Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-12-2023, 12:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrations
Autistic is just a word, I see my son how he is, the point I was making are the hyper senses with spiritual development.
We rely on words and their meanings to navigate this dimension.

I understand what's meant by someone described as autistic but just as with the often-mispronounced, similar word "artistic", the range of associated attributes is considerable and both words relate partially to what's observed but also partially what's not seen.

Spiritual development is in the soul/spirit and not an attribute of the physical body.
Old 18-12-2023, 12:33 PM
Master

Lets not dive deep into the correctness of the matter, and give space for the positive vibes that were set out by OP is my 2 cents. I think this thread is good and well. Nuance was added and now its not only a positive thread, but also a thread that actually respects factuality of the subject. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by CosmicWonder : 18-12-2023 at 01:23 PM.
Old 18-12-2023, 04:55 PM
Experiencer

I agree the thread is just fine and it can comfortably accommodate a range of approaches to this subject. I always prefer facts and experience over opinion or beliefs and I won't substitute the latter for the former, even when details are uncertain.
Old 19-12-2023, 11:23 AM
Guide

There is a really interesting book on this subject called 'Autism and the God connection' which is well worth a read, even if the G word is offputting for some.

I'm on the fence about the connection as my son is very severely autistic and bringing him up as been horrendously difficult. He has no obvious special abilities or talents, has no speech, can be violent, no sense of danger etc. But I can see similarities between us both in that he gets very overstimulated very easily and prefers his internal world. I tend to bristle when people suggest autistic people are 'Buddha' like or similar because of my family's experiences. I'm not sure he is in any way closer to awakening that anyone else. But now I take the view that he was made the way he is to suit his personal journey, same as everyone else, autistic or otherwise.
Old 20-12-2023, 07:31 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
I'm not sure he is in any way closer to awakening that anyone else. But now I take the view that he was made the way he is to suit his personal journey, same as everyone else, autistic or otherwise.
That's a wonderfully enlightened approach. blessings
Old 20-12-2023, 07:59 PM
Administrator
That is a Lovely Approach to it.

Namaste
Old 28-12-2023, 10:18 PM
Knower

I see how we look within as parents, but being an autistic parent, I don’t know if I should say this or not, but I am going to take my chances based on Dr Diane Hennercy and her findings without the conspirituality, but expertise, I use to think I am learning to be human growing up with autism, I went through a variety of past trauma, and although I could see a way out, I decided to stay and see it through, it was like a need like I was here to learn, yet my intuition told me I will be ok, but then I realise now reflecting on this and the knowledge I’ve learned is that my purpose was to understand humans whilst being human, and I am still learning, maybe this is the mental health or - what if mental health is the trauma or learning and understanding to be human? I suppose my question would be more understanding to those who believe in past lives, spirit and those who look inside the box, but also beyond the external of the universe. This is my own personal experience with autism growing into adulthood, without using poetry to justify words.

Last edited by vibrations : 28-12-2023 at 11:00 PM.
Old 29-12-2023, 12:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrations
I see how we look within as parents, but being an what if mental health is the trauma or learning and understanding to be human?

for me a lot of it is, learning to cope with things that are quite clearly 'real' while at the same time having to deal with the fact that many others want to say words maintaining that these same thinks aren't 'real' at all....

it is very hard, for me, to be presented with something as a known reality, yet others want to completely deny it, and try to have and hold it for myself.... and maybe in some ways that is why I get labels such as 'mentally challenged', because I can't go along with the crowd on certain things even though if I'd had my druthers I very much would have.
Old 29-12-2023, 08:29 AM
Knower

I suppose it is the society we grow up in, mental health has rocketed and I praise those psychologists that look at it from a different point than labels.
Old 29-12-2023, 01:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I know a few people who are Autistic and have worked with them, not all autistic people are a wear that they are able to do things others can not.
My friends son is severely Autistic he is loosing his ability to speak
yet he can tell you the 24 hour clock straight away,
He cant be let out on his own as he has got no road sense.

his cousin is also autistic he can tell you the Alphabet in a flash, so people born with Autism are able to do some things but not others as their understanding is not there,

Namaste
I'm kind of Aspie (this word is hypocritical of me to use, because I actually don't like the connotation of this word, because of Hans Asperger), it seems, and although I'm not able to do something now, I'll be able to do that later, if I want.