Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Are you suggesting all these things are false and your way is right? Thats the problem with this world...always holding judgement and being righteous...thats why the there's so much chaos. Its a pity more didnt adopt the "take the log out of your own eye" policy.....maybe it'd be a better and more peaceful world to be in?

Yes and No, now that we are suggesting things lets examine them.

Matthew 7:3-5; Luke 6:41-42

Jesus unmasks the mechanisms of projection and transference. What we criticize most harshly in others is often a projection of something that we dislike about ourselves but are afraid to admit. The faults we find most intolerable in others are our own faults. Our own repressed log, if we ever simply pay attention NIGHTSPIRIT to the spontaneous judgments that are constantly arising in us, we can learn much about ourselves and our own unconscious.

Last edited by Shim : 29-11-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 29-11-2010, 07:40 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim

Jesus unmasks the mechanisms of projection and transference. What we criticize most harshly in others is often a projection of something that we dislike about ourselves but are afraid to admit. The faults we find most intolerable in others are our own faults. Our own repressed log, if we ever simply pay attention NIGHTSPIRIT to the spontaneous judgments that are constantly arising in us, we can learn much about ourselves and our own unconscious.

i've been learning this recently & it's a good point which i find to be true
Old 29-11-2010, 07:53 PM
debbie.b

What we criticize most harshly in others is often a projection of something that we dislike about ourselves but are afraid to admit. The faults we find most intolerable in others are our own faults.

see, i've learnt something new. i never knew this came from the bible....... :-)
Old 30-11-2010, 04:02 AM
whiteride

Quote:

Nice Shim.
I will take it further.
You may criticise logs if you have only specks. If you have had a log before you have removed, and then see the same log in another, it makes sense to give them some help in removing their log, so long as it is indeed help that you are giving and the log does progress towards being removed.

Eye surgery must be a careful process. It is just as easy to damage the eye than heal it.

This of course requires the first principal to reign supreme, and never an excuse to judge without the first principal, and using the second principal in an eye to eye fashion, with no doubt that comes from a seed of love.
Old 30-11-2010, 04:13 AM
whiteride

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b
What we criticize most harshly in others is often a projection of something that we dislike about ourselves but are afraid to admit. The faults we find most intolerable in others are our own faults.

see, i've learnt something new. i never knew this came from the bible....... :-)

There are still things people not on this earth know come from the bible.
When you write like the night, and fill it with day, and change hands as you write, only those who love God can hear you.

Those that cannot hear you, do not reply for fear of being considered unintelligible. It is effective way of delivering sermon or word that is forever safe. It is to speak with a blue tongue, with the ears of honey. I also write like this. It avoids conflict of the thin skinned and foolish, and pierces the hearts of the thick skin and wise.
Poetry write to the left ear. Most else write to the right. I write to the middle ear.

If jesus spoke plainly. His words would never have lasted.

That is why his word lasts forever. For it accuses you and you do not even know it, for at the time you are ready to be accused is the time you are ready to understand his words. Until then you interpret them as per your comfort, according to the stream you swim. The main stream is the most common ground to fish.

For a better word, accused being helped, for an idea to lead the world to love, so that love is within all, for the sake of all. So much so that such a world would be so nice, that it is a selfish endeavour that unfolds into selflessness.

The reason I say all this is to proclaim, there is much teachings in the bible, that still have not been understood as far as they will be in the future.

Just because some gargoyles bare their teeth at the gates of church, where a book is read and interpreted, does not mean the book is bad. Only people are bad.

Which is why I say, do not be anti-christian and anti-jesus and anti-bible or even anti-scientology.

Eat the good fruit on each tree, and just avoid the bad fruit.

I see you. Open eyes. I see you. You see me. What is the barrier between us? One has long sight, and one has short sight. Who allows people to stare deep into their eye? Who is willing to stare deep into an eye and at the same time be seen the same way?

