Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-04-2024, 07:15 PM
Master
A Psalm of Asaf.

"God (elohim) stands in the divine assembly; he administers judgment in the midst of the gods (elohim)."
Psalm 82....
Old 17-04-2024, 09:21 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
"God (elohim) stands in the divine assembly; he administers judgment in the midst of the gods (elohim)."
Psalm 82....

Yes this points to the confusion of Elohim ……it is both singular and plural. Verb usage indicates this clearly. Modern translations utilize means of clarifying this. Psalm 88:7 points to thi difference….”In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.”
Old 17-04-2024, 09:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Psalm 82....

If you replace God(Elohim) and gods(Elohim) with I AM, does it make sense?

"I AM stands in the divine assembly; he administers judgment in the midst of the gods I AM."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-04-2024, 10:07 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
... and Jesus referred to a scripture in the Old Testament which claims we are all (in Hebrew) Elohim. That entity appears to be 'us' (I AM) whereas the other entity is an entity most seem to not like and that is Yahweh.

BigJohn,

That entity is not us. You are referring to Psalm 82:6……it is referring to the great assembly(Elohim) of verses 1-2 of Psalm 82. So many people ignore the antecedent of that verse thinking that God is telling us that we are gods.
Old 17-04-2024, 10:44 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Yes this points to the confusion of Elohim ……it is both singular and plural. Verb usage indicates this clearly. Modern translations utilize means of clarifying this. Psalm 88:7 points to thi difference….”In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.”

My mistake…..instead of 88:7 I instead should be 89:7……
Old 18-04-2024, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
BigJohn,
That entity is not us. You are referring to Psalm 82:6……it is referring to the great assembly(Elohim) of verses 1-2 of Psalm 82. So many people ignore the antecedent of that verse thinking that God is telling us that we are gods.
How do you reconcile my Post #12?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-04-2024, 05:56 AM
Master
Quote:
BigJohn,
That entity is not us. So many people ignore the antecedent of that verse thinking that God is telling us that we are gods.
Yes I agree
Old 18-04-2024, 06:51 AM
Master
Quote:
If you replace God(Elohim) and gods(Elohim) with I AM, does it make sense?
Why do you feel, the need to 'replace' word's, why not just read them as they are written....
Old 18-04-2024, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Why do you feel, the need to 'replace' word's, why not just read them as they are written....
Did I?
How do you reconcile post #12?

.EXODUS 3:14 might help you. It reads:

"God said to Moses, “I AM who I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”"

In Hebrew, The Word used in that scripture for God is pronounced something like Elohim. It should have been translated like the Hebrew word pronounced something like Amen but it wasn't.

Replace the Word God with the word that should have been used and the scripture reads:

"ELOHIM said to Moses, “I AM who I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”"

Last edited by BigJohn : 18-04-2024 at 02:22 PM.
Old 18-04-2024, 03:51 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Replace the Word God with the word that should have been used and the scripture reads:

"ELOHIM said to Moses, “I AM who I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”"

Big John,

A lot of problems with this. The absence of capital letters in Hebrew prevents capitalization for denoting a singular God….therefore we are left with accepting the plurality of God. Thus following this limitation this statement would logically be rendered as: We are who we are….we have sent us to you. But as I have presented Psalm 89:7 that there is only one God that is greater than all the other gods(Elohim).

These gods did not have permanent status…it was conditional on obeying the supreme Elohim……as written in Psalm 82:7….”But you will die like mere man; you will fall like every other ruler.” Some lost their authority and god status. Consider the Garden of Eden……only the divine could be in Eden. Thus Adam and Eve created in the image and LIKENESS of God were removed from Eden when they disobeyed. And, by the way, the serpent, to be in the Garden, had to be divine….one of the Elohim. He, obviously, was also evicted.

To obsess and insist on using Elohim provides no clarity or significance with no clear distinction of singularity or plural, supreme or regular. The common versions of the Bible find a way of identifying the one true God.