Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerkat
You might need to commute or relocate to find the better jobs. As far as not liking working with a lot of people or a roomful of students..have you ever considered teaching math at a place like Sylvan Learning Center..thats tutoring but its one on one.

Starting a non-profit to help animals is a worthy goal. Talk to some non-profits if you can and get some solid advice. You might try approaching the pet food industry instead of individuals. Or visa-versa if the pet food industry isn't willing to help. But really research it good before you start out. You can always volunteer at a local animal shelter for awhile which would give you great first hand experience. I did that one summer. You could also make connections that might help you when you start your own.

Wish you all the best. Sooner or later it will all come together.

I've been trying to relocate since I got here. I know it's the recession but even when it wasn't the recession, this state has always had the worst economy. Unfortunately, I can't relocate w/o being able to afford to do so. That's why I've been trying to find a j-o-b so I can save and get the heck out of here! But, that has yet to happen and although I'm very resourceful, I've run out of ideas. And, that's a first for me. Trust me.

Oh well. Things will turn up sooner or later. I'll just keep trying. Never give up!
Old 16-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Summerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticAthlete
I've been trying to relocate since I got here. I know it's the recession but even when it wasn't the recession, this state has always had the worst economy. Unfortunately, I can't relocate w/o being able to afford to do so. That's why I've been trying to find a j-o-b so I can save and get the heck out of here! But, that has yet to happen and although I'm very resourceful, I've run out of ideas. And, that's a first for me. Trust me.

Oh well. Things will turn up sooner or later. I'll just keep trying. Never give up!

Yea don't ever give up. Take whatever you can until what you want shows up. Cause you never know who you might meet on any job..which might lead to something better. Its the holiday season and maybe someone is hiring sales clerks or something...that probably isn't what you want... but while doing it you strike up a conversation with a customer who just happens to lead you closer to your own goals. (just was using that for example) Or volunteering is a great way to meet people. You'd be more relaxed on a volunteer job since you're offering your time, there isn't the same pressure. And something may come of it.

Even picking up a book club or some hobby related club in the evenings will expose you to new people and new ideas. Just stay involved with life. And all the best to you :)
Old 16-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Summerkat

One other thing just remembered...when you narrow it down what you really want to do...there are internet forums for just about every career field. Scout those out. You can find people talking about their own experiences and how they entered the field and also oftentimes opportunities are posted on those.
Old 16-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Yea don't ever give up. Take whatever you can until what you want shows up. Cause you never know who you might meet on any job..which might lead to something better. Its the holiday season and maybe someone is hiring sales clerks or something...that probably isn't what you want... but while doing it you strike up a conversation with a customer who just happens to lead you closer to your own goals. (just was using that for example) Or volunteering is a great way to meet people. You'd be more relaxed on a volunteer job since you're offering your time, there isn't the same pressure. And something may come of it.

Even picking up a book club or some hobby related club in the evenings will expose you to new people and new ideas. Just stay involved with life. And all the best to you :)

Thanks! Yeah, I'll keep trying to get small jobs but as of yet, that has yet to happen. Macy's? Nope. Dillards? Nope. Lowes? Nope. Costco? Nope. Home Depot? Nope. I'm like geez...I'm pretty sure I can hang clothes up and stock shelves; where's the love!?

Also, I'm in a "union" state and they don't allow people to volunteer; I've tried...at various companies. I figured I'd work for free just to get experience and get out of the house but they told me that was against "state labor laws". I figured one company would give in so I kept asking different companies but they all said the same thing. Um...huh? Since when do people turn down free help? This is a crazy state I'm in...NEVER move/live in NV. It's a hell hole. Looks like my only option is to hit the pole! Jk.
Old 16-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Summerkat

There are companies and there are companies, lol. Certain types of places have more of history with volunteers like animal shelters, hospitals, food banks, etc. Places where people turn in need...those kind of places are generally always looking for volunteers.

But until something like that turns up...like I was telling you..join a club. What you want to do is meet more and more people..a wider and wider circle and the more people that know you are looking the better.

Glad you're not gonna give up. That would be the worst thing you could do. And I really hope something turns up soon for you.
Old 16-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
There are companies and there are companies, lol. Certain types of places have more of history with volunteers like animal shelters, hospitals, food banks, etc. Places where people turn in need...those kind of places are generally always looking for volunteers.

But until something like that turns up...like I was telling you..join a club. What you want to do is meet more and more people..a wider and wider circle and the more people that know you are looking the better.

