I was trying to avoid accidentally putting you down, and I guess maybe I did that anyway by jumping the gun about what you had to relate.
Old 07-01-2023, 01:11 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelIdiotis
*I suspect the source of control and creativity, is the emotion love. It may be possible to focus on generating the emotion love as a source of control for one's meditations.

The source of creativity, in my opinion, is the overcoming of conflict. It is also what the seventh initiation is all about: harmony through conflict.

As for the relationship between control and love, there is no direct relationship. In fact, control can impede the flowering of love, as love involves an effortless state, whereas control always involves effort.
Old 07-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelIdiotis

However, surely it isn't contradicting Biblical truth to say that psychological self-control is a good thing

Self control is NATURALLY induced by awareness and not by trying to artificially control thought or emotion through thought. Most people, when they have a negative emotion or thought try to use thought to counter it, and that is also one valid way but inferior way to do it. The best way is to be aware of the emotion and not suppress it, to focus on the feeling and let the whole feeling come out in awareness.
Old 07-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurab
Self control is NATURALLY induced by awareness and not by trying to artificially control thought or emotion through thought.
The best way is to be aware of the emotion and not suppress it, to focus on the feeling and let the whole feeling come out in awareness.
The best way for you.
On this Forum we encourage saying ---imo, or I believe or in my exp...(like you did in post 28!). :)
Saying things as fact like this is discouraged. Thanks

This is also a reminder to everyone, not picking on you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru