Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I'm with James and Gracie...floating down the little stream, now the rain falls softly, the clouds wrap around us in masks of pink and gold, twilight slips in and the waters tell us her secrets. The secret to life is to live it!

Yes, embrace it!
I just learned that there are plants that absorb the much needed but not readily available nitrogen from the air and then convert it in their special roots to a form that can be used by other plants in the area.
This knowledge means that chemical fertilizers are not necessary with a little planning in our gardens.
This to me is of so much more value then the nature of awareness or consciousness.
My point is that floating down the river doesn't mean life becomes benign. It stills calls out to us and we react...just not so much with head games anymore.
Glad to see you in the river WW.........I thought I saw a 3rd person around the bend...lol
James
Old 14-07-2011, 05:19 PM
northstar

flip it upside down... to be unaware or unconscious...

when the christ said 'forgive them for they know not what they do' was he saying they are unaware or unconscious...

i think the cart before the horse as tzu said... consciousness exists... we just have to become aware of it...
Old 14-07-2011, 05:21 PM
LIFE

Quote:
The secret to life is to live it!

Ah Yes!....but....everyone has a different approach to what "living it" entails.

Some would say that spending all of this time sitting in front of a machine, staring at a screen and tapping on plastic keys to send messages in an anonymous forum is not "getting out there and living life."

Others would say, "that's part of my life."

Life can't help but be lived. Life is living.

As long as you are alive, there is no way not to live it.
Old 14-07-2011, 05:32 PM
windwhistle

What I meant was...don't think life...live life. It's simple!
Old 14-07-2011, 05:47 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar
flip it upside down... to be unaware or unconscious...

when the christ said 'forgive them for they know not what they do' was he saying they are unaware or unconscious...

i think the cart before the horse as tzu said... consciousness exists... we just have to become aware of it...
I can be fully conscious of Life happening, but unaware of more things than i care to admit..

Be well..
Old 14-07-2011, 05:47 PM
LIFE

Quote:
What I meant was...don't think life...live life. It's simple!

I know what you mean...but remember, even thinking about life is part of living life.
Old 14-07-2011, 05:56 PM
northstar

lol... yes tzu... so i guess it comes down to perception...

ok... lets see... maybe it comes down to which one you see as the noun and which one is the verb... or are they both nouns or both verbs... or are they both neither, just adjectives...

i guess i see consciousness as the noun and awareness as the verb... so be it for me personally... (smile)

so where does that leave the atheist... dont they get to play in life too...
Old 14-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
I would think that one must be aware first in order to reach full consciousness. Awareness is key. "A blind man will not change, for he knows not what he does. It is when he sees is when the magic begins." -Moke

Quote:
"A sighted man who thinks he knows will never change and accept or experience or observe what is unknown. When he releases what he thinks he knows is when the magic begins"
James

"'I see' said the blind man, to the deaf dog." - Weller Ism.
Old 14-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Elijah

This quote from Nisargadatta always stikes a cord with me:

Since it is awareness that makes consciousness possible, there is awareness in every state of consciousness.
Therefore, the very consciousness of being conscious is already a movement in awareness. Interest in your stream of consciousness takes you to awareness.
Old 14-07-2011, 07:22 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
This quote from Nisargadatta always stikes a cord with me:

Since it is awareness that makes consciousness possible, there is awareness in every state of consciousness.
Therefore, the very consciousness of being conscious is already a movement in awareness. Interest in your stream of consciousness takes you to awareness.
I understand that Consciousness is a force of change, informed by applying its attribute of awareness.. i have no understanding of 'awareness' being anything other than the ability to perceive, an ability inherent to consciousness but not apart from it..

Be well..