Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Guide
It's a figure of speech first of all. And secondly, it's not my own saying, it comes straight from the Gospel of Thomas. I'm not a full believer, but, the one who supposedly said it first, was Jesus. See for yourself: saying 93: http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

93. "Don't give what is holy to dogs, for they might throw them upon the manure pile. Don't throw pearls [to] pigs, or they might ... it [...]."

-------

So excuse me for vomiting an unholy regurgitation of a Quote. Or is vomit Holy in some way? I suppose it does have it's uses.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Mayflow

Allow me to allow you to rethink your signature. The pharisees and scholars were not in general finding the keys of freedom, so I will offer them to them. I will also offer them to pigs and dogs, and to everyone.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Guide
And next you will attack my avatar because "Unicorn's Don't Exist"?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Sangress

I tend not to share too much of my past lives in the open because of the sheer effort it takes to repeat it.

Unless I'm telling it for a purpose and know that at least some part of it is being taken seriously and will be put to good use then I am just too lazy. lol.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Guide
----------

Last edited by ThoughtOnFire : 11-12-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 PM
drake

Quote:
"Don't give what is holy to dogs, for they might throw them upon the manure pile."

This seems to simply be saying don't give something valuable to someone who does not value it at all, and I agree.

First of all, if you try to push your beliefs/experiences onto someone who does not want to hear about them, they will feel intruded upon.

And second, when they roll their eyes or scoff at your beliefs I am sure it could cause much emotional grief to yourself, and most likely anger, which then you will dealt with. There is enough emotional junk to deal with in life as it is, we don't need to go around creating more of it.

Bottom line, take the time to find out if the person you are talking with values what you have to offer before you just go and dump your most precious beliefs and experiences upon them.

Unfortunately in a forum, you don't really know who is reading it, so it is just wise to be aware of the possible repercussions ahead of time, and to think about if you really want to risk seeing your most precious thoughts "tossed on the manure pile".
Old 11-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake
Unfortunately in a forum, you don't really know who is reading it, so it is just wise to be aware of the possible repercussions ahead of time, and to think about if you really want to risk seeing your most precious thoughts "tossed on the manure pile".

I can definitely relate to this one. It's far more easier for someone to disagree with someone else's experience, just because it doesn't mesh well with their own experiences. And therefore it's just easier to tell someone they're either delusional or in danger of something "evil" messing with them.

But what most people tend to forget, is that each and every one of us are different, and each and every one of us are going to have different experiences. And this is especially true in the spirit world.

Ahhh. . . wouldn't it be nice if we could all just be open minded enough about each others personal experiences, that there would never be a need to tell someone they're wrong, or a fear that someone will come along and tell us how wrong we are? So much for daydreaming LOL
Old 19-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Iseke

You know...I haven't spoken much about my past here, although it is something I have explored in great detail.

This subforum seems to me to be geared more towards the philosophy of reincarnation in general, and that is fine, but it doesn't quite feel like the place where everyone is on the same page. There was a time when I loved to debate philosophy and the nature of reality, but now all I want to do is share my personal path in a more intimate way. I know my own truth and I have no interest in defending Ideas. What I want is to connect with others who are on the same journey.

Anyway, for me, this is not the place to share my personal history. But I am open about my history and have shared it openly on other forums where the topic is more relevant.
Old 20-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Master

For me, I have traits from some of my past lives still, however I see life as a means to learn from. Some hinder, some can be seen as positive.
I think its useful if there are issues from a past life affecting the one now with things to be resolved.. other than that I see it as spirit building
Old 20-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
And next you will attack my avatar because "Unicorn's Don't Exist"?

But they do...