The tongues hide in the mouth. The ears tune in and out. The eyes have little escape, but to either look away or close them.

So if your eyes are hiding much. Consider how much your ears tune out, and how much your tongues are lashing inside the cave, making it hard to hear outside the cave.

Last edited by whiteride : 30-11-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old 30-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Someone believes Christians are only nice because they fear God, but spiritualists are naturally nice 100% of time. I don't agree since not every spiritualist I meet is naturally nice. And not all Christians are fearful of God. Some find God loving instead of fearful. I think this person no longer likes me since I'm moving more into Christianity direction. It doesn't mean I no longer have spiritual beliefs. What are your thoughts?

There's a difference between an unbelievers and a believers fear of God. A believers fear is reverence for God. On a another note in Proverbs, Proverbs, and the Bible as a whole, does not try to prove the existence of its God; it rather presents God's existence as a presupposition that is manifest in history and nature.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This verse demands a particular attitude in one's relationship to Israel's covenant God, and that is communicated through fear.

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. As a beginning this statement claims that there is no knowledge apart from a proper attitude and relationship to the Lord. Fear of the Lord is foundational to knowledge, which here functions as a close synonym to wisdom. The word "beginning" has the sense not only of "first" but also of foundation or even source. It many not be stretching the concept too far to think of the beginning of wisdom functioning as a presupposition or preunderstanding. It is the first thought that makes all other thoughts fall into place.

Fear, from respect or awe to utter terror. Indisputable, however, is the basic premise that to fear the Lord is to stand in a subservient position to him, to acknowledge one's dependence upon him. In the context of knowledge, it is to recognize that there is no true knowledge without reference to him. True knowledge begins with an acknowledgment that everything is created and sustained by God and that he is the one who imparts knowledge not only through revelation but also through experience, observations and reason.

The second truth from the opposite perspective. Wisdom begins with the fear of the Lord, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. Of course it is ridiculous to think that those who reject God have no knowledge or understanding of anything. Indeed, in ancient and as well as modern times, some of the brightest people are either indifferent or even hostile toward God. There is a group of people who despise wisdom and therefore implicitly despise the Lord, and they are the fools. The "fool" or the mocker, Proverbs 27:22, "Though you grind a fool in a mortar, grinding him like grain with a pestle, you will not remove his folly from him." The fool is characterized as an incorrigible ignoramus. Its verbal root means to grow thick. It would take such a fool to reject wisdom and discipline, which leads to such wonderful consequences.

Last edited by Shim : 30-11-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 30-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:

I wasn't the one who said it first....I was responding to your own judgement in your post.
Old 30-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Shim

Quote:
I wasn't the one who said it first....I was responding to your own judgement in your post.

Uptop the trees over the hill in and out of the valley above and beyond the fields.... """""wh00sh""""
Old 30-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Uptop the trees over the hill in and out of the valley above and beyond the fields.... """""wh00sh""""

Quote:

Yea, and the real people are hiding behind the many forms of spirituality, meditating in unusual physical positions bending their bodies backwards in an ugly fashion, seeking conversation with the spirit world, etc., that may seem to be “spiritual, " to some, but they are in fact false spirituality.

Whatever!.....

I'm not defending any of the practices you typed here....in fact I also view some practices as weird and wacky, but to each his own. What annoys me is that one can make these comments that you made, without seeing them as judgemental, then so quickly point out another as being judgemental.

Anyway...I'm over it...have a great day.
Old 30-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Shim

Quote:
Whatever!.....

I'm not defending any of the practices you typed here....in fact I also view some practices as weird and wacky, but to each his own. What annoys me is that one can make these comments that you made, without seeing them as judgemental, then so quickly point out another as being judgemental.

Anyway...I'm over it...have a great day.

puts the wick down on the candle and burns after an echoless clap of thunder """wh00sh"""

Last edited by Shim : 30-11-2010 at 08:27 AM.