Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
My boys were attached to their tool boxes at that age and slept with them. You would think they would of wanted a soft cuddly stuffed animal (like the do these days) but no...it was their favorite toy and it kept them comfort when they would wake up at night. A reminder of something they love. I am just glad breast feeding twins is over with. 30 minutes of sleep at a time, and only 1.5 hours in total sleep a night was beyond tiring.

Oh I cant even imagine! My sister has twin boys who will be 1 in July and a 3 year old.... she hasn't slept in years!

A few months back he had a hat he was like that with - slept with it and everything! haha still would wake up 1-3 times yelling but with his hat!

I literally cannot think about him when he is asleep - honestly the instant the image of him enters my mind he wakes up! I am not exaggerating! It never fails!

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 27-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
Thanks Adrienne!

Yea he is downstairs but it is a loft apartment so it is all open and we leave the bathroom light on so it is pretty bright, soft music too...

When we move into our house in July we will set up his crib as a bed... we decided to wait a couple weeks after we move in until he is comfortable in his new surroundings... at this place it would just be stupid - he'd be on the stairs in no time!

I think at this point he knows if he wakes up I will bring him up so now he just expects it -- he'll start pointing up to our room and jumping like he wants to go in that direction

Sounds good Moon Glow, and good idea to letting him settle in at the new house before changing his bed. Nice on the loft and leaving a light on for him

Old 27-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Gracey

[quote=Moon_Glow]Oh I cant even imagine! My sister has twin boys who will be 1 in July and a 3 year old.... she hasn't slept in years!

A few months back he had a hat he was like that with - slept with it and everything! haha still would wake up 1-3 times yelling but with his hat!

I literally cannot think about him when he is asleep - honestly the instant the image of him enters my mind he wakes up! I am not exaggerating! It never fails![/QUOTE

man o man...being a mom is a tiring job at times. hopefully, when you move his sleeping habits will change.

i know what you mean, if i thought of mine, they too would wake up. and if they would fall asleep in the car, i would get super sleepy myself. the bond between children and parents is deep for sure!
Old 27-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Gracey

Just came across this article on facebook.
Thought I would place it here for any interest to read:

How musical training affects cognitive development: rhythm, reward and other modulating variables

http://journal.frontiersin.org/artic...013.00279/full
Old 27-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Just came across this article on facebook.
Thought I would place it here for any interest to read:

How musical training affects cognitive development: rhythm, reward and other modulating variables

http://journal.frontiersin.org/artic...013.00279/full

Thank you Gracey!

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 28-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Master
Will his crib fit in your room or switching it to a toddler bed is a good idea. My son had bad eczema so we let him stay on our bed until he got too big at 2. We moved him to a toddler bed and placed it next to ours. When he was 3, my daughter was born. I moved to another bed so we wouldn't disturb my husband's sleep (he works long hours and needs his rest). My son wanted to stay with me so the 3 of us were on the big bed until he turned 4. I transitioned him back to his toddler bed by my side until he broke his bed by jumping on it. Then we moved him into his own room. My daughter has been on the bed ever since. I don't have the heart to kick her out.

I'd say when he does wake up in the middle of the night, train him to sleep on the floor next to your bed so all of you can get a good night of sleep. Just use the mattress pad from the crib or roll out a sleeping bag or use a thick blanket. Babies and toddlers rarely sleep through the night. They have semi awake phases. My kids used to use their feet or hands to feel for me when they wake up in the middle of the night. I call them feelers. They feel secure when they know someone is next to them.

Every child is different when they start speaking. My son didn't say his first word until he was 14 months and he didn't string his sentences together until he was 2 1/2. But he understood everything. To communicate, he'd point too and say "ah" or "uh." Don't worry. As long as his pediatrician isn't concerned and doesn't think he needs speech therapy and is developing fine, all is well. My daughter spoke early. She said a 6 word sentence at 9 months. Now my son won't stop talking. He's 13.

We are unconventional. We didn't let our kids cry it out. We let them sleep when they need it and eat when they are hungry. I think they turned out okay. On their first day of preschool and Kindergarten, they happily left my side and ran to their teachers. I was the only one that cried. My brother used the cry it out method on his kids and they turned out okay as well.

Music is fundamentally important for the development of the brain. Studies have shown that playing an instrument and learning music pieces the only exercise that works out every part of the brain so it's like fireworks going on in there. Great article Gracey! So go into a routine and play his favorite music cd or mp3 before bedtime and let him play with toddler musical toys.

Good luck on the move and hopefully his sleep habits will get better and all of you will get good sleep!
Old 28-04-2016, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator
I remember being a little tiny kid like this, and yes it was (illogically for adults) quite scary to wake up and be alone. Strange noises would upset me....such as the noise of the wind gently blowing (sounded strange) or stars 'looking at me' from a lovely night sky. Sometimes a shadow on the wall would make me feel forlorn and alone. I guess I cried. Can't recall exactly now.
My parents put my crib in their room for a time and I felt nice about that but I suppose it was a bad idea. Because it made 'toughing out the alone-ness' even harder next time...

I think it is probably natural for very young children to sleep with or near their parents. It was probably that way in the ancient days of our species.

But I also agree that hard working parents (in the 21st century) need their sleep. 6 hours straight is wonderful. 8 would be heaven.
It's a dilemma!