Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adept
It's more to do with your own inclinations. We all develop "biases" based on how we were raised, stories we are told, things we study, even what we choose to like. Personally I love Egyptian symbolism, but this doesn't mean I was somehow in Ancient Egypt. No, I was raise Jewish and when I became interested in magick I remembered the stories of the Egyptians I had learned, plus Hermeticism turned it on even more and here I am!

I've never been taught anything about the Celts.

I was raised by City & Southern AA people in both the Baptist and Catholic church (I've been a Catholic church twice. Once to Mass and the other to my Grandfather's funeral)

The most access I had to ancient history was the National Geographic Magazines in my home, as the school system here is horrible, but my Grands were huge proponents of education. I believe there, on the pages of National Geographic was where I first met and became mesmerized by the Egyptians, via the story of King Tut.

I began liking History all on my own, but as I said, the Celts are not taught in school so their symbols would mean nothing to me, otherwise.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:32 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwen*Angel
I have always been drawn to numerous Ancient Egyptian symbols, and while I have no recall of a past life in Ancient Egypt, I have recall of an Atlantean past life, and have been told before that some Atlanteans fled to Ancient Egypt.

I have also always been drawn to stars and am not 100% sure what that means though have been told my soul is of Sirian origin.

I too am interested in Celtic, Gaelic and Old English symbolism, art and lettering and I have recall of at least 2 separate lives in Scotland in the Dark Ages.

That Atlantis story intrigues me, so.

If I'm somewhere that I can see the stars, I'm stuck there in amazement...Went to learn about constellations early on in school and have been in love ever since.

Though Elvish is a made up language influenced heavily by Gaelic and Welsh, it seems so familiar to me. I think if I tried, I'd learn it with no problem.

Maybe I'm an Elf.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:45 AM
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidDreamer
I've never been taught anything about the Celts.

I was raised by City & Southern AA people in both the Baptist and Catholic church (I've been a Catholic church twice. Once to Mass and the other to my Grandfather's funeral)

The most access I had to ancient history was the National Geographic Magazines in my home, as the school system here is horrible, but my Grands were huge proponents of education. I believe there, on the pages of National Geographic was where I first met and became mesmerized by the Egyptians, via the story of King Tut.

I began liking History all on my own, but as I said, the Celts are not taught in school so their symbols would mean nothing to me, otherwise.

There's no need for prior education to be drawn to something. I found my first pentagram in a Spencer's and had no idea what it was.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:59 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
There's no need for prior education to be drawn to something. I found my first pentagram in a Spencer's and had no idea what it was.

One time, I found a spirit board and knew to put it right back where I found it. Never even went back to look for it again ever in life. I'm sure it isn't there anymore, but I knew that it was something that I didn't want to mess with. No one told me anything about it. I was about 4 or 5 years old.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:59 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

One time, I found a spirit board and knew to put it right back where I found it. Never even went back to look for it again ever in life. I'm sure it isn't there anymore, but I knew that it was something that I didn't want to mess with. No one told me anything about it. I was about 4 or 5 years old.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Adept

Quote:

Where did you find it?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Like, I feel if my great-grandfather were in fact from Celtic ancestry, then my gifts may have come from there.

But, they could have also come from my grandmother's side, as that whole side is gifted. From seeing the spirits of both animals and people, to dreaming, to being able to actually perform spells (her sister dabbled in wicca, I believe.) to her grandmother being a "fortune teller".

IDK MermaidD, the more I researched my own ancestry (there was a question I needed answered), the less I felt my own DNA was a factor in the past. There were some countries/cultures of origin I felt some connection to, but, honestly, doing that felt more like making connections rather than feeling them.

Just remember that the DNA you have now, you didn't necessarily have in past lives. In fact, I think we change it up on purpose. So, as a soul, it might not have as much impact on us as we think.

Lora
Old 04-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Where did you find it?

Under my Grands' bed.

I was an only child for 9 years so I would go on little adventures in the house "treasure hunting" to entertain myself.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
IDK MermaidD, the more I researched my own ancestry (there was a question I needed answered), the less I felt my own DNA was a factor in the past. There were some countries/cultures of origin I felt some connection to, but, honestly, doing that felt more like making connections rather than feeling them.

Just remember that the DNA you have now, you didn't necessarily have in past lives. In fact, I think we change it up on purpose. So, as a soul, it might not have as much impact on us as we think.

Lora

I see. Thanks for all your input
Old 04-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Adept

Let me ask you guys this:

You drawn to any modern music? Any movies? You like some modern video games? I know the answer is yes for me to all of the above. I can explain what I like about them but not necessarily why I like it over, say, another genere (well I often can but I've practiced). It's the same as being drawn to things from the past.

I'm also drawn to things that absolutely put me in awe from the start, but I definitely never lived a life in Middle Earth.