Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-12-2019, 03:37 AM
MAYA EL

Makes me happy to see when someone is truly growing �� although hard and painful rest assured that's how you know it's working
Old 20-12-2019, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
Your purpose is to identify your best talent (the one you most enjoy) and use it to relieve the suffering of others. That is why the healing arts are so popular. But no worries, most suffering is not physical, and intellectuals are best suited to providing information. It seems to me that you might have physic abilities, but your intelligence is getting in the way. I recommend going on a world tour with the purpose of reconnecting with your feeling soul. It will change your perspective and inspire you. Best wishes to you.
Great perspective-based advice, I think. Except (me the inveterate 'stickler' ) I think focusing on 'suffering', even if it is to 'relieve' it, will in the final analysis mainly serve to intensify and prolong 'suffering' - "What you resist persists" (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ou-resist-why). This is why 'Buddhism' (here used to mean the quest to 'end' 'suffering'?) is a boondoggle (see https://www.google.com/search?client...&q=boondoggle).

From my (downloadable) treatise: "Imagine if you will that the main aim or goal of [our] Essence’s ‘program’–*the primary motive (i.e. desire) ensconced in [our] ‘source code’ – is to maximally express and thereby experience Love and Joy, to Joyfully express and experience Love and Lovingly express and experience Joy to the greatest possible degree in every possible way, or something like that."

"I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." "You get what you focus on." yada yada

https://quotefancy.com/quote/923091/...s-what-you-get

Last edited by davidsun : 20-12-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 20-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Great perspective-based advice, I think. Except (me the inveterate 'stickler' ) I focusing on 'suffering', even if it is to 'relieve; it, will in the final analysis mainly serve to intensify and prolong 'suffering' - "What you resist persists" (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ou-resist-why). This is why 'Buddhism' (here used to mean the quest to 'end' 'suffering'?) is a boondoggle (see https://www.google.com/search?client...&q=boondoggle).

From my (downloadable) treatise: "Imagine if you will that the main aim or goal of [our] Essence’s ‘program’–*the primary motive (i.e. desire) ensconced in [our] ‘source code’ – is to maximally express and thereby experience Love and Joy, to Joyfully express and experience Love and Lovingly express and experience Joy to the greatest possible degree in every possible way, or something like that."

"I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." "You get what you focus on." yada yada

https://quotefancy.com/quote/923091/...s-what-you-get

Thanks, Davidsun. I agree we don't need to focus on suffering. Did I say that? If so, I misspoke myself again. deLord and I are in the same place, and looking for the same answers. We need to see how our contribution matters, and it is a very different contribution than many others, but no less valuable.
Old 24-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Seeker

To clear up a few things: when I said "I feel like 12yo", I was only referring to that in the context of that I can see what is possible and I can't wait to get there.

I agree with Zastrakoza in that we have to find our best spot to reduce suffering. But currently I constantly become aware of some part of me asking "is this the best you can do? Is this where the universe wants you or can you do better? Do I even have a choice?"
Having these thoughts it can be a tough thing to decide to decelerate a bit.

And david, just a hint: decorating every second word with things like parenthesis, coloring them, underlining them, adding brackets, adding a link etc really makes your posts difficult to read. I must admit I have difficulties understanding what you are trying to convey as it seems a bit confused to me as well in addition to the unnecessary text decoration.
Old 24-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deLord
And david, just a hint: decorating every second word with things like parenthesis, coloring them, underlining them, adding brackets, adding a link etc really makes your posts difficult to read. I must admit I have difficulties understanding what you are trying to convey as it seems a bit confused to me as well in addition to the unnecessary text decoration.
'Hint' not necessary - speaking of which, in my expeerience, nothing is 'necessary'. The same thing has been communicated to me many times before. Regarding the 'difficulty' you experience, I speak as I love and enjoy being-and-doing. I appreciate the 'problem' you mention, but please know I am not here to make things 'easier' for, or in any other way 'suit' the tastes or fulfill the love and joy desires and expectations of, others.

