Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 20-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Pathfinder

I was a very avid meat lover for years and during my awakening I realized I couldn't eat meat anymore. I had to slowly cut down on meat until i suddenly no longer had it in my diet. it wasnt until 3 weeks ago that I went on vacation that I went meat crazy again and honestly it has been affecting my meditation and my energy levels. Now I am back to just fish but I am trying to cut back on fish as well.

I have a question. Is there anyone out there that eats chicken and fish but no red meat. Or when you say you no longer eat meat that includes chicken lol my friends constantly try to debate that chicken is different from meat. but chickens are slaughtered inhumanely just like cows and pigs.

Love and Light
~*nina
Old 20-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator
Well really, vegetarian means no meat of any colour, and no fish. But Vegetarian can include animal-derived food such as all dairy products, and eggs.
Vegan is no animal-derived foods at all.

There are some people who eat mainly vegetarian, but also include fish only. There are some people who eat mainly vegetarian, but will eat meat/fish on occasion.
Old 30-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Terracotta

No such thing as half vegetarian... You don't have to attach the label to yourself in order to be more ethical about meat. There's no shame in being an omnivore.
Old 30-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Master

No, you can't be 'half vegetarian', but the point is the OP is heading in the right direction towards a more compassionate lifestyle...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 30-08-2013, 10:37 PM
davey

davey, you do not have permission to access this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
I'm guessing alot of people are steering away from mass killed animals as food.
I mostly eat vegetables and a bit of fruit and meat has been phasing out for me as time passes. I'm now down to just fish as the only meat. I keep making fish burgers tasty tasy fishburgers lol.
Just wondering if there's people doing the same, steering away from mass killed animals?
Not those who are fully vegan just wanted to share views with people who are starting to not support unloved animal industries any longer.
Not that plants don't have feelings too :)
Old 30-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Terracotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
No, you can't be 'half vegetarian', but the point is the OP is heading in the right direction towards a more compassionate lifestyle...

Of course.

I feel terms like that distract from the fact that you can make more ethical choices about meat itself and that there's no shame in it being a transition-in-progess or a choice. "Half-vegetarian" sounds like: "I'm not there, but I'm trying".
Old 30-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terracotta
"Half-vegetarian" sounds like: "I'm not there, but I'm trying".

That is exactly what he's saying. And good luck to him.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 31-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm also an omnivore, but about 85% veggie. I eat seafood caught locally and buy what meat and eggs I do eat at a local farm which is organic, pesticide free, and their animals are 100% grassfed. I know the farmer and have toured the farm and spoken with the man who butchers the animals. The animals roam the pastures eating grass. That's it. No factory farming. I have been eating this way for about 5 years. Lately, which means for about the last year because it takes me forever to act on my thoughts, I've been feeling like I may stop eating meat and only eat seafood. There are also issues with that plan, but I see myself there in probably a year. (I was vegetarian for a few years a long time ago.)
Old 26-10-2013, 12:13 AM
davey

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
Old 26-10-2013, 12:14 AM
davey

davey, you do not have permission to access this page.