Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
In your view, is bad weather always caused by bad gods?

Does the phenomenon 'nature' exist in your reasonings?

I am not a superstitious man. I also find the cause then I will tell the world who make the trouble. Bad extreme weather when caused by bad god there is an energy gathering at the clouds and the energy is connected to that bad god. That's is the evidence that I can verify to call him bad god.

They create extreme weather is a dharma practice. They in order to increase their dharma power so to suck the energy from the cloud is an easy way to promote or step up that way. So that's can't be easily be neglected. Human may think that's nature. It's simple why not everyday has extreme weather. I donot want in that way, it's just an example.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
I am not a superstitious man.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:57 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind

I think I have explained to you that what's not superstitious in my belief. You may not hold the different viewpoint but thank you to remind me as I reminded others. That's I need some understanding and proof to convince myself in order not to cheat myself and then to cheat others.

We always responsible to what we wanted to say. Or responsible to what we do, but sometimes we can only do our best but not totally sure that we have done it in the best way and can only with the limited help of our wisdom.

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 12-07-2016 at 03:46 AM.
Old 20-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Hello people ,

Does Buddhism have a main goal?

What is it Buddha wanted others "to get"?

Thanks.

There is no goal in real buddhism, other than existing in the moment and feeling peaceful.

He did not want others "to get" anything. He didn't care about helping others, or compassion or world peace (at the end).

His name was Siddhartha Gautauma, hopefully I spelt that right.

He grew up as a very sheltered Prince. Apparently his parents even had the flowers in the courtyard removed before they died so he would never find out what death was.
But then the story goes that he escaped the palace in his teenage years and each night he did so, he witnessed certain hardships.
The pain and suffering he saw traumatized him so much because he had never seen it before. He didn't understand why people had to suffer.

So he decided to go on a journey in search for the answer to pain and suffering. At that time, he wanted world peace. He spent his life searching for peace. He joined many religions, spiritualities and tried all sorts of things over the years but nothing worked.

Then he had a revelation which is what created Buddhism today. By simply existing in the moment, forgetting about the state of the world, forgetting pain and suffering, and just focusing within and existing moment to moment, is how you find true peace.
Not helping others, not having goals, not caring about the world, not caring about anything other than existing in the moment.
That is what Buddism is all about. It's not a spirituality, it's a way of life.

And it's true. The only way you can find peace is by going within and finding inner peace. Do that simply by existing in the moment and being grateful for the moment. It's not even meditation, it's more like a state of mind - a perception. You're not worrying about the past or the future, just content and peaceful in the now. Even if you're currently in extreme physical pain, you can still exist in the moment and be grateful for everything else you still have and that can still bring you bliss.
Old 20-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Hello people ,

Does Buddhism have a main goal?

What is it Buddha wanted others "to get"?

Thanks.

The end of suffering.
Old 20-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Master
'He did not want others "to get" anything. He didn't care about helping others, or compassion or world peace'

So very very far from the truth Keokutah. He wanted the exact opposite of what you think
Old 20-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
There is no goal in real buddhism, other than existing in the moment and feeling peaceful.

He did not want others "to get" anything. He didn't care about helping others, or compassion or world peace (at the end).

His name was Siddhartha Gautauma, hopefully I spelt that right.

He grew up as a very sheltered Prince. Apparently his parents even had the flowers in the courtyard removed before they died so he would never find out what death was.
But then the story goes that he escaped the palace in his teenage years and each night he did so, he witnessed certain hardships.
The pain and suffering he saw traumatized him so much because he had never seen it before. He didn't understand why people had to suffer.

So he decided to go on a journey in search for the answer to pain and suffering. At that time, he wanted world peace. He spent his life searching for peace. He joined many religions, spiritualities and tried all sorts of things over the years but nothing worked.

Then he had a revelation which is what created Buddhism today. By simply existing in the moment, forgetting about the state of the world, forgetting pain and suffering, and just focusing within and existing moment to moment, is how you find true peace.
Not helping others, not having goals, not caring about the world, not caring about anything other than existing in the moment.
That is what Buddism is all about. It's not a spirituality, it's a way of life.

And it's true. The only way you can find peace is by going within and finding inner peace. Do that simply by existing in the moment and being grateful for the moment. It's not even meditation, it's more like a state of mind - a perception. You're not worrying about the past or the future, just content and peaceful in the now. Even if you're currently in extreme physical pain, you can still exist in the moment and be grateful for everything else you still have and that can still bring you bliss.
What would happen to our planet if everybody was only happily existing in the moment?
Wouldn't our civilization become prone to decay?
Old 20-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'He did not want others "to get" anything. He didn't care about helping others, or compassion or world peace'

So very very far from the truth Keokutah. He wanted the exact opposite of what you think
I ask myself now, was or wasn't Buddha an altruist?
Old 20-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched
The end of suffering.
Buddha's teaching consists of quite a lot of information.

Does so much information has to be practiced and master, just to end suffering?

Suffering sure must be a very complex phenomenon than.
Old 20-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Suspended
Serrao,

Where have you been on your vacation these few days. I have enough rest and easy to answer any question now. Ask whatever you want to know about spiritual realm reality. Not the philosophy or the practices of the early stage of Buddhism which Buddha himself never taught me.