That being said, please also know that I resonate with your quest as articulated by you and 'sense' wonderful things to come for you and others via you as a 'result'. Godspeed, Bro!
Old 25-12-2019, 11:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Without goals I learn to flow with what is. Let life meet me and open me to connect as those choices of life arise. In this way I stop striving or desiring but rather let myself be present with myself as I am. In this way I learn to ready myself in the present moment and be ready for those openings.
Revisiting the above statement as an abstract (general) proposition and contrasting it with the following proposition for thought-stimulating purposes (it is copied and quoted from Wisdom from the World's Religions, by John Templeton):
This line from Thomas Carlyle, “A soul without a high aim is like a ship without a rudder,” is an example of practical wisdom, filled with simple but informative insight. A ship with properly trimmed sails can travel in any direction in relation to the wind except directly into it. While the set of the sails determines the most efficient use of the available wind, the rudder enables the ship to travel in a specific heading. Without a guiding rudder, the ship can do little more than be blown aimlessly downwind.

What is true of the wind-powered boat may also reflect a truth about people. Some people seem more content to be blown about by the winds of chance than to exert the effort to take charge of their lives. However, being creatively alive involves overcoming inertia and becoming actively engaged in life. After all, isn’t inactivity most often a choice? We can meander through life, or we can become inspired by some beneficial purpose that leads us into a new and wonderful field of exploration.

We can achieve a heightened level of awareness, liberate ourselves from limitations, and direct our energies toward unlimited possibilities. Extraordinary things can begin to happen for us, particularly in our thinking processes. Take the story of Ben, for example. Ben was rendered an invalid in World War II. He was confined to bed, but decided he wasn’t going to stay there for the rest of his life. He was not into feeling sorry for himself. He had an idea and decided to follow through with it. Ben began his own newspaper-clipping service. He subscribed to twenty newspapers, cut items out of them, and sent the items to the people, companies, etc., mentioned in the stories. His mailing included a request for a small payment if the people wished to keep the clippings. Next, he obtained a group of regular clients for his clipping service; before long, he was conducting a large enterprise. This was accomplished from his bed! Ben became enormously successful by taking a creative approach to overcoming adversity and making his own living. He developed a high aim—went for it—and achieved his goal through an imaginative approach!

What is a determining factor between a life of tough effort and minimum satisfaction and a life of fulfilling joy and success? Often people engage in aimless, undisciplined thinking and nonproductive activity rather than steering themselves in a charted direction. Like rudderless ships, they are blown on the winds of circumstance, wasting precious time and energy, failing to build knowledge and expertise. On the other hand, high aims and clear purpose can act as rudders, steering the unlimited and unique potential of our minds toward beneficial productivity. If we choose to navigate the course of our lives with care, we can move in unlimited, positive directions. Interesting possibilities may be explored in the quest toward a specific goal, providing valuable knowledge and experience. Then, when we find opportunities in line with our talents and goals, we are prepared to seize the moments of opportunity.

Many of us can identify those times when we feel most “on purpose.” We may experience a feeling of connection to the divine when our focus is on a project that includes service to others. Is this not part of our soul’s purpose? These precious moments, often referred to as peak experiences, occur at a level that may be termed “inspirational.” Our faculties and talents become alive and we harmonize into a centering in creativity. During these occasions, we often break the bond of old, conditioned ways of thinking and we “seize the moment,” allowing it to propel us forward.

====

Never rest contented with any circle of ideas,
but always be certain that a wider one is still possible.
—Richard Jeffries
Old 26-12-2019, 03:04 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deLord
I agree with Zastrakoza in that we have to find our best spot to reduce suffering. But currently I constantly become aware of some part of me asking "is this the best you can do? Is this where the universe wants you or can you do better? Do I even have a choice?"
Having these thoughts it can be a tough thing to decide to decelerate a bit.

