Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 30-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace733
I sense a woman awaiting a beheading... It was a tower of sorts... a place of solitude, waiting for her fate. I am not a medium though so i am probably way off...
edit:Hmm this just came to me too... it wasn't a wife who was barren, who was locked in a tower was it? Not sure why that would come to me... but thought i would put it out there anyway...

Hello

The Edit serves one well. Your bang on about it being a wife....and being locked in the tower. I feel that ye met Elizabeth that she found someone in this thread to connect with as she did me.....very good.

Since your the one that got it the most I will add her story here.

“Set in the magnificent rolling countryside, Farleigh Hungerford is one of the most remarkable surviving castles in the South-West of England. Sir Thomas Hungerford, a former speaker of the House of Commons and self-made man, began building the castle around 1380. The castle was an architectural statement of his new wealth and was laid out on a massive square plan with towers at each corner.

In the 15th century the castle was almost doubled in size by Thomas’s son Walter, 1st Baron Hungerford. He added the outer court to the castle, incorporating within its wall that parish church of the village. He converted the church into the Hungerford family chapel and mausoleum. It preserves today an outstanding collection of tombs, stained glass and wall paintings. Beside it stand a house built by Walter for the priests serving the chapel.

The castle continued in use as a residence until the end of the 17th century. “

By the 18th century the castle was no longer lived in by its owners and fell into disrepair; in 1730 it was bought by the Houlton family, when much of it was broken up for salvage. Antiquarian and tourist interest in the now ruined castle increased through the 18th and 19th centuries.

“This is one of the four towers erected at the corners of the castle in the 1370’s. It was divided into five floors connected by a spiral stair. The rooms it contained probably served as small bedchambers for members of the Hungerford household.

It is popularly supposed that Elizabeth, the third wife of Lord Walter Hungerford, was imprisoned in the tower in the 1520’s. In a remarkable letter that she wrote to Sir Thomas Cromwell, minister to King Henry VIII, she complained of being imprisoned in the tower at Farleigh Hungerford Castle for several years ‘without comforts of any creatures’. She feared her husband had sent his Chaplin to poison her but the villagers kept her fed, coming to her great window at night.”

This has been a great success and I hope that it shows that if "Spirit" is willing to reach out to someone we get the information given to us. Many hit on aspects of it and that is what gives us all that ablity to tap into being Medium's on some level of being.

I very much feel Elizabeth with me as I tell her story . This was the first place in England I was blessed to visit, even after a long day's flight I had to stop and visit here and I went back twice after that.

Lynn
Old 30-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

The Edit serves one well. Your bang on about it being a wife....and being locked in the tower. I feel that ye met Elizabeth that she found someone in this thread to connect with as she did me.....very good.

Since your the one that got it the most I will add her story here.

“Set in the magnificent rolling countryside, Farleigh Hungerford is one of the most remarkable surviving castles in the South-West of England. Sir Thomas Hungerford, a former speaker of the House of Commons and self-made man, began building the castle around 1380. The castle was an architectural statement of his new wealth and was laid out on a massive square plan with towers at each corner.

In the 15th century the castle was almost doubled in size by Thomas’s son Walter, 1st Baron Hungerford. He added the outer court to the castle, incorporating within its wall that parish church of the village. He converted the church into the Hungerford family chapel and mausoleum. It preserves today an outstanding collection of tombs, stained glass and wall paintings. Beside it stand a house built by Walter for the priests serving the chapel.

The castle continued in use as a residence until the end of the 17th century. “

By the 18th century the castle was no longer lived in by its owners and fell into disrepair; in 1730 it was bought by the Houlton family, when much of it was broken up for salvage. Antiquarian and tourist interest in the now ruined castle increased through the 18th and 19th centuries.

“This is one of the four towers erected at the corners of the castle in the 1370’s. It was divided into five floors connected by a spiral stair. The rooms it contained probably served as small bedchambers for members of the Hungerford household.