Glad you're not gonna give up. That would be the worst thing you could do. And I really hope something turns up soon for you.

Ok...shall do...and thanks!
Old 17-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Master
This is a noble idea that I'm sure would catch on. Summerkat's idea about approaching the pet food industry is purrrfect They would like good PR, especially if the local paper writes an article about your good Samaritanism... Look around for pet lovers - there are people who will splurge a lot of money for pets-in-distress. Get on pet forum maybe or post a notice about what you're doing at local off leash parks. Make connections with social service agencies, food banks and the Salvation Army...you may make friends with potential volunteers etc... One thing could lead to another. If you find that synchonicity starts to happen to make it effortless for you ever time you take a risk, that's a thumbs up from the universe and it will lead to wonderful things.
Old 17-12-2010, 01:35 AM
iolite

Quote:
I also love animals and have thought about starting a Non-Profit Org that helps unemployed people feed their dogs/cats so they don't have to turn them into the animal shelter but I haven't found people who are willing to donate...yet. I called a couple of people this morning and as soon as you say "Donate", they're like, "Oh no...we don't do that." Geez! Where's the love. Oh well, I'll start the Non-Profit sooner or later. I may have to wait until I have a job and can fund it myself.

So far, I just give free life-advice to my friends. I seem to be the person they come to w/ their problems and I enjoy helping people solve their problems...which is why a career in Counseling Psych is an option for me. But, we'll see...

Have you thought being a pet sitter? There are usually a couple of pet sitting businesses in any city, you could learn the ropes and start your own business if you wanted, but at the very least, it would give you something to do.

Another idea is "Life Coach" - It seems there aren't any requirements, anybody can become one, lol.
Old 17-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Edit Thread Title: How do you figure out your life's purpose?

How do you figure out your life's purpose? Three years ago, I embarked on a journey to fulfill my life's purpose (I actually left graduate school to do this b/c I knew I was on the wrong path) and it seems like things are getting worse and worse and worse. The more wise and knowledgeable I get (spiritually), the worse my outer surroundings become.

I feel like there's an unknown force blocking me from doing everything I attempt to do. I've had soo many jobs within the past yr that end up "letting me go", it's become ridiculous! Everything I try to accomplish seems to fall apart. Am I doing something wrong? This has NEVER happened to me before.

Before I embarked on my soul searching journey/spiritual awakening, everything fell into my lap. Now, I don't have a job, I don't have any $$ (really, I don't even have $1), I've had to move back in with my parents because I can't afford my own apartment, I can't afford to pay any of my bills so my credit is horrible and I've had to turn off my cellphone and internet (<--I'm at the public library :) ), all of my friends have seemd to disappear, and I don't feel the "love" from my parents and siblings anymore. I can tell we don't have a connection anymore and I find that odd. I feel like everything has been taken from me and I don't know why? (Note: I'm grateful for my health, having a roof over my head, the little food I have, etc.)

Do you guys have any words of wisdom? I have absolutely nothing to do everyday so I kind of hate waking up in the morning b/c my day is full of boredom. In the beginning, I started reading but it's been 3yrs and I've probably read over 100 books. I'm sick of reading. I just want to get on with life but it's obvious some foce is against this happening...despite how many times I've told myself that's a ridiculous notion. Now, it's clear that there is something bigger than me that is somewhat holding my captive and taking away everything I've ever wanted. How do I change my situatio?

Fyi--With all of that said, I still have an inner peace...but I want to get on with life. I'm very ambitious and I'm used to accomplishing things; I don't like being stuck at home with nothing to do. And, I've felt like I was "made for greatness"/created to make a difference in the world...could this be my preparation?

Thanks...

I think you should get a numerology reading done. It is the best way to remember what our goals, what we thrive off of, what our purpose is.
For example, mine told me i need constant change, I am an adventurous person at heart. It is good, because it points out what makes you as an individual tick, so you can follow it, and find more love for your life. You can find some amazing sites, and get a numerology reading done for free online.
Well, i used to be as confused as you, thus the numerology reading was very helpful.
In the end scheme of things, we find what our life purpose is throughout time and experience.
You have to follow little things first, like meditating, following what your inner self wants to do, finding what you truly love, what you truly need for your life journey.

