Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-01-2022, 02:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes, as ''anyone'' here refers to persons and that takes an 'ego'.

It's the killer of killers on all these threads.

Not at all, but that's OK
Old 04-01-2022, 11:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Really, in this context it's a compliment ((to Hazada Guess)), Greenslade.
Sssshhh it's our secret.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This statement is based on a very limited understanding of ego and Spirituality.
That's all about you, not me, and if you don't understand that then who is limited?
Old 04-01-2022, 11:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes, as ''anyone'' here refers to persons and that takes an 'ego'.
Coming in here and posting needs an ego
Old 04-01-2022, 11:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
ThatMan, everyone can do things that would deepen their spiritual experience.
Here's what I can't figure. We are Spiritual beings on a human Journey and phrases of that ilk and the experiencer and the experienced are one and the same. How can we have what is not a 'Spiritual experience?'

And if there is just Brahman?

Since we're talking about the ego, isn't that psychoanalysis and not Spirituality? If we are Spiritual shouldn't we be talking about Ahamkara, which is ancient Eastern understandings?

When we begin to resolve the conflict within ourselves, the Spiritual aspects of us become emergent.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:29 PM
Master

Greenslade, in my opinion everything works for the one thing. We can have a fractured view of life and put a distinct label on each piece. Understanding that how we define something is how we will approach that something, or we can try to see the light in all things and realize that there is only one thing going on here.

All of the religions are fractured into sects and denominations which have their own individual spin. When I studied comparative religions I looked for the similarities and not the differences, but I realize that it is all about people and not schools of thought, philosophies, theologies, or theosophies.

People, or egos, are all at different stages of development, and the stage of development where they are at will determine not only what they will embrace but also how they will embrace it. Everything is spiritual, its just a variation of vibrating frequencies. We live and have our being in an ocean of vibration.

Nothing is really solid, everything is in motion, everything is constantly changing. You are correct in saying “how can we not have a spiritual experience.” But that is part of the paradox; everything is one and yet there are opposite poles. In my journey psychoanalysis was a stepping stone to spirituality. It was a different vibration, a different understanding, on the same journey towards self realization.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
It was a different vibration, a different understanding, on the same journey towards self realization.
Had to smile because one suddenly realizes ego changes vibration. Why does experience of energy lead to understanding? I have always found it is the experience that brings the vibration.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Had to smile because one suddenly realizes ego changes vibration. Why does experience of energy lead to understanding? I have always found it is the experience that brings the vibration.
We are energy, or spirit by another name, interacting with itself. The experience and the experiencer
are the same. Throw constant change, or motion, into the mix and we have a variation of experiences.
That change or motion is vibration.

The Hebrew Kabbalah says that creation began with the whirling of sound. Sound was the first material
thing to manifest, i.e. the big bang, “in the beginning was the word,” Om, and many other references to
the primordial sound. Sound is nothing more than vibration.

Vibration at a high pitch creates light, light refracted creates images. We live as human beings in images
refracted by light. Creating a constantly changing kaleidoscope. Color is to light what sound is to vibration.
Everything emerges from silence, the primordial vibration is within us; it is us. In my opinion that primordial
vibration is within everything.

This is a metaphysical perspective, although most perspectives of life are anthropomorphic. Even to the
point that lots of people apply anthropomorphism to the stars, planets, animals, insects, and plant life.
I view it more as s highly attractive aliveness of chemistry. Vibrations at various frequencies interacting
with each other. In my opinion, we live and have our being in a very dynamic ocean of vibration.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:18 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Coming in here and posting needs an ego

The voices we do not hear are the voices that might know……at least their silence does not upset our equilibrium……..
Old 06-01-2022, 07:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Here's what I can't figure. We are Spiritual beings on a human Journey and phrases of that ilk and the experiencer and the experienced are one and the same. How can we have what is not a 'Spiritual experience?'

And if there is just Brahman?

That is a convenient hypothesis when one hasn't experienced the broader dimensions of consciousness that can only be reached when the true spiritual powers are invoked - love, compassion, selflessness, denial of ego.

Until then, logic can say whatever it wants, but it can't touch the doors of Truth.

It's like a salesperson who says all the right words, ticks all the right boxes on paper, but life is another thing altogether. We can't fool life, no matter how much we might do to ourselves and another.

YMMV