Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-02-2022, 09:16 AM
Master

Anyone who knows anything about fighting or battle will know that to regroup is a strategy that can work.
It could be a human instinct too I'm sure it is. I thought once that certain individuals who hurt me without alot
of cause to do so would and 'should' roast in hell, i hated them with every atom of my being, but as life has repaired itself
and given love back to me, I find that I cannot hate these individuals with 100 percent conviction anymore. Life is too big and mysterious even for the great Joe to
condemn someone without recourse. Don't get me wrong I won't be subscribing to their ways or outlooks on life etc.
but to invigorate 'Badness' by assigning it a special place in your mind and align it spiritually with a belief that good people
go to heaven and bad people go to hell is to deny in one foul swoop the absolute immensity of the mystery of life before you.
if you conceive a nanascope of this mystery your life will have been transformed forever, for the good and benefit of beings.
Well that is a wish of mine and you may say a wish fulfillment, but love is the great conqueror I have learned from experience,
we all bow down to it in the end even Jesus did.

I must say the level of Biblical scholarship here on this thread is very impressive.
I envy you in some ways in other ways I don't. I don't stay awake at night wondering if there is a connection between what Paul said
in Colossians and chapter 5 verse 1 in Revelations. I often feel a bit guilty about not being able to draw these wonderful conclusions
about the Bible and according to the 'Author' of the thread I will be condemned because of my lack of understanding of the Bible ?
Actually i just checked the verse in Revelations, chosen off the top of my head and its quite deep, nice, i might read Colossians now lol.. Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 07-02-2022, 11:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
A war in heaven oh my... I thought heaven would be a war free zone
Rev 12 explains the war in heaven.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
It depends on which Bible you use many show Jesus and the Father as being one and the same deity.....
So when a couple gets married, sometimes the one marrying them say they are now 'one'. Does that mean they really are 'one'?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:45 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
So when a couple gets married, sometimes the one marrying them say they are now 'one'. Does that mean they really are 'one'?

BigJohn,

Biblically, yes…..
Old 08-02-2022, 06:33 AM
Master
So does that mean John can now be called Sally and Sally can now be called John?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:

According to the Bible..... yes.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:01 PM
Molearner

Quote:
So does that mean John can now be called Sally and Sally can now be called John?

BigJohn,

If you are trapped in the literal you will miss much….
Old 08-02-2022, 03:58 PM
Master

Quote:

I think the Christian ideal is they are two different persons but the same in essence. Manifesting the same truth or love. Like the Trinity, the Father, Son - Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Three distinct different persons, but one in what they are manifesting. One in their essence.

This idea: The Christian doctrine of the Trinity defines God as being one god existing in three coequal, coeternal, consubstantial divine persons. God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit, three distinct persons sharing one homoousion or essence.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Sometimes marriage is two persons fighting to get what they want. When they don't get what they want, they get divorced and look for a new person to marry. I was just reading about a celebrity couple getting a divorce and fighting on social media. But religious ideas of marriage have high hopes and great expectations! The idea to come together as one in love. It's a good idea but probably is equal to the divorce rate. I just read only 44% of children are living with two parents in their household.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:34 PM
Molearner

How open minded can we be ? Read Matthew 19:4-6…..v.4…’male and female he created them’….’them’ refers to the fact that in the very original creation both the male and the female principles were one entity. We know that Eve came out of this entity via the rib. Both principles remain in the constitutions of mankind. In these verses Jesus does not say one word about marriage. He is speaking about the nature of our being. It is a spiritual principle. Some would say a mind and body Union….mind being the male principle…body being the female principle. It is maintaining the concept of non duality. Now in v.5 when father and mother are first mentioned they are clearly a representation of duality. Spiritually it is duality that one must leave in order to return to the original creation of non duality. This is the return to the Father. By the way, on the physical plane the Union of male and female produces offspring that have both the male and female principles in one body. None of the audience of Jesus could understand this spiritual lesson so he gave specifics to apply to their earthly understanding. Jesus realized this so in verse 11 he said….”But he said unto them, all men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.” In other words must be given the Spirit to understand a spiritual saying. Once again this will appear as foolishness to man…….