There is a cool thing i like to do when times i am so confused. I use my body like a pendulum. I stand, and ask a question, "does this serve me? Or should i do this?" And if i sway to the front by an invisible force, it means yes. If i sway backwards, it means no.
But mostly, i spend much time speculating, what my higher good is. If i just try and do things "I" want to do, i will not be following my path. This may just mean, going with the flow.
If you are really stuck in a spot of not going anywhere, you might want to open up more spiritually, or do a huge cleanse. There may be stagnating energies and forces that are holding you in one spot.
Get some crystals that are for protection. Ask your higher power, to guide you in the direction you need to go.
Old 17-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
This is a noble idea that I'm sure would catch on. Summerkat's idea about approaching the pet food industry is purrrfect They would like good PR, especially if the local paper writes an article about your good Samaritanism... Look around for pet lovers - there are people who will splurge a lot of money for pets-in-distress. Get on pet forum maybe or post a notice about what you're doing at local off leash parks. Make connections with social service agencies, food banks and the Salvation Army...you may make friends with potential volunteers etc... One thing could lead to another. If you find that synchonicity starts to happen to make it effortless for you ever time you take a risk, that's a thumbs up from the universe and it will lead to wonderful things.

Fabulous! I love Purina so I will ask them, first. And, I will look for a pet forum... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Have you thought being a pet sitter? There are usually a couple of pet sitting businesses in any city, you could learn the ropes and start your own business if you wanted, but at the very least, it would give you something to do.

Another idea is "Life Coach" - It seems there aren't any requirements, anybody can become one, lol.

Actually, this morning was the 1st time I thought about being a pet sitter. I was having a cup of coffee and thinking how I was going to be alone for Christmas and thought I could probably find a job pet sitting b/c no one wants to leave their lovely pets home, solo...and seeing as I'll be in town this Christmas, I can probably find a lot of people who will want me to keep their pets company while they are out of town. I logged on the comp to post a pet sitter ad so glad to see you suggested it, too.

I love the animals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
I think you should get a numerology reading done. It is the best way to remember what our goals, what we thrive off of, what our purpose is.
For example, mine told me i need constant change, I am an adventurous person at heart. It is good, because it points out what makes you as an individual tick, so you can follow it, and find more love for your life. You can find some amazing sites, and get a numerology reading done for free online.
Well, i used to be as confused as you, thus the numerology reading was very helpful.
In the end scheme of things, we find what our life purpose is throughout time and experience.
You have to follow little things first, like meditating, following what your inner self wants to do, finding what you truly love, what you truly need for your life journey.

There is a cool thing i like to do when times i am so confused. I use my body like a pendulum. I stand, and ask a question, "does this serve me? Or should i do this?" And if i sway to the front by an invisible force, it means yes. If i sway backwards, it means no.
But mostly, i spend much time speculating, what my higher good is. If i just try and do things "I" want to do, i will not be following my path. This may just mean, going with the flow.
If you are really stuck in a spot of not going anywhere, you might want to open up more spiritually, or do a huge cleanse. There may be stagnating energies and forces that are holding you in one spot.
Get some crystals that are for protection. Ask your higher power, to guide you in the direction you need to go.

Is a numerology reading free? If not, I guess I will have to put that on my to-do list.

Concerning using your body as a pendulum--Is front always "Yes" and back, "No" for everybody? Or, did you just personally choose that? And, how do you know you're not subconsciously making yourself swing forwards or backwards?

Concerning the cleanse, I agree...and I guess I can get some crystals. Where can I get them? And, I think you're right about the stagnating energy keeping me in one spot--A year ago, I randomly thought that something, beyond my control, was keeping me here and I didn't know what. I didn't know if it was a negative energy or if it's the Universe keeping me here b/c I have things to learn. How can I tell the difference between the two?

Although, I must admit--every since I had to move in w/ my mother (2yrs ago), I've always felt kind of uneasy here; I don't like the energy of the apt/condo. And, I don't like the energy that comes from my mother. She loves me and always helps me, financially, but since I've lived here, I feel kind of weird around her. And, I guess it didn't help that I found out she is leaving me here, solo, for Christmas and flying home to be with my sister. Um, I told you the love has disappeared since my spiritual awakening. Really weird. Anyway, I've noticed she's a negative nelly and I can definitely notice the energy in the apt is different when I'm here solo...vs when she comes home from work. It's like there's a little gloomy cloud that follows her around and she's void of emotions and feelings. I dunno how to explain it; but I feel it when I'm here and I've constantly said, "I feel stuck." and I don't know how to fix it. I often close myself in my room b/c it feels "happier" and "more peaceful".

Anyway, thanks for the info and let me know how you can get rid of stagnating energies! I've never heard of that so I guess I can look that up, too, along w/ crystals.

Last edited by ArtisticAthlete : 17-12-2010 at 08:00 PM.