Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2019, 05:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' He is peddling a method, but it is not one that will lead to authentic realization '

So you have had an ' Authentic Realization ' and are able to judge what's genuine and what isn't ?

I have experience with the 4th kosha/sheath, Discernment. Remember, Buddha said people should examine the words of any teacher including his own words. Discernment is a much undervalued commodity in spirituality.
Old 30-05-2019, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Neo-advaitans sprout like mushrooms in a damp wood.

I love mushrooms especially with egg, bacon and fried tomatoes....
Old 30-05-2019, 05:44 AM
Master
Quote:
I love mushrooms especially with egg, bacon and fried tomatoes....

And then spam, chips and mushy peas for dinner
Old 30-05-2019, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
I have experience with the 4th kosha/sheath, Discernment. Remember, Buddha said people should examine the words of any teacher including his own words. Discernment is a much undervalued commodity in spirituality.

" When you know for yourselves that ‘these mental qualities are skillful; these mental qualities are blameless; these mental qualities are praised by the wise; these mental qualities when acted on lead to well-being and happiness’ then keep following them.”
Kalama Sutta.

Tolle's Teachings obviously lead to well-being and happiness for some so they should keep following them....
Old 30-05-2019, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
And then spam, chips and mushy peas for dinner

, what's for Tea? I'm open to suggestions
Old 30-05-2019, 05:56 AM
Master
Quote:

So your not really in a position to judge Tolle, best to let the individuals who find his Teachings helpful judge for themselves his authenticity....
Old 30-05-2019, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
" When you know for yourselves that ‘these mental qualities are skillful; these mental qualities are blameless; these mental qualities are praised by the wise; these mental qualities when acted on lead to well-being and happiness’ then keep following them.”
Kalama Sutta.

Tolle's Teachings obviously lead to well-being and happiness for some so they should keep following them....

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

– Gautama Buddha

If you have analysed Tolle's story and his teaching, and you find it good, then yes, you should follow him.

I have analysed Tolle's story and his teaching and I don't see that it complies with good Buddhism or any other good teaching. I wouldn't follow him if he were the last teacher on earth.
Old 30-05-2019, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
So your not really in a position to judge Tolle, best to let the individuals who find his Teachings helpful judge for themselves his authenticity....

How can you ever examine a teachers words if you are necer qualified to do so except when you are 'realized'?
Old 30-05-2019, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

– Gautama Buddha

If you have analysed Tolle's story and his teaching, and you find it good, then yes, you should follow him.

I have analysed Tolle's story and his teaching and I don't see that it complies with good Buddhism or any other good teaching. I wouldn't follow him if he were the last teacher on earth.

' I wouldn't follow him if he were the last teacher on earth.[/quote] '

But you do follow him because you are constantly looking around for his Teachings to quote on here, you seem to be very interested in his life
Old 30-05-2019, 07:12 AM
Master
There's a pattern behind our conversation.And it's the same boring pattern running over for quite a time.

"'i know better than you''or ''i know something that you don't''

And that pattern is a product of the egoic mind (tolle).

The egoic mind wants to stand up and show others that he knows better,trying to prove them wrong.(It wants to be recognized) (lol)

So let's be honest (all of us)and admit that we all suffer from our ego.

Realization of the egoic mind is one step closer to your presence.We are more than our egos.(Lomax).
Closed Thread