I think to be successful AND satisfied, we must sense we are in alignment with the universe. But to me, that does not remove personal choice options. We can serve the unity and also manifest our dreams.
Old 26-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
I think to be successful AND satisfied, we must sense we are in alignment with the universe. But to me, that does not remove personal choice options. We can serve the unity and also manifest our dreams.
Ring a ding-ding, Zas! Here's my concurring toot-toot.
Old 26-12-2019, 05:24 PM
ImthatIm

delord

The innocence of a child does not wonder about all these things.

A child trusts and just wanders in the awe of it all.

It may help you, if you reconnect with your childlike innocence and
play for awhile, and see what that life is like.
A life of faith and trust and wild beliefs and let it all go
into the moment or the eternal now.
For example jump into a ice cold stream just because you want to be apart of it.
Let go of explaining life and learn the flow and connections of life.
Allow life to unfold to you with surrender, with vitality of the unknown and unseen without prejudices constraining it.

I only mention these things, because they have helped myself.
Old 26-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
For example jump into a ice cold stream just because you want to be apart of it.
That's just an immediately accessible experience naturally/bodily available to anyone, like anyone with functional male organs can inseminate a female and anyone with functional make organs can become pregnant and deliver a baby.

Let me add that there's much more involved and a great deal more that may be experienced and 'done' (should one be interested and inclined enough to choose to 'do' so) by consciously/deliberately 'jumping into' the 'stream' of human history.

From my (downloadable) book:
Commitment to the cause of goodness is not pie-in-the-sky foolishness, though many who don’t choose to do so pride themselves on being clever. There is a stream of benevolent evolution going on on our planet which you may creatively participate in, transcending personal limitations, including death, in the process. Myopia is gradually being dispelled. Despotic tendencies are being overcome. We are slowly but surely attaining a state of conscious fellowship and volitient community. Its unsettling aspects notwithstanding, the flow of history soundly supports this thesis.

In Biblical times, enslavement of people from other cultures was socially sanctioned. Even within the same culture, people could be bought and sold, and women and children were more or less considered patriarchal property and often treated like indentured servants.a Now however, though not as extensively or thoroughly honored as one might wish, Life’s universal presence has been sufficiently recognized, championed and consented to so that most social institutions are chartered to respect, protect and facilitate the development of every human being, regardless of sex, age or ethnicity.

Continued progress along such and other lines is ‘in the works’—good reason, on occasion, to rejoice and celebrate. We will be able to do so all the more if we are careful not to succumb to either of the next discussed temptations which often sabotage creative process.

One hazard lies in allowing optimism to lull us into taking benevolent eventuality for granted. I caution you, and urge you to caution others, against passively awaiting good fate. Many tributaries of Intelligence, whole civilizations even, have been lost in the shuffle because those at their forefront were either too personally complacent or insufficiently dedicated to the development of others around them. Even when headway has been made, if flow isn’t adequately maintained, streams can end up just soaking into the ground and drying up completely. It is vital that each of us help to keep creative developments going, or they could just ‘peter out’; and who knows how much time and trouble it would take for another cosmic outpouring to once again reach our present point on its way to earthly Life’s supernal ultimacy?

The other danger is quite the opposite—lack of faith in Life’s positive disposition can lead us to be rash. For progress to be optimal, a certain amount of patience and judicious exercise of restraint are also necessary. Creativity has been severely impeded in the past, and could be again, by devastation caused by people in too much of a hurry. Important as it is that we capitalize on prior developments and energetically respond to current crises, it is equally important that such capitalization be careful rather than all‑consuming, and that our initiatives in relation to others be measured and balanced, not disruptive of positive possibility.

In such spirit, we best attend to the task at hand. The time has come (people have been jumping into streams for aeons, now is a very special time unlike any before!) for our species to move past its 'childhood' and 'adolescence'. We are so many, have developed such power, and everywhere face such vital issues—now in particular, it is essential that, on a broad scale, we 'mature' in the exercise of adult response-ability.