Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 15-12-2011, 09:53 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
He is more than likely showing you a time or a place where he knows you from. Saying that he will be back is to reassure you that your guides are always with you.

You are ready to meet them and work with them. He knows it, he's just waiting ;) You will find the answers about who he is and what he wants from him. Trust it.

Thanks,Laura.
That makes sense,because I feel this is dragging on a little too long.
Also I am losing sleep over it.
Just get settled down and I hear a voice.
Old 21-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Experiencer
I agree with Laura, working on communicating with your guides is key. I learned spirit communication "by myself" - but I was able to do that because once I learned to understand some of what my guides were telling me I had the best teachers possible. In fact, if you are able to communicate with them well, I think that is a much better way of learning than with human teachers (though you will need those too if you plan to do platform mediumship, as there will then be non-spirit aspects to learn about). Your guides are the facilitators between you and the spirit world.

The other key is meditation (or things which bring you to a meditative state, like the state you are in before you sleep).
In my case I think I had some natural advantage in this department because I have a quiet, dreamy sort of mind and not a chattering one like most people seem to, but I firmly believe that practice and willingness to open to spirit guidance can get you anywhere you want to be. Try to practice meditation a little each day even if it is only for ten minutes - some people find it harder than others but with practice it will get easier, and the better you become at meditation the more enjoyable an experience it becomes, so you will find it a pleasure and not a chore.

Good luck!
Old 21-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Distortedsoundz

Ha! I got the picture flash too when my joy guide came in. Then she kept popping up over the course of a week and I'm like "Who the heck is this pretty,dark haired lady and what does she want? Is she a loved one of someone that I know? or what?" It kept bothering me because since I'm still developing I don't know the difference between who and what and I did not recognize her as anyone that passed.
When I was in my development class on Sunday I asked my teacher "Who the heck is this lady?" Thinking that she might have belonged to someone else there. My teacher was like "That's your joy guide." Duh! I kept asking to meet my joy guide and there she was and I did not realize it!

So I suppose now that you got to meet your guide keep trying to work with him.
I'm learning that they do not always communicate so bluntly like we do.
For instance, while giving a reading to a lady in my class, a little "daydream" of a toy train was going in circles, then it flashed to a big, real train going straight on a track and through a tunnel. Then an image of a little kid hanging onto her leg not wanting to let go. I wrote it down thinking that I was nuts and it was going to be a big mess that made no sense, but here, it made perfect sense to her so I'm learning that guides are not always going to communicate the exact way we want to and to not discount those funny little "daydreams" :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Going to tell you a little story......

I had contact with this guide or whatever he is,some time ago.
A male voice giving me the answer to a question I asked .
I asked another question and was given the answer to that.

A couple of nights ago,I was drifting off to sleep when a picture flashed into my mind.
it showed a television studio with a man standing in the middle of this studio.
He was average height,slim and looked about 30 odd years or so.
What was strange was the studio was showing in black and white like the old televisions from years ago.
The studio looked very old fashioned as well.

Everything in black and white.
He stood there for a while then raised his hand to me and I heard (in my mind) the words 'I will be back'.

I have a feeling that this man is the same who gave me answers to questions a while back.
And has more to give.....

This is why I am asking for help with mediumship.
To understand what he is trying to say.
Old 21-12-2011, 10:33 AM
deepsea

I am still waiting but feel he will be back soon.
I haven't been given this guide's name yet but he is a very well spoken male,has given me much information over the last few months,now waiting for the final outcome.
Old 22-12-2011, 03:49 AM
Medium_Laura

Right Distorted, they communicate in symbols, clips, anagrams and short words or even song lyrics. They don't have bodies or voice boxes so it's a bit different. It's like learning a whole new language. I did not have a mentor and had to figure this all out on my own. I did read some of Edgar Cayce and George Anderson back in the 80s and 90s which helped me along.
Old 22-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Distortedsoundz

I'm just now learning about the way guides communicate. Funny, I was always a big daydreamer, I wonder how much of that was just me, and how much of it was spirit trying to come through? I'm just excited that my guides are coming through and happy that I have a darling of a mentor.

I love your advice on here Laura :)

Quote:
Right Distorted, they communicate in symbols, clips, anagrams and short words or even song lyrics. They don't have bodies or voice boxes so it's a bit different. It's like learning a whole new language. I did not have a mentor and had to figure this all out on my own. I did read some of Edgar Cayce and George Anderson back in the 80s and 90s which helped me along.
Old 22-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Knower

Quote:
They communicate in symbols, clips, anagrams and short words or even song lyrics. They don't have bodies or voice boxes so it's a bit different. It's like learning a whole new language.

Not easy trying to learn it thats fur sure it ......
Old 22-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Medium_Laura

Thanks. I want to help people the best I can because I didn't have anyone when I was learning. My way obviously isn't the only way, but it's the only way I know how.

It isn't easy Orbie, often I missed what was being said and only later did I realize that this symbol meant this, only because I found out after it happened or I got some sort of confirmation that gave me the "oh! I see!"

I have notebooks where I would write down my dreams, this helped me to learn the symbols. For me snakes are healing, shedding old beliefs, etc. In a reading with a client, if I see snakes around them. That's my symbol to them to say that.

Another symbol I get often is tornados. When I see them in dreams about myself or for others, they mean emotional turmoil. Usually anger and outbursts. Just takes time to understand :)

I've been learning since I was 5 and I continue to learn from them :)
Old 22-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Knower

Some symbols, the interpretations can either hit you eg tornadoes/turmoil but some are way more obscure and maybe I didnt get as far as having enough experience of them to begin to understand the more obscure ones.

I say used to as I'm still experiencing a period of hibernation!

Thanks again for sharing your experiences x
Old 27-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Toolite

I agree with Laura let your guides train you.. Your Spirit Guides are balanced with truth and have your best interest at heart at all times.. Where a soul or ghost they are doing the best that they can and there are different types of souls and spirits to encounter.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!