It is popularly supposed that Elizabeth, the third wife of Lord Walter Hungerford, was imprisoned in the tower in the 1520’s. In a remarkable letter that she wrote to Sir Thomas Cromwell, minister to King Henry VIII, she complained of being imprisoned in the tower at Farleigh Hungerford Castle for several years ‘without comforts of any creatures’. She feared her husband had sent his Chaplin to poison her but the villagers kept her fed, coming to her great window at night.”

This has been a great success and I hope that it shows that if "Spirit" is willing to reach out to someone we get the information given to us. Many hit on aspects of it and that is what gives us all that ablity to tap into being Medium's on some level of being.

I very much feel Elizabeth with me as I tell her story . This was the first place in England I was blessed to visit, even after a long day's flight I had to stop and visit here and I went back twice after that.

Lynn

I have shivers going through me right now as i was feeling a connection to King Henry but felt i must be way off .... very very interesting and thank you so much for sharing!

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 30-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Administrator
Hello

I do a lot of teaching with regards to being a Mediium and how we all have that in us on some levles its just that we do not all open that door . When I teach a workshop I always say put everything out there no matter how off it feels as one might just be right. There is no right or no wrongs in this work that I do, as I too get things mixed up. We have our brains that get in the way much of the time and we fail to step out there on that limb.

I know well that Matt (the founder here ) has such fasinations with this sort of learning and so wanted to see and understand how it all worked.

I would wish being me on no one as its not all fun and playtime there is the pain that is felt too from connecting so to Spirits....Elizabeth was very much a real person whom lived in fear and the one's that cared for her risked much in doing so.

“The Crypt”
The crypt was created soon after the 1600 to hold the coffins of future Hungerford family burials. It contains lead coffins, four with faces mouleded on them.

This was the hardest part to visit. While its locked up I was able to put the camera lens into the crypt to take this picture.

Lynn
Old 30-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello

I do a lot of teaching with regards to being a Mediium and how we all have that in us on some levles its just that we do not all open that door . When I teach a workshop I always say put everything out there no matter how off it feels as one might just be right. There is no right or no wrongs in this work that I do, as I too get things mixed up. We have our brains that get in the way much of the time and we fail to step out there on that limb.

I know well that Matt (the founder here ) has such fasinations with this sort of learning and so wanted to see and understand how it all worked.

I would wish being me on no one as its not all fun and playtime there is the pain that is felt too from connecting so to Spirits....Elizabeth was very much a real person whom lived in fear and the one's that cared for her risked much in doing so.

“The Crypt”
The crypt was created soon after the 1600 to hold the coffins of future Hungerford family burials. It contains lead coffins, four with faces mouleded on them.

This was the hardest part to visit. While its locked up I was able to put the camera lens into the crypt to take this picture.

Lynn

What an amazing experience you had Lynn, and gift! I feel very drawn to Ireland and would love to visit someday. (as well as England, Scotland, and Wales) You are a lucky lady!

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 30-12-2012, 12:20 PM
angelwhispers

Quote:

Lynn

Wow, i'm going to stop editing myself and post all i feel from now on. If she was being poisoned that would explain the sick stomach feeling and i had felt the henry VIII era but shly did not put it.
Old 30-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Henri77

Beyond what is known to have transpired, who can really say what may also have occured here.Or any location,
Not everything may be of public record, at any location.
And also facts are sometimes altered for the record.
There's always that liklihood.

Even in our day of massive reporting, the facts are frequently omitted, changed or manufactured.

Last edited by Henri77 : 30-12-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 30-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Neville

Col John Hungerford, was a Royalist and was given the command of the garrison of Farleigh in 1644. However he surrendered the castle to Sir Edward Hungerford his half brother who surrounded Farliegh Hungerford Castle with Parliamentarian Forces placing it under siege in 1645. (The English Civil War often divided families).
Old 30-12-2012, 11:32 PM
millergrls

a prison, some one what shot there.
Old 31-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Glen

Quote:
Hello

“The Crypt”

Lynn

Thankyou for posting these explorations.
When I first viewed the crypt, i got immediate chills and felt a strong pull.
Keep posting please, these are much appreciated.

love and light

Glen