Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-12-2010, 12:30 PM
mac

Within my religion of (Modern) Spiritualism - I did my best to explain in posting # 11 - those most principled say something along these lines. When using the spiritual gifts you have been given, mediumship, healing, whatever, give as freely as you can to others that which was given freely to you....

If you have the means to earn your living without making a charge for providing help by using your divine gift(s) then do so.

If you can not afford to give freely ie without a charge, then charge only what is needed to cover your additional costs.

If you choose to dedicate your working life to those who may benefit from your gift, charge what is reasonable to enable you to continue to provide it.

Beyond that, if charges are for a service you are providing of yourself - eg counselling, then you are justified in charging the market rate for that service.
Old 20-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Master
I must plead ignorance too, soooo, does anyone who objects to this placement for this topic, whatever that is, have a SUGGESTION for where the best place would be? MY GUESS is perhaps General section, but I'm a bit at a loss and am trying to please as many as possible. In particular, those who AREN'T happy with the present placement of this thread...?

Old 20-12-2010, 12:55 PM
mac

I think that those who are not comfortable with the topic being discussed in this particular forum do not need to be considered - they will not mind in the least which alternative/alternate forum it is transferred to...

That's certainly my personal stance.

glenos?
Old 20-12-2010, 01:01 PM
glenos

'General' sounds good or the 'Beating around in the bushes looking for true enlightenment' section even better.

When I hear of charging $$££MONEY£$$ for giving healing I feel sick. How can one charge another for relieving suffering I shall never know. What about the animals, do they charge them too? That isn't Spiritual not by a long chalk. Did the Nazarene charge for his divine love and healing?

Like Mac says yes ask for your bus fare if you have to travel to get to these people if they can afford it but even then...

G
Old 20-12-2010, 01:03 PM
mac

I am prepared to offer a small piece, intended as a sticky posting, explaining why Spiritualism is a religion, science and philosophy under this umbrella grouping of 'Religions and Faiths'.

It would then provide a frame of reference to avoid its constant confusion with spirituality.
Old 20-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Master
Thanks for the feedback, mac.
I'm trying to get people who aren't happy with a thread's placement to not simply voice their displeasure, but to be proactive in choosing where they believe a thread SHOULD be placed.

Old 20-12-2010, 01:05 PM
glenos

Good call Mac.

And I did say 'General' sounds good.

G
Old 20-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
'General' sounds good or the 'Beating around in the bushes looking for true enlightenment' section even better...
G

Hah, good one, glenos. Since we have the former and not the latter section, general it is then. Thank you.

Old 20-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
At risk again of incurring the displeasure of moderators, this is not the right forum to discuss the subject of spirituality.

I accept that the word 'spiritualist' (lower case 's' for distinction) has an altogether different meaning in other contexts, and on other websites, but this is not the case here unless I personally am totally misunderstanding the situation.

I repeat the point I made earlier. Spiritualism, in the subject group 'Religions and Faiths', refers to the religion and philosophy of Modern Spiritualism. I am very upset at the disregard and disrespect shown to my religious beliefs.

I have reproduced a section of the forum rules dealing with respect: "Respect: Please respect other members and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times."

In this context may I respectfully ask contributors not to continue discussing this subject here?

Perhaps it could be helpful to those who do not understand Spiritualism for what it is, if the title header was changed to Modern Spritualism. Then the people who do practice this religion will no longer feel disrespected by the site moderators and other members those of whom do have a lack of knowldege.

Spiritualism is often referred to as a Religion, a Philosophy and a Science. It welcomes everyone regardless of race, colour or creed. The people who follow this particular religion are known as Spiritualist's. It differs from other religion's in that it doesn't dictate what one must believe or how one should interpret the 7 Principles of Spriritualism. Spiritualism is a relatively new religion - the birth of Modern Spiritualism began on 31st March 1848. In Britain it is now the eighth largest religion.
Old 20-12-2010, 01:58 PM
shepherd

Quote:
Within my religion of (Modern) Spiritualism - I did my best to explain in posting # 11 - those most principled say something along these lines. When using the spiritual gifts you have been given, mediumship, healing, whatever, give as freely as you can to others that which was given freely to you....

If you have the means to earn your living without making a charge for providing help by using your divine gift(s) then do so.

If you can not afford to give freely ie without a charge, then charge only what is needed to cover your additional costs.

If you choose to dedicate your working life to those who may benefit from your gift, charge what is reasonable to enable you to continue to provide it.

Beyond that, if charges are for a service you are providing of yourself - eg counselling, then you are justified in charging the market rate for that service.

I personally think this just adds to the issues people have about money. Creating rules about what they should charge under what circumstance etc is just a limitation and creates guilt if they want to do something different.

Everything we do could be seen as a gift so why are spiritual gifts taken to one side and treated differently?

I find it a shame that principles like this are promoted and often with the same breath as be true to you, be yourself and follow your heart. it all gets contradictory in the end and creates confusion.