Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 30-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Experiencer

responsibly raised meat

I understand. If someone has the financial means and you dont eat meat for ethical reasons, buying meat from farmers who have free range cows, chicken, and naturally caught fish would be a good idea to feed your pets. Unfortunately, I dont think you can find that in dog food, but only if you buy it yourself.
Old 30-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Animals know no better.

Humans should know better.

The spiritually aware do know better.

So, I'll re-state. Humans are the evolved animal/mammals. Yes?

Meanwhile, the issue really is about obtaining quality protein for the animals. Which dairy can provide, rather than meat.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Shadow‏

Dogs and cats can be healthy as herbivores, but not if you just feed them 'human food'. There are things that they need that only naturally occur in meat. If you want to feed them vegan food, you have to give them food that is specifically for dogs/cats and is synthesized with those nutrients. If you just feed them vegan 'human food' they will get sick, blind, etc. Vegan cat/dog food does exist and supposedly it is healthier than 'regular' cat/dog food. Look into Evolution Diet, etc.
Old 17-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Deactivated Account

well,i never tried to make my cat veggie though sometimes i had the thought it would be nice but it seemed way complicated and i just admittedly..didn't think it was a big deal...she seemed to love her meat..i tried giving her only dry food for awhile but then went back to wet and she loved it much more,and ate much more of it. it was so darn delicious for her. plus,i had read cats get most of their water intake from wet food and when she ate only dry food,she was drinking so much more water,it actually concerned me so i preferred her on wet food. now,that i a becoming vegan and have no cat since she transitioned recently,i am focusing on myself becoming vegan and then later if the inspiration comes,i when/if another cat comes into my life,i will consider options,which i'm sure are out there. i like to think of things one at a time,so for me it's focusing on becoming vegan myself and making it easy. Also,i'm doing much less harm by being vegan even if a cat of mine will eat meat. it's not perfect,but again,one thing at a time,and it'll make a significant difference still.

yeah,i do have trouble admittedly picturing animals eating tofu. lol. well,i'm sure it's possible for them to be meat free,it has to be. but,yeah,i would try and see one small change you can make,and then little time passes,from there,be inspired,and make another,and so on.
Old 17-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
My cat is 14 i've had her since she was 6 weeks old, she has never had any meat or meat products, and is perfectly healthy.
aww,sounds so cute. a little vegan kitty.
Old 17-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Many cats and dogs are lactose-intolerant. So milk is not such a good idea for either. Water is much better. Some do tolerate dairy products better than others, but it seems they should have very little dairy, even if they can tolerate it. Perhaps a treat, now and again.....and perhaps not.

My dog used to adore milk. Sometimes a friend gave it to her, although I asked him not to! Anyway, she was fine, and never got an upset belly from it.

But a cat I am now looking after, will throw up if she drinks milk, even though she does like it very much indeed.

my cat used to love butter. if you gave her a tiny pinch of it on your finger,she would lick it right off and you had to watch out if you had buttered toast near you. lol. she also liked olive oil
Old 17-06-2014, 11:24 PM
elisi

interesting.........i always thought they were carnivores. i know my cat is-i sometimes find body parts of tiny mice.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
Tobi, I have a cat, she's vegetarian, I got her at 6 weeks, she's almost 14 and has never eaten any kind of fish, fowl or meat. Only dried cat food, I tried different cans of cat food, she would'nt eat it.

Can you vertify dried cat food with no meat products in the ingredients?
Would you mind sharing what it says is in this as Im very curious?

(I had a cat who would only eat on expensive brand of dried cat food (one with extra meat and protein in it which is far better for cats) and wouldnt eat any canned food or any other kind of meat at all.. she wouldnt eat chicken pieces. Some cats are terribly fussy.

Im confused at your post as thou Ive read that dogs can be vegetarian, cats need far more protein then dogs so Ive read they cant and wont live as long as they would of done if one is doing this. (12 isnt all that old for a cat. (Indoor cats on average live 12-18 years while many of them live to in their 20s. A cat on a wrong diet is likely to have its life end by dying of a kidney issue).

or maybe your cat is an outdoor cat and is eatting enough mice and birds and stuff outside to stay ok? Is she an indoor cat? or does she go outside?

Anyway.. Im hoping you share what ingredients are in your cat food.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Meanwhile, the issue really is about obtaining quality protein for the animals. Which dairy can provide, rather than meat.

Cats shouldnt be given lactose so dairy isnt all that good for them.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:55 AM
primrose

corn gluten, corn oil, rice protein, peas, pea finer, brewers yeast, linseed
potato protein extract, vitamins & Minerals, taurine 0.15% L Camitune Vitamin E, Linoleic acid 6.